IGNORED

[TI-99/4A] Pitfall!

retroclouds

I agree totally with you, and what i did wasn't an official proposing from my side, but just a "proof of concept" of what could be a retro style ;)...

ooohhh yessss, i understand... i started from the same concept and with the same cover style :-), just in the work in progress i've tought any change... :-D

thanks opry99er, unfortunally the picture of the first if from Pitfall II cover...so difficult to remove the "II"...what to do if retrocloud release Pitfall II ? ;)

so, here is it the same with Pitfall... after some search, i noticed that even games not made by TI have also the same cover design.

Ex: Congo Bongo is made & published by SEGA, but with the same cover style.

post-25699-126736864725_thumb.jpg

post-25699-126736866042_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That's fantastic work!!! Are you doing that by hand? I mean, you're using some kind of editing software, but you're talented!! I'll have to get you to do the cover art for my new RPG, "The Legend of Beryl Reichardt". :)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/157664-the-legend-of-beryl-reichardt/page__st__50

look down the page a ways to see 2 screenshots

Sorry to disappoint you, but i'm really not talented ! I made them simply using the copy&paste functions in Photoshop, and all graphics are from the pitfall originals artworks.

It could a pleasure the help you, but i'm not graphist unfortunally. I can help you if you supply minimum bases.

PS: Watched your project, it's really great, remembering me the Ultima series. hope to see it finished soon

after some search, i noticed that even games not made by TI have also the same cover design.

Ex: Congo Bongo is made & published by SEGA, but with the same cover style.

:-) ... well done... it's a good alternative :-) .... but about you wrote i must say that have the same cover becouse distribuited by TI... other software as 2049er for exemple or all scott foresman distribuited from himself or FunWare Software ... are not in TI standard graphic style...

however are two different works... i know your cover becouse i have had the original pitfall II, just I wanted to offer something different.

now i'm decided how can be done a box for cart and how to lay out the manual :-)

I Found an old VHS box and i can try to adapt it for a box, it's could be easy for everyone to do !!!

any suggestion ?

post-24673-126737232937_thumb.jpg

post-24673-126737234092_thumb.jpg

post-24673-126737235369_thumb.jpg

Edited by ti99userclub

Just received my Pitfall! cartridge yesterday and tried it a few minutes ago.. AMAZING!!?

Truly an incredible piece of work! I really hope everyone who wants one of these cartridges can get one!! Wow!?!

I hope there are more future TI cartridges for me to purchase. :)

please have pity for people who missed 1st batch...(like me :sad: )

Hello everyone!

Excuse my absence but I was not good .... influence :-( ... now better .... and I Rimes to work. here is the other two proposals, mixed with the previous ones ... I've now taken over the drafting of the handbook :-)

all this work to resume at least some label design of the cartridge, otherwise we would be completely out of the plan devised by retroclouds.

Always in my opinion ... means ;-)

how do you think?

post-24673-126824190794_thumb.jpg

post-24673-126824192213_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

Excuse my absence but I was not good .... influence :-( ... now better .... and I Rimes to work. here is the other two proposals, mixed with the previous ones ... I've now taken over the drafting of the handbook :-)

all this work to resume at least some label design of the cartridge, otherwise we would be completely out of the plan devised by retroclouds.

how do you think?

Hi ti99userclub!

Good to hear you are doing better :)

To be honest I like your first original picture better. I'd stick with that one.

I like the pictures of rocky007 too, but I don't think its a good idea to mix them. They are a different style.

Also the 2nd picture is from Pitfall II, and you never know perhaps I might give that one a shot sometime :D

retroclouds

Hello everyone!

how do you think?

Hi ti99userclub!

Good to hear you are doing better :)

To be honest I like your first original picture better. I'd stick with that one.

I like the pictures of rocky007 too, but I don't think its a good idea to mix them. They are a different style.

Also the 2nd picture is from Pitfall II, and you never know perhaps I might give that one a shot sometime :D

retroclouds

Ok, i tried to mix just becouse i understand someone like the old style manual... but i think that green type manual is not consistent with your work, however if you like more "not mixed" manual i will continue to work on that version, and i'm agree with you about the 2nd picture, it's Pitfall II, is a good idea to leave that image free for the future ;-) ...

Ciro.

Edited by ti99userclub

Want to take the opportunity to thank all of you who helped support Pitfall. It's a huge success.

I still have a few spare Pitfall cartridges so I will be contacting a few of the people on the wait list.

By the way, my next homebrew cartridge project has started. It's a conversion of Parker Brothers' Tutankham of the

colecovision but enhanced with a decent title screen and Tutankham tune.

I'm heading for a 32K cartridge but might end up with a 64K one :D

Want to take the opportunity to thank all of you who helped support Pitfall. It's a huge success.

I still have a few spare Pitfall cartridges so I will be contacting a few of the people on the wait list.

By the way, my next homebrew cartridge project has started. It's a conversion of Parker Brothers' Tutankham of the

colecovision but enhanced with a decent title screen and Tutankham tune.

I'm heading for a 32K cartridge but might end up with a 64K one :D

Excellent! Please put me on the preorder list! :grin:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

After a long period, I'm very happy to announce that Pitfall! now finally is available for sale again :)

Thanks to the hard work of matthew180 we have a nice webshop where you can order Pitfall! and other funky TI stuff.

The Pitfall! cartridge is now assembled and shipped from the USA, so that should help reduce shipping costs a bit, as most of you are located in the USA anyway.

Check out http://codehackcreate.com and click on the store link. Or click here.

pitfall_batch2_cartlabel.jpeg

pitfall_batch2_pcbeprom.jpeg

*NOTE* The game even runs on unexpanded 99/4A computers (=without 32K RAM memory expansion).

It does not contain a GROM and thus will not work on the later released 99/4A computers.

If your Master Title Screen says "2.2" and "© 1983" on it then this cartridge will not work in your computer.

Edited by retroclouds

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...