IGNORED

How many ADAM users here (or Knightmare wait list)?

opcode

While we wait for the Opgrade Module / ColecoVision2, I thought it could be a good idea to have some of the upcoming games released for the ADAM. After all the ADAM offers 24KB of RAM, just like the OM. The first game will be Knightmare, a port of the famous MSX game from Konami.

In Knightmare the player assumes the role of Popolon, who must save Aphrodite from the evil demon Hudnos. For that Popolon should go to mont Atos, which means 8 stages full of demons and bosses. During his journey Popolon will get help from Hera, Zeus' sister, who will supply him with many different weapons and magic powers.

http://cas10.web.fc2.com/198603.html

Knightmare is one of the best known shooters for the MSX, a really good and challenging game.

The ADAM version offers several improvements over the original version, the main one being an "easy mode". Knightmare is as hard as some shooting games from the 80s could get, near to insane during the 2nd half. So the new easy mode makes things a lot easier. Enemies will shoot less, bosses are easier to destroy, some enemies are slower and Popolon doesn't lose all his weapon and power-ups when he loses a life (though he loses a few more powerful weapons). I think the new easy mode is well balanced for all of us, average players. Just as an example, in normal mode I usually cannot go beyond stage 3. With easy mode I can generally reach stage 6 and beyond.

In addition to the easy mode, an option screen is also offered, and a few performance improvements were done. I will post videos shortly. Beware the MSX videos on youtube though, as most of them were created with PAL MSXs running at 50Hz, which means that the game is running sssllllloooowwwwweerr than it should....

The idea with this list is determine if we can get 20 ADAM users minimum to order the game. The game will be offered in CV cartridge format, MegaCart (128KB) and will include a professionally printed instruction manual. Boxes won't be offered at this time, as they are pretty expensive and 20 cartridges cannot justify the costs, unless we can get 50 plus orders. However even if boxes aren't offered now, they could be offered in the future, when the OM/CV2 version of the game is released. Everyone that gets the game now will get a free box whenever they become available. And since I mentioned the OM/CV2 version, I will be honest and add that the OM/CV2 will probably include improvements not available in the ADAM version, like smooth scroll, flicker-free sprites and much improved sound.

The game should become available in April or May 2010, once I am back from Brazil. It should cost $30.

In case you want to reserve a copy, please send PM to bia_opcode (my wife). Bia will take care of all orders from now on, as Pixelboy is preparing to leave Opcode Games soon to pursue new personal challenge...

Lets see, if this experiment goes well I could offer other games for the ADAM in the future…

Excellent, 15 to go. :)

I got my first ADAM this week. For some reason it never occurred me that I could run all my OM games using the ADAM without extra hardware. I can plug Donkey Kong Arcade and it runs... sweet.. :)

post-1432-125186071026_thumb.gif

Edited by opcode

I'm in! Sooner the better! :)

And Eduardo-- if this is the case, is it necessary to wait for the OCM to be completed before releasing the other games? There are already Adams available daily on Ebay and other sources! Granted, it could cause higher demand on Adam units, but they do work fine as a stand alone console if you have the right power supply, and they already have Composite Video out. Just curious. :)

I can say that I have Coleco Adam computers, one of them is a standalone that I did use one time, so I know it works. At the same time, it should be cool to present the game to the Adamcon next year. But, at the moment, I can only offer you a trade, do you want a GhostBlaster cartridge? Otherwise, I have to save money and say that I would like to have one but I can't, sorry for that.

We have 13 names so far, maybe a couple more if you sent PM to Bia and didn't post here. Bia should start replying soon.

That's excellent, we are almost there...

Daniel, about trades, I am surely interested. I am not counting you now though, since I need orders to pay for the setup costs. But if the game go into producion we can surely discuss the trade. In fact I want some of your other games too...

We have 13 names so far, maybe a couple more if you sent PM to Bia and didn't post here. Bia should start replying soon.

Daniel, about trades, I am surely interested. I am not counting you now though, since I need orders to pay for the setup costs. But if the game go into producion we can surely discuss the trade. In fact I want some of your other games too...

I understand, but it's for me a deja vu situation : we did the same thing for Bejeweled <-> Space Invaders Collection and the conclusion of the story was no trade at all horrible years of misunderstanding. I don't want to live that again. How much?

I understand, but it's for me a deja vu situation : we did the same thing for Bejeweled <-> Space Invaders Collection and the conclusion of the story was no trade at all horrible years of misunderstanding. I don't want to live that again. How much?

Daniel, have you ever considered pursuing a career as a soap opera writer? The good news is, Bia thinks you have a great sense of humor, so she decided to include you in the wait list... Ok, I am just trying to make fun of you... :)

Now seriously, don't you think it is about time to get over those things? We both like the same system, we both program for it. We don't need to be best friends, but let's at least make an effort to keep the dialogs on a friendly and generous tone... How about a fresh start? I am all for it. In fact I sincerely apologize if I did or said something rude in the past. We probably had a bad start and I admit that sometimes I am a complete a******, though I must confess you are a pain in the a** sometimes too. However I have been working hard to change my behavior, you should do the same. So how about that? Fresh start, are we good?