IGNORED

[TI-99/4A] Pitfall!

retroclouds

ok, now to the hard facts. My original intended price tag of 35 USD was a bit too optimistic to say the least.

With such kind of homebrew project I guess your are always in for a surprise (bigger EPROMS, PCB adjustments and

customs grabbing my latest set of PCB's, you name it). This is also the first homebrew game cartridge for the TI-99/4a.

Still I'm trying to keep the price reasonable.

The selling price is now set to $43 USD.

Shipping cost will be 8,5$ (shipping from Germany - without insurance).

Making a total of 51,5$ USD.

I'm only accepting paypal.

I think this is still fair and I haven't charged anyone upfront.

I will be contacting the people on the list for the first batch.

PS. By the way for my next games I'm looking for a publisher, preferably working from the US.

Shipping to and from Europe is rather expensive and I also want to concentrate on programming games

and less on publishing. I'm concentrating on the TI-99/4A, and perhaps colecovision who knows ;)

Man--- these carts look amazing.... If you adjust for inflation, this price is still less than many TI cart packages from the early 80s. :). Bravo on completing the project man... This is truly a monumental occasion and a groundbreaking release for our little computer. I hope that other 9900 programmers pick up the torch you have lit. You should be very proud, Filip. :)

Man--- these carts look amazing.... If you adjust for inflation, this price is still less than many TI cart packages from the early 80s. :). Bravo on completing the project man... This is truly a monumental occasion and a groundbreaking release for our little computer. I hope that other 9900 programmers pick up the torch you have lit. You should be very proud, Filip. :)

Thank you Owen, appeciate it a lot ;-)

Looking good, glad I'm on the list. Depending upon what you have in mind for future US publishing arrangements, I'd certainly put forth Armchair Arcade as one option for you.

wow, thanks. Working together with Armchair Arcade. That would be so cool.

I would like to get back to you via PM early next week as soon as I have some stuff sorted out.

These really are exciting homebrew times :D

ok, this morning a bunch of cartridges got shipped.

I now still have about half of the first batch, not bad at all :D

The cartridges still there aren't yet paid for or I didn't receive an answer at all.

If you are on the preorder list for the first batch and haven't responded then please do so.

If I don't get a response by Tuesday, I'll have to hand over your reserved cartridge to the ones next-up

on the wait list :|

I've got the Pitfall Cartridge !! :-D, i'm very happy very very happy !! :-D, it's a good work for this game... now you can start to work for a new project while will ship all cartridges remaining ! ... :-D ... i would want create the Manual... i will try... :-D

Thanks for all...

Ciro.

I've got the Pitfall Cartridge !! :-D, i'm very happy very very happy !! :-D, it's a good work for this game... now you can start to work for a new project while will ship all cartridges remaining ! ... :-D ... i would want create the Manual... i will try... :-D

Thanks for all...

Ciro.

Hi Ciro!

its good to hear you have received the cartridges. Good luck with the manual!

Yes, the next conversion will be something special ;)

I started working on it last week; it is not Time Pilot, because Time Pilot will need

some extra memory on the PCB and we do not have such PCBs' yet.

Hint: a long long time ago in Egypt there was a .... :D

retroclouds

Hi Ciro!

its good to hear you have received the cartridges. Good luck with the manual!

:-) yes, i would want create the original activision manual of pitfall... :-)

Yes, the next conversion will be something special ;)

WOW !!! 'm curious !!! :-o

I started working on it last week; it is not Time Pilot, because Time Pilot will need

some extra memory on the PCB and we do not have such PCBs' yet.

yes, i understand... i've neverlander on cartridge but it exploits the memory of the PEB... but Time Pilot Too is a BIG Great Project :-D

Hint: a long long time ago in Egypt there was a .... :D

mmmmm.... :twisted: ... This is the Thought of the night .... you decided not to make us sleep? :lolblue:

ti99userclub

wow, just had a chance to checkout your work! :o

It's very good! The only things I would modify (but that's a matter of personal taste):

a) Put the "retroclouds" logo in black letters instead of white.

b) Change "TI-99/4A" in "for the Texas Instruments TI-99/4A" (perhaps also in black)

c) I like that you've put an image of the cartridge on it, seems that this image was taken

from the prototype cartridge (had a bubble). Perhaps an image of a production cartridge should be used.

Either way, congratulations on a job well done!!

wow, just had a chance to checkout your work! :o

It's very good! The only things I would modify (but that's a matter of personal taste):

a) Put the "retroclouds" logo in black letters instead of white.

b) Change "TI-99/4A" in "for the Texas Instruments TI-99/4A" (perhaps also in black)

c) I like that you've put an image of the cartridge on it, seems that this image was taken

from the prototype cartridge (had a bubble). Perhaps an image of a production cartridge should be used.

Either way, congratulations on a job well done!!

Yeah !!! :-D

I'm very happy you like my work... it's just the cover... now i'm working in the manual...

i would like to do a multilanguage manual... so i must looking for do it.

i modified with your suggestion, let me know if it's ok... now the cart is in color... was better in B/W ?

:-)

post-24673-126718766806_thumb.jpg

I like the cartridge picture in color and the black letters for the logo.

One small thing, guess that the "Texas Instruments TI-99/4A does take too much space ?

How about: "For the TI-99/4A Home Computer".

Would that take less space ?

Very cool! :D

Question: May I post about your cover on my blog and in the yahoo newsgroup :?:

Edited by retroclouds

I like the cartridge picture in color and the black letters for the logo.

perfect, then let them so :-)

One small thing, guess that the "Texas Instruments TI-99/4A does take too much space ?

How about: "For the TI-99/4A Home Computer".

Would that take less space ?

no, i think that the space is the same, but perhaps it is better however, will change it, after we decide...

just i must wait monday becouse now i'm in other city :-(

Very cool! :D

:-) i'm very happy... pleases you is a great satisfaction for me :-D, I can not wait to see it finished and printed ...after i will think about box solution.

Question: May I post about your cover on my blog and in the yahoo newsgroup :?:

Shure of it !, i will very happy... but it's just a "Beta Version"... however you can do any you want... it's my present to you for your work... :-)

hi, and congratulation again for this fantastic conversion !

I just want to give me personal opinion for art box. It's really nice, but... for me, not in TI-99 style. It's little bit too modern.

don't want to interfere, because the job is already amazing... but just two options maybe..(..no no, i'm not pressing for conversion of Pitfall 2, especially with Atari XL original music ;) )

post-25699-126731889532_thumb.jpg

post-25699-126731899364_thumb.jpg

Edited by rocky007

hi, and congratulation again for this fantastic conversion !

I just want to give me personal opinion for art box. It's really nice, but... for me, not in TI-99 style. It's little bit too modern.

don't want to interfere, because the job is already amazing... but just two options maybe..(..no no, i'm not pressing for conversion of Pitfall 2, especially with Atari XL original music ;) )

:-D

good ideas... and i'm happy to see that i'm not the Only that want a Manual !!! :-D

just that I thought: the cartridge is not TI-99/4A standard label but is a New Version Label so new version Manual, on the manual i must show the same imagine of the label's cart, and a manual must be for a conversion game made in 2010, the game is not done from Texas Instruments but from RetroClouds, and a lot of third party cart that are not distribuite from Texas Instruments have not a TI Standard graphic manual... so, i thought for new manual in 2010 graphics style and not in TI Standard becouse it a RetroClouds Distribution :-) ... but i'm happy to have more manual cover for who do not like my version... so we can choice... but I choose my own for mine manual. :-)

Edited by ti99userclub