IGNORED

Lynx HSC September 2009 - Rampage

atari2600land

Feel like breaking stuff? Break stuff on your Lynx with Rampage! (Just don't break the Lynx itself.) This contest will end Sep. 15 @ 11:59pm Pacific.

CURRENT HIGH SCORES:

1. EricDeLee 3,079,925

2. Horst 2,469,200

3. ninjabba 1,484,676

4. darthkur 1,092,300

5. roadrunner 1,019,400

6. atari2600land 78,100

CURRENT POINTS STANDINGS:

1. Eric DeLee 10

2. Damon Plus 9

3. Horst 8

4. darthkur 7

5. atari2600land 6

6. road runner 5

Edited by atari2600land

Grrr... got any tips for this?

I got an okay score with George (100K+)

Just looking for more... I know there has to be secrets out there for higher points.

I didn't take a screen shot... so I will have to keep playing. :)

I use George for the most part.

Edited by EricDeLee

134,900 on my first attempt at playing this one.

I have to say, this game was a tonne of fun twenty years ago. Not so much now. Its just an exercise in staying alive as long as you can. There is no game end, your health rarely increases and avoiding bullets is difficult.

post-17464-125191472254_thumb.jpg

Ninjabba...

I see your score and raise you 200+ thousand.

1,210,225 is my new high score. I figured things out after losing 2 guys, and bam... I found a new way to play this! LOL

Ball is now back in your court! (Hell, it is only the 3rd of SEP. This is going to be a loooooong month)

post-3390-125201431561.png

I did enjoy beating that, took a while. I see Mr. DeLee has more time to waste than me :)

The game ends after day 59, in fact it ended before I could finish the level, just went to the high score screen. No way I'm going to submit another score, everyone else can battle it out, I'm done!

post-17464-125201742288_thumb.jpg

Just a little note, on day 59 there is a different man hanging out building windows. Looks sort of like a mad scientist with a red cape and gray crazy looking hair- I ate him and the game ended. Odd, just tried the level select cheat to go to day 61... Same crazy looking dude, ate him, game ends instantly. So if you want to continue past day 59 do not eat the crazy looking guy :?

post-17464-125201911247_thumb.jpg

Edited by Horst

Hmm... I think Al did something to the boards. I can no longer post on the forums with my phone again. That sucks.

As for this game: Looks like this will come down to how many points you can get in each level to see who can get the top score. I was around level 50 or 55. So I believe I can do a lot better.

I am still trying to figure out a few scoring techniques to maximize my points. :)

I've got a plan that I started doing after I lost 2 guys fairly early in the game. Then I held onto my final life for nearly 750K points.

So I can get better! And, I'll try again during the next Tigers game! LOL That's when I tend to get time to sit there and dedicate more time to things.

I'm sure I'll get topped, but I will keep practicing! How are we determining which game is going to be played each month?

I did enjoy beating that, took a while. I see Mr. DeLee has more time to waste than me :)

The game ends after day 59, in fact it ended before I could finish the level, just went to the high score screen. No way I'm going to submit another score, everyone else can battle it out, I'm done!

post-17464-125201742288_thumb.jpg

Just a little note, on day 59 there is a different man hanging out building windows. Looks sort of like a mad scientist with a red cape and gray crazy looking hair- I ate him and the game ended.

i don't have a ton of time. lol.

i simply play while watching tigers games. lol

i'll have to try it again... i did get to the 50th day (and a bit beyond...i just can't remember what day). it looks like it will be a "who discovers more points than the other" type of game.

quick note: i was never able to get the briefcase guy to give me extra points... except when i eat him. the guy without the briefcase is a different story. i like grabbing him and going to the tallest building like king kong.

i am still trying to get the other people to do more. (the female...briefcase guy...and camera guy)

Aaargh, I cant believe this!!! Took me almost 2 hours to get there.... I'm gonna waste more time beating your score today EricDeLee!!! I just stopped playing because my fingers were hurting tapping the smash button, but today I will find some lady to massage my hand every now and then

Well... I told you I tend to play during the Tigers games! Last night was not an exception.

Here's more than likely my final score for this month. I fooled around quite a bit to bring the score a bit higher! :)

I used to be frustrated with this game because I used to eat EVERYTHING. Just go slow, pay attention to what you are eating and get EVERY 1000 point item you can find (helicopter, signs on the building, the dude that drops the bomb, cars, etc.)

Certain characters only work with certain monsters and likewise with potions. George (King Kong) uses the girl... and the green potion.

Don't eat the other potions, but chomp down on those other characters!

The mad scientist is the key... Enjoy the game!

post-3390-12521693131.png

post-3390-125216932154.png

Final Score: 2,576,625

Now that college football has begun, I have another thing to watch and play my lynx during. (Except it is a bit harder as I tend to REALLY watch the football games).