IGNORED

Lynx HSC: first half of October 2009: Xenophobe

atari2600land

This time, it ends on Oct. 16th at 11:59pm Pacific. So remember to have fun. I have something special for Halloween, so you definitely don't want to miss the second half of October. And remember, if you don't have this game, you can always play on an emulator.

-how to play

start on level 1, after you lose a life, take the score (see post #9 for details.)

-current standings:

1. Eric DeLee - 30

2. ninjabba - 18

T3. Horst - 17

T3. me - 17

T5. roadrunner - 14

T5. darthkur - 14

T7. doctorclu - 9

T7. Damon Plus - 9

9. SwedenLynxer - 7

-high scores:

1. ninjabba 3,636,205

2. Eric DeLee 3,595,370

3. SwedenLynxer 2,970,205

4. darthkur 162,225

5. roadrunner 157,220

6. atari2600land 76,775

7. doctorclu 73,350

8. Horst 27,900

Edited by atari2600land

This is one of the few games I never really spended much time with. I try to find some free time to play it next week. :)

@ atari2600land: I don't understand your point system. Why are your list only contain 6 peope ? I thought everybody could join in. Where is the rest of the ppl and their points?

This is one of the few games I never really spended much time with. I try to find some free time to play it next week. icon_smile.gif

@ atari2600land: I don't understand your point system. Why are your list only contain 6 peope ? I thought everybody could join in. Where is the rest of the ppl and their points?

Everyone has been added.

Here ya go... after a few failures and trying to figure out how to handle some of these aliens...

I finally started to get the hang of it.

I assume we are basically just putting the high score you get off of one guy right? Also... I'm not sure if it matters or not... but since the score starts over again with the next guy... but at the same level you are at... if someone picks up from say level 9 and on... won't they get a higher bonus and stuff for those levels than the beginning levels? What's the perimeters for this high score contest?

Thanks

and here's my first submission:

I played as the chick...

post-3390-125470572588.png

I've got work to do! 27,900 :(

how do I take a screenshot on handy? I guess I could just take a pic of the screen.

I need a gamepad of some sorts to do this handy thing. Do gamepads work with handy or am I wasting my money?

Edited by Horst

how do I take a screenshot on handy? I guess I could just take a pic of the screen.

I need a gamepad of some sorts to do this handy thing. Do gamepads work with handy or am I wasting my money?

I'm not sure about gamepads on Handy.

All I know is that I play it through Handy on my PSP. It is easy to take screenshots with that. I'm not really sure about the computer version of Handy as I have not done a lot with it.

I'm using a cheap USB controller on Handy and it works really good, but i have to press the Key Q on the keyboard to pause a game.

To save a screenshot - select file then select BMP snapshot. see picture below.

post-22103-125477197044_thumb.jpg

I'm using a cheap USB controller on Handy and it works really good, but i have to press the Key Q on the keyboard to pause a game.

To save a screenshot - select file then select BMP snapshot. see picture below.

post-22103-125477197044_thumb.jpg

Awesome, thanks. I'll pick up a cheap Logitech gamepad on Wednesday.

Yep... I need to revist and try to get through the first few levels without being hit nearly at all. That would prolong my inevitable death I would think. LOL

Electro Gun is the Yellow one... right?

That seems to be the one I used the most.

I think the last level I beat got over 100,000 in bonus items that I picked up. So I can imagine the score could rack up quite a bit in the later levels.

I hate the fire levels. putting out fires, going back for your gun... putting out another fire... going back again. It sucks. LOL

:)

I beat it!

Final Score for me on this game: 3,595,370

Fun game. It isn't too hard if you take a nice and cautious approach.

post-3390-125520980389.png

post-3390-12552098233.png

I did have a lot of success slowly entering into a room (while firing the whole time) and then throwing a bomb so that it would wipe out a few Xenos when they are coming after you and spitting at you. As soon as I throw the bomb, I head back into the other room. A room of 10 or so Xenos will then have 6 or 7. Rinse and repeat until the room is completely empty. :)

I still do not like the freakin' fire levels. But... if you approach them correctly... you can gain health rather than lose health.

I didn't drop below 2000 on health until I hit the final 3 levels I believe. I kind of lucked out on the last level and the boss. At first I could not figure out what the heck I should do. I almost lost all of my health farting around trying to figure that part out! Thank God I figured it out. I don't think I would of had the strength to go through it again.

Overall... Had I bought this back when it first came out, I would have really got my money's worth out of it. :)

• Like 1

:)

I beat it!

Final Score for me on this game: 3,595,370

Fun game. It isn't too hard if you take a nice and cautious approach.

post-3390-125520980389.png

post-3390-12552098233.png

I did have a lot of success slowly entering into a room (while firing the whole time) and then throwing a bomb so that it would wipe out a few Xenos when they are coming after you and spitting at you. As soon as I throw the bomb, I head back into the other room. A room of 10 or so Xenos will then have 6 or 7. Rinse and repeat until the room is completely empty. :)

I still do not like the freakin' fire levels. But... if you approach them correctly... you can gain health rather than lose health.

I didn't drop below 2000 on health until I hit the final 3 levels I believe. I kind of lucked out on the last level and the boss. At first I could not figure out what the heck I should do. I almost lost all of my health farting around trying to figure that part out! Thank God I figured it out. I don't think I would of had the strength to go through it again.

Overall... Had I bought this back when it first came out, I would have really got my money's worth out of it. :)

Nice job Mr. DeLee. I've not had a day off for two weeks, and will not have one this week. It truly sucks when your job interferes with your Lynx/handy playing. Time for a new job I think :|

• Like 1