IGNORED

Thursday: NPR Morning Edition

Albert

The Night Phantom has a Morning Job (alas), and I usually listen to Morning Edition. Well, parts of it, since I tend to drift back into and out of sleep. By 55 minutes into the first hour, I am usually scrambling like a madman to get out of bed and into the bathroom for my shower and other bathroom business.

So, to listen to the show tomorrow, I’ll have to force myself to get up earlier (like I should every day), so that I’ll have time to listen to this mysterious story.

So, I guess I’d better go to bed now. :sad:

Night-night!

I was changing stations when I heard the word ATARI on NPR as I changed the station. Of course I went back and listened the interview. I was shocked when he said Atariage. You see, I never saw the posting saying anything about the interview. I ran into the interview by mistake. My wife and I were laughing because Albert was describing "me". He was saying everything I do. I guess we all get our games on ebay or the flee market. I think it's great that Atariage made it to NPR news. : )

Around 6:55 this morning I also heard a story about ferries, and I thought that was a pretty rude way for NPR to talk about retrogamers. :D Seriously, I missed the story, but at least I got up in time to shave and to have a decent breakfast.

Later I listened to the story on the Web, via the page that Atar1G1rl mentioned. I’m guessing it aired around 55 minutes into Morning Edition’s second hour. It was a nice piece (though not very informative for an old AtariAge vet), and I think Albert did a nice job of presenting the situation. I’m also a little envious that he got to talk with Bob Edwards—I love hearing that sonorous voice in the morning. I’m glad to see that in at least one case the interview has already gotten someone in touch with our little hobby.

• 2 months later...