IGNORED

Harmony cart arrived today :-)

save2600

It still just spins....I have tried 2 different SD cards locked, unlocked, quick format, regular format, folders, folders with roms on the root directory, roms by themselves, still nothing :x I guess I missed the 32MB card thing......I guess I am off to shopping on ebay

Up next hammer? anyone got one they are not using?

Are both your cards micro-SD cards (in an adaptor)? These kinds of cards may not work reliably with the Harmony. Also, see post #19 by batari for the formatting command to use under Windows. The limit for the Harmony is 32GB, not 32MB.

Chris

I have tried both a standard and a card with card adapter. I have tried the format in post # 19 still nothing I have tried my third card and still just spins

Edited by thebiggw

I'm just getting a spinning wheel myself. Using a transcend 4GB card. Reformatted to FAT32 using format z: /u /fs:fat32 .

Also tried a mini-SD card that I have with adapter... spinning wheel there as well.

Bummer.

Yep I guess it going to have to wait to another day for me.....frustrating.

Does the SD/MMC driver support "super floppy" format? Thats where there is no MBR, just a single partition with a BPB.

Yes, both formats are supported (with and without an MBR).

Chris

Without looking at the FAT code I don't know what else to suggest :(. When I last did a FAT driver on removable media like SD/MMC I tested it on about 30 different brands of card formatted in various makes of PDA, camera and windows.

Are you clocking at 400kHz to start the power up sequence of 80 clocks and then chip select active, CMD00, CMD01 etc then accessing the CSD to check the clock rate? How are you determining the time allowed for a read to complete?

i got close to 1 thousand games on mine,using a 1gb kingston card.the spinner spins for about 5 minutes,then shows the list of games,and the games i tried so far play perfectly.i seen in a post up above that it should only take seconds for the spinner to load,is there any way i can get the list of games to load faster on my harmony cart?

Edited by wccw mark

is there any way i can get the list of games to load faster on my harmony cart?

The more games you have in one directory, the longer it takes to load this directory. If you put all files into the root, the booting takes this extra time.

:idea: Organize your files into directories!

DOH! lol Really wish I wouldn't have upgraded to 10.5 now :-(

BTW: why does Harmony not alphabetise directory letters? It's not a terribly big deal, just kinda strange since it does the individual titles.

I've used 10.5.8 with the Harmony without any problems. I formatted the card with Disk Utility as MS-DOS (FAT), and it works just fine. (In fact, I just now re-tested this to be absolutely certain.)

To maintain alphabetical order on the cart, you need to select the files (or folders) on your Mac, then use Copy and Paste (under the Finder's Edit menu) to move the files to the SD card. Just dragging and dropping does not maintain the file order (this will be mentioned in the manual, by the way).

I've got a 2 GB PNY SD card and a cheap Targus reader from (and I hate to admit this...) Wal-Mart. :roll: Nothing fancy - just the cheapest I could find.

That said... the cart I have is running an older version of the menu software (and possibly the firmware) than what you have, so maybe that's causing some of your issues.

Edited by Nathan Strum

The more games you have in one directory, the longer it takes to load this directory. If you put all files into the root, the booting takes this extra time.

im gonna try that.thanks for the tip :)

To maintain alphabetical order on the cart, you need to select the files (or folders) on your Mac, then use Copy and Paste (under the Finder's Edit menu) to move the files to the SD card. Just dragging and dropping does not maintain the file order (this will be mentioned in the manual, by the way).

I've got a 2 GB PNY SD card and a cheap Targus reader from (and I hate to admit this...) Wal-Mart. :roll: Nothing fancy - just the cheapest I could find.

That said... the cart I have is running an older version of the menu software (and possibly the firmware) than what you have, so maybe that's causing some of your issues.

Thanks Nathan, I too have 10.5.8, but still - the format under FAT does not work on my 128mb Dane-Elec cheapo memory card.

Glad I have a digital camera to format with! And thanks for the tip on the copying and pasting. You just made me realise yet another

MacOS omission compared to AmigaOS... View, Window, Snapshot All :-) Using the Mac, I had to copy all the files as you suggested,

this created files with the word "copy" after them which I now have to go back and rename. Oh and then delete the original files... lol

If the Deneb USB worked without a hitch on my 060 equipped A2500, with this silly memory card and its reader, I'd be done fudging with this by now :-)

And after going through the MacOS rigamarole, the contents of my directory 'B' is still filed under ._.trashes. The actual directory

'B' does not show in the Harmony...

Cheers!

Edited by save2600

that worked!it loads a bit faster now.again,thanks for the tip.

Using the Mac, I had to copy all the files as you suggested,

this created files with the word "copy" after them which I now have to go back and rename. Oh and then delete the original files... lol

I'm confused... did you Copy and then Paste back into the same folder?

What I meant was, Copy from the Mac, then choose the SD card, and Paste there.

Incidentally, it would be helpful if people would list each card as they try it (succeed or fail). This would help determine if certain brands are more reliable or problematic than others.

All the cards I have tried have been Transcend. 4GB & 16 GB regular. 4GB mini with adapter.

Using the Mac, I had to copy all the files as you suggested,

I'm confused... did you Copy and then Paste back into the same folder?

What I meant was, Copy from the Mac, then choose the SD card, and Paste there.

Yeah, I had to do what I did because I had already weeded out dupes and PAL games on my SD card, created directories, etc.

Any idea why my 'B' directory shows ._.trashes instead?