IGNORED

DC Atari 800 - Koffi

oesii

I finally got around to burning a copy of the new version of this emu, thanks Xot ;) and I wanted to let Cafeman know that the Koffi demo plays great on it but because it's the same port as the Mac OSX version the raindrops are still green :!:

On all the demo's and ROMs that will be posted from this point, pressing #6 on the title screen will change the raindrops and Koffi's Eyes to a different color, one that appears a nice Blue on all the emulators. In code I call the switch "EmulatorBlues", a nice double-entendre if you ask me. In former versions of Koffi, pressing #6 changed ALL the levels' colors, but this newer version only changes the greens/blues, a better solution to me.

Incidentally, this color (#$74 and #$76) is purplish on the actual 5200 (I intend for the actual Koffi carts to have this code deactivated).

I'd love to figure out all this DC emu crap some day.

If you have a dreamcast I can set you up with the Atari 800/5200 emulator. And give you an idea on how easy it is to set it up and burn it. If you want me to send it to you let me know.

Of course, I would prefer to do this only after Koffi is done and I've received my copy of Koffi ;)

j/k let me know. :D

Dude.... out of all the Dreamcast emu's I've been able to burn, for some reason I can not successfully burn a damn 800 emu :(

I have the stupid roms/etc needed to boot the thing but I just can't get it working right (which is weird, cause I didn't have any problem with NesterDC or the others)

I have an 800 emulator for my iMac800 (weird eh? ;-)

and it works nice, but as with any PC/MAC emulator, it's not as nice

to play it on a screen as it is to play it on a console :)

Anyone couldn't possibly make a 800 IMAGE in Nero maybe could they?

( :)

Clint Thopmson

:P

I just noticed that you said you had the roms, the would probably save like 195mb of that file :)

Have you tried these instructions:

http://members.chello.nl/~m.schuitemaker/a...ari/burning.htm

That dir2boot program is really great in making a nero self-booting image. Anyways, you grab all those files at this site and the emu and place them in any directory. Dir2boot figures out the rest. One of the things you need to know that's not too well documented is to rename atari800.scrambled to 1st_read.bin

Here's what files are in my root dir before I run dir2boot:

post-1503-1035158482_thumb.jpg