IGNORED

Season 2 7800 HSC Round 2 *Sirius*

darthkur

Atari7800Sirius.jpg

s_Sirius_20.png

Being embroiled in a costly war with a neighboring solar system, that was not going well for Earth, we created a doomsday weapon. That being the V-X9 Nanobot. Conceived as a supposed limited range weapon, their programing was quite simple, consume any life form in their path. They were placed in a remote operated cargo ship and set on a course to the enemy system. Unfortunately for us the plan backfired severely. The ship went off course and crashed on our own colony world of Sirius. Not only has the nanobots eradicated everyone and everything on Sirius but instead of simply wiping everything out the nanobots have instead mutated all they came in contact with and through rapid evolution have become a whole new enemy unto themselves. This situation is now top priority and you must swiftly take action to crush this new opposition. You are to be equipped with the most advanced ship in the fleet, the AX StarfighteR-Type 242. Your imperative is to immediately confront this newly made bio-mechanical nemesis on Sirius and destroy it utterly before it reaches any more human outposts and annihilates us.

Emulators are fine as is whatever controller you feel the most comfortable with. Screenshots are great but not mandatory. Please do not use any cheat/hack options. These include auto-fire, unlimited lives, invincibility, etc.

Settings: Easy. (Adjust right difficulty setting or press and hold F5 in Prosystem emulator then press Fire while on the screen that shows the credits and copyright. You'll see the option of either hard or easy at the bottom.)

Contest ends on: 9-28-09 at 1:00am EST.

Final High Scores:

1st: darthkur - 77,900 +11

2nd: atomickneedrop - 51,850 +10

3rd: xZanU - 32,150 +9

4th: gdement - 16,650 +8

5th: roadrunner - 11,100 +7

6th: Armonigann - 9,200 +6

7th: aftermac - 8,800 +5

Current Standings:

1st: darthkur (11) (1)

2nd: Shannon (10)

3rd: gdement (9)

4th: roadrunner (8)

5th: Atardi (7)

6th: segasaturn (6)

7th: Sauron (5)

8th: Armonigann (4)

9th: aftermac (3)

10th: xZanU (2)

11th: mimo (1)

Numbers in RED are accumulated points. Numbers in BLUE are number of rounds won.

Link to the official manual: Unfortunately, there is no instruction manual, that I am aware of. So my suggestions are to simply blast everything in sight and don't get shot nor ram into anything other than power-ups.

Edited by darthkur

Now that was an over the top game. I pretty much filled the "Hero" board with scores before managing to complete level 1. Completing a level brings in a nice bonus, you get 100 PTS for everything you blew up (I think). I'd hate to see what the HARD difficulty setting is. This game is far from EASY.

post-21467-12530339115_thumb.gif

P.S. Who is this "KEV" guy and how did he get 68,000 Pts? He certainly is not flying the ship in demo mode, that guy only gets 2300 pts.

P.S. Who is this "KEV" guy and how did he get 68,000 Pts? He certainly is not flying the ship in demo mode, that guy only gets 2300 pts.

Maybe he's the guy who made the game. Whoever he is he must be a Sith Lord or something to score that high. :P

Not sure if I will do better. Was into level 2 for a good while, most of this was sheer luck. My up arrow on the keyboard stuck on me at one point causing the ship not to move at all and it flew right into a structure. If you manage to hold on to the bonuses long enough, they become super helpful.

post-21467-125304255916_thumb.gif

Maybe he's the guy who made the game. Whoever he is he must be a Sith Lord or something to score that high. :P

Must be! It is nearly impossible to keep pace with this thing. Mostly I just stare at where my main ship is and hold down the fire button while trying to dodge stuff and differentiate my weapon fire from the enemy weapon fire coming at me. At times I also tend to not see the tiny little asteroids that look like they are just part of the background.

The Level 1 End Boss is not very difficult to beat, The two times I go there I did not lose a life. Once I had one of those backup ships with me and the other time I was alone.

I wish so bad I had this cart!! Played on emu but I prefer the real deal. It would be awesome if there was a run on youtube.

I actually did this for Donkey Kong Jr and Burger Time (Beef Drop). If I can find a new video screen capture program (Was using AVI Screen, but it stopped working after updating MS Office? Why I do not know) I will take another crack at it. It is kind of a pain in the --- sometimes though as I play back to back games. When I used AVI Screen, it would generate huge files, well over a gig, just because of all the attempts. Then you have to cut it down to the relevant good score/good run. It took a lot of time. If anyone can point me to another free one that has some decent compression I am all for it as I do use the Emulator most of the time.

It sure does make a huge difference when you add on a few of those power-ups. Trick is to push in the fire button and keep it there and just blast away. It might also help that I recently obtained an old Suncom TAC-2 controller. It's almost like an arcade stick. I wish the place would have had two of them. Would be perfect for Robotron. :cool:

post-10357-125322696322_thumb.png

EDIT:

Did a little better. This game is getting addicting.

post-10357-125322927141_thumb.png

Edited by darthkur

It sure does make a huge difference when you add on a few of those power-ups. Trick is to push in the fire button and keep it there and just blast away. It might also help that I recently obtained an old Suncom TAC-2 controller. It's almost like an arcade stick. I wish the place would have had two of them. Would be perfect for Robotron. :cool:

EDIT:

Did a little better. This game is getting addicting.

I think we have found out who is going to take this round! :)

What place did you get the controller from?

What place did you get the controller from?

A small game shop called Game Rage in Weaverville, NC for $5.

The thing is built like a tank.

Very cool! Though Weaverville is super far from me! Dang! I've been meaning to find shops like this in my area, but have not gotten around to it yet :( Oh and congratts on taking down "Kev" :)

Oh and congratts on taking down "Kev" :)

Thanks. I guess I officially earned my "Darth" title. :P Actually it's not that hard once you start to memorize where the enemies come out and be ready for them. Plus holding onto the full assortment of power-ups is quite helpful as well.