IGNORED

Flash's collection

flashjazzcat

Couple of snaps I took today. I'll do something more elaborate eventually...

Two nearly mint XEs: the 65XE (at the back) I bought new nearly twenty years ago, and had been in storage until I retrieved it last November. The keyboard was yellow and at the time (prior to Retr0Brite) I figured the best solution was a brand new keyboard (which is in the 130XE at the moment). The 130XE at the front is second hand from ebay. I bought it for £14 a couple of months ago. The case is so mint that I had to put the 65XE's new keyboard in it (the 130XE's is now in the 65XE!):

gallery_21964_402_487098.jpg

And the two STs. The 520ST at the back was my first upgrade job (to 1MB). Tried bleaching the case but it never came up too great. Then I got the STE in front for £5, which I very successfully cleaned up, upgraded to 4MB, put a 4160STe badge on, and replaced the DMA chip. It's nearly as nice as the mint 130XE.

gallery_21964_402_100692.jpg

I've only been "collecting" for about six months, and I'm not really hoarding for the sake of it. The XEs are used for software development, and I hope to do some development on the ST one day. I also have an XF-551 which I bought new, plus four ST mice in various states of restoration. No huge software collections... I doubt I ever will. I'd quite like an 800XL or 1200XL one day.