IGNORED

I bought an "MP5 PSP" game player off eBay

LS650

• 3 months later...

I dont need it either, cause I have a psp 3000, and ChickHEN R3 is coming out soon, soo...yeah. (No insults here, but it looks cool.)

What the hell is a chickenhen r3?

:?

ChickHEN is a method of loading custom firmware on a PSP to play emulators, etc.

You can run homebrew on a PSP-3000? News to me!

• 5 months later...

Atari Rocks!- I found your post while looking online to fix the exact player that you bought(mp4 mp5 game player). I apologize for an off topic post in on atariage forums. My problem is that the player won't charge either with the included cable or with usb. Also, Does the red light indicate charging?

Edited by yete

I wouldn't be surprised if it has a lot of common DNA with the Dingoo A320, based on what you said. It looks like a A320 in a PSP's body. Mind you, the A330 is just like that, but white.

Most likely some Chinese factory was making official Sony PSP molds, and then did a private run of their own(with no UMD, etc) to make these. It sounds like a better deal than the PSP ever was!

70? That's $30 less than the A320. Not bad!

Emulation? I'm all over that. Some of these Chinese unofficial limited-run knockoffs are in some ways better than the usual commercial game console(portable or not) offerings.

I found mine on ebay for about $40 with shipping so I'd consider that a good deal. I was looking at buying a used psp 2000, but they are still around $100 for the working, and at least $30 for a barely functioning psp. I was wondering what devices play 64 bit games. I heard emulation for nintendo 64 games is mediocre at best on the psp but that may have changed now. The problem with off brand game devices is that I cannot find a dedicated forum for them. Especially true with the device Atari Rocks shows; no brand displayed anywhere, I've even taken it apart to no avail.

Edited by yete

• 1 month later...

There's a few versions of Gameking, but they're crap. The screen is black and white, very low resolution, games suck, etc. The Game King I was black and white, the Game King II had fake color on it (a background scene) but the games were still black. The newer version Gameking III doesn't look like a PSP and actually has a color screen.

I have seen similar called 'Gameking' at least twice (and both at sunday markets/car boot sales) they are same designs as original PSP but didn't state as much on the case/packaging

No clue what Zigbee is. I really just want that one 'cause it's got a 5" screen.

There's another similar system with a smaller screen that plays some other game system I never heard of.

Deal Extreme has a lot of neat things like that.. just search for video games or handheld video game. I do a search every month or so when I remember to see what's new. I've bought from them twice so far with no problems going into United States.

I have a cell phone jamming device... that sucker works great. Was under $30 bucks too! It doesn't have a long distance, but that's okay I don't want to get in trouble anyway. Just wanted to be a dick and play a joke on my Girlfriend's Daughter. Our apartment has no cell service LOL.

I also bought a Bluetooth adapter to send games and ringtones from my computer to cell phone. Under $4 bucks included shipping! Awesome price. In stores the cheapest I found was $29 or $39 (I forget) from Staples.

You have got a good price on that. Deal Extreme has them for more.

I am looking at trying this one next, because it's got a 5" screen, crappy camera I'll never use, and 8GB:

http://www.dealextre...ls.dx/sku.39022

WOW! IT PLAYS ZIGBEE ROMS!

What's a Zigbee????

I'd love to get up 50 people and place an order for these:

http://www.dhgate.com/gb-station-light-ii-video-games-2-7inch-big/p-ff8080812a843568012a88702bae273c.html

Supposedly 2000 games built in.. $27 + shipping to the United States.

Deal Extreme only has the Game Station Lite.. not this one. This one supposedly has a better battery, more games, and NTSC tv out.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.dhgate.com/gb-station-light-ii-video-games-2-7inch-big/p-ff8080812a843568012a88702bae273c.html

Deal Extreme only has the Game Station Lite.. not this one. This one supposedly has a better battery, more games, and NTSC tv out.

If someone was willing to do this, I would buy one for that price (Ax, where are you? ;)).

Better battery is a plus, but, it's just a Hong Kong pirate NES with proprietary carts.. meaning you can't add new games besides hunting down GB Station specific carts.

My Power Player doesn't have a screen, but it runs off of normal batteries and can take Famicom games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Player_Super_Joy_III

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I bought one of these also off of eBay about a year ago and for $42 I'm satisfied with it. The NES, GB and GBC are emulated the best. GBA emulation is hit or miss but a lot of GBA roms run good. The Genesis emulator is not bad but there is some lag in animation and the audio is off. It also only plays the .SMD roms for the Genesis emulator and not the .BIN's. The SNES emulator is horrible with the audio being good but the animation suffering badly. As far as videos and music goes it does really good. The actual hardware seems cheap IMO with the L shoulder button on my unit barely works and the directional joystick is junk.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...

@noclafirata not from my experience no, but a MAME handheld might play it.

But finding a pre-built handheld isn't your only option...

Consider Converting an Android Phone (cheap with a lot of awesome features)

1. Grab a spare phone or buy a cheap one (like one from Walmart and no need to get a plan)
Note: I'd turn on Developer mode and enable installation from unknown sources, also ES File Explorer is handy for installing APK files from a network.
2. Download "ALynx Free" for Android (not available on Play Store anymore)
3. Download The Links BIOS (and install it, google how)
4. Buy a Mobile Joystick Gamepad (like the GameSir F1, cheap at $10 on Amazon)
5. Consider buying an expansion MicroSD card (for games, movies, etc)
Notes: I'd grab a 32GB Samsung Evo for like $8 on Amazon. They work great and I wouldn't buy a "cheap" one. They are the best for the money and come with a 10 year warranty.
6. Install more emulators:
Happy Chick is one of the best easy options.
Notes: It manages all the setup of emulators for your and you just play (PSP, ePSXe, MAME, Nin64, etc.). The emulator does have issues but overall is great for the ease of setup and use. Again, it's not available on the Play Store so you have to manually download and install it, but it's worth it.
Install some Android games, load some movies, etc. It's great for kids too.
Then just Play!
Best,
AliasFoxKDE
Edited by aliasfoxkde