IGNORED

Penguin Land (ColecoVision) PRE-ORDER

retroillucid

Can you give me an idea of the game play?

Also, what game would you compare it to? e.g. "if you liked Dig Dug you'll like Penguin Land"

It's an earlier version of this game, which came out in the US for the Master System. It's a puzzle game where you try to guide an egg to the bottom of the downward scrolling stage without letting it get cracked. The pengiun can dig through blocks like in Lode Runner or push rocks. The digging ability can also be used to make blocks fall down or make the egg go through a hole. I don't know what to compare it to, but if you found Mr. Driller, Donkey Kong Game Boy (not to be confused with Donkey Kong Land), or Solomon's Key enjoyable, you might like this.

Edited by BrianC

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates on shipping? I havent heard anything in a while. Just checking.

Hi potzrebie :)

Look at post # 47 and # 48 :D

I'm in the same boat as retroillucid. I ordered some PCBs from AtariAge for my Team Pixelboy projects, but supplies of Pixels Past PCBs are exausted and Albert is currently working to get a new (and cheaper) PCB model made, which is still in the prototyping phase. So there's nothing else to do but wait, or get ColecoVision PCBs somewhere else (for now).

Any updates on shipping? I havent heard anything in a while. Just checking.

Hi potzrebie :)

Look at post # 47 and # 48 :D

I'm in the same boat as retroillucid. I ordered some PCBs from AtariAge for my Team Pixelboy projects, but supplies of Pixels Past PCBs are exausted and Albert is currently working to get a new (and cheaper) PCB model made, which is still in the prototyping phase. So there's nothing else to do but wait, or get ColecoVision PCBs somewhere else (for now).

I've got standard 32K PCBs available, suitable for 32K (E)PROMs. if you need them now. Same one that's in Squares!, some of Daniel's newer products, etc. PM me for details.

Thanks,

5-11under

• 2 weeks later...

LATEST NEWS!!

Hi

I decide to retain the services of 5-11under for making the (DAMN!) Penguin Land cartridges...

In fact, He agree to help us getting those (DAMN!) carts done

So, expect to finally have this (DAMN!) game soon! ;)

Well, I'm also doing business with 5-11under for making the (DAMN!) Girl's Garden and the (DAMN!) Gulkave (and also one other (DAMN!) unannounced game), so you're going to have to wait in line, DAMN IT! :P

Hey! (Damn it!!!) we (well I.. I.. I.. don't care) if it takes a few weeks or more (been waiting for Pier solar for well over a year!!!!! :? ) - just get the stuff to us to play on our colecos!!!!!!!

GO 5-11under - HYPER DRIVE time!! :twisted:

Edited by JEFF31

Hey! (Damn it!!!) we (well I.. I.. I.. don't care) if it takes a few weeks or more (been waiting for Pier solar for well over a year!!!!! :? ) - just get the stuff to us to play on our colecos!!!!!!!

GO 5-11under - HYPER DRIVE time!! :twisted:

This weekend is devoted to testing and mailing out the component video mods.

I'll move as fast as I can with the PCBs, though. The pressure's on, I guess. ;)

5-11under

LATEST NEWS!!

Hi

I decide to retain the services of 5-11under for making the (DAMN!) Penguin Land cartridges...

Where does this leave Pooyan? I haven't heard anything on it in a while (and can't seem to find your original topic on it).

LATEST NEWS!!

Hi

Where does this leave Pooyan? I haven't heard anything on it in a while (and can't seem to find your original topic on it).

I was wondering about that too. I paid for that a LONG time ago.

LATEST NEWS!!

Hi

Well, talk about a delayed game!

I'll post some news in January about it

Don't worry, this game is almost done, the only thing remaining was to correct a bug in the game

Otherwise, this game is done and everything is set for a release! :)

Dvik/Joyrex have worked on so many projects in 2009, it's awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

LATEST NEWS!!

Hi

Well, talk about a delayed game!

I'll post some news in January about it

Don't worry, this game is almost done, the only thing remaining was to correct a bug in the game

Otherwise, this game is done and everything is set for a release! :)

Dvik/Joyrex have worked on so many projects in 2009, it's awesome!

Any closer to some news about Pooyan and the rest of the projects?

• 5 weeks later...

I received all PCBs needed for Penguin Land release! :D

I'll start to ship them in March since I've to glued all boxes first

All cartridges are assemlbed & labeled, Manuals are ready too

Those who ordered Mario Bros & Penguin Land will received both games at the same time

That's next week, ALL Mario Bros copies will have been ship at this point ;) Yay!

I'll NOT take anymore order(s) until everything is ship. I don't want to let wait those who paid for their previous order