IGNORED

Tetricize ... another old game from 1991

Synthpopalooza

This is yet another game I made back in 1991 ... and got rescued from a decaying floppy: Tetricize ... a tetris game with exploding bombs and lasers which uses the Antic 4 (Graphics 12) mode. It's written in compiled Turbobasic.

Also included is a 2-player light cycle game called Micro-environ which uses Graphics 15.

Enjoy!

tetricize.zip.zip

• Like 1

Cool, kind of a Tetris Blast..

Knoxville... did you work for Magnavox? :D Got any rare OD2 stuff... I know it's off topic but hey I had to ask.

AX

No I didn't unfortunately ... :) So no 02 stuff ... just a lot of old 2600 games and a couple of Atari 8's (800xl and 130xe) that no longer work (would love to get them fixed tho!)

You didn't happen to be an old member of the Knoxville Atari User Group did you?

Hey Bobby,

Thanks for sharing your games and utilities. I also stored information about Textdraw 1.0 in Source code section of my site. Micro-environ and download links will follow soon, with Sky Scraper and Tetricize info already stored. atarionline.pl also included your games in new article.

Greetz,

Gury

Thanks ... I tried to register on that site but I don't think it sent me the confirmation e-mail. :( Read the article though ... very good!

Thanks ... I tried to register on that site but I don't think it sent me the confirmation e-mail. :( Read the article though ... very good!

Did you finally get confirmation email? It's not working automatically, membership is always to be confirmed by admins. Usually it takes few hours, sometimes minutes.

This is yet another game I made back in 1991 ... and got rescued from a decaying floppy: Tetricize ... a tetris game with exploding bombs and lasers which uses the Antic 4 (Graphics 12) mode. It's written in compiled Turbobasic.

Also included is a 2-player light cycle game called Micro-environ which uses Graphics 15.

Enjoy!

Dumb question maybe, but how do you run the games?

Hi tjlazer,

When you run provided image on your emulator or real hardware, with BASIC switched off, press L for load. Type RUNTIME.COM and again press L. For game Tetricize, type TETRICIZ.CTB, and for Micro-Environ, type MICRO.CTB.

Cheers,

Gury

You can also rename runtime.com to autorun.sys and then tetriciz.ctb to autorun.ctb and the game will load automatically when booting up. Again, make sure BASIC is turned off.

Is 18 years too late for feedback :?: :!:

Tetricize is a nice version of Tetris, got to level 9 and 2nd place on the scoreboard! Great to have a game that saves the high scores to give some incentive to play more. Just shows what can be achieved with Turbo Basic (and the compiler). Nice options screen, shame it resets after each go! The game goes from relatively slow and easy to too hard at level 9 and level 10 gets you before you are ready, even starting at level 9 I struggled to get anywhere on level 10 as it starts too near the top! Would be nice if all the tunes (including one used on title screen) were rotated during play. The dark blue pieces make it hard to see the gaps, maybe uk tv and 130XE's washy colours to blame. I found visibility much better with the alignment guide off. the flashing of your name was a little off-putting during play but hey it's your game :D Great tip on auto-booting compiled turbo basic games, even after all these years you can still find some great tips! Well worth a play :)