IGNORED

Digger (?)....anyone play this in the 80's?

cimerians

I don't remember this game at all, but then the only computer I had in the 80's was my Atari 800. But I LOVE Mr. Do and this might be a must buy for me. Hope they have a demo.

Sigh..... my wallet is really, really getting bare and the games I'm interested in just keep coming and coming and coming.

Mendon

I know what you mean cause I still want Pixel Jumk monsters on my PSP.

The only computer I had in the 80's was a C64. According to a wiki entry Digger was a PC game released in 1983.

Who the hell could afford a PC in 1983?!?!

To me a Mr. Do remake would have been better. Even Mr. Do's Wild Ride or Castle would have been better.

I dont know, maybe Digger will be fun.

Edited by cimerians

The wife-unit is a big fan of classic games and loved Mr. Do (along with Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, etc). When I told her that a clone of Mr. Do was on PSN, she logged right on and downloaded it. I watched her play some last night and it looked like a really fun game, especially with very good controls.

BUT.... she is angry because she looked on every screen within the game and there are **NO** game instructions to be found. The main screen has GAME START, SCOREBOARD, & OPTIONS..... no HELP page anywhere. She wants to know things like

How are the online scores tallied (best score per level or overall or what) and why does it list DAILY SCORE.. is it important?

What recharges your gun: over-time or doing a certain action (Mr. Do was to re-catch your bouncing ball)

Is it better to end a level by killing all the monsters or eating all the gems or a combo of both (when you clear a screen it shows how many gems you collected and how many monsters you killed

And other questions.

If anyone else downloads the game, please post if you find an instruction page anywhere within the game. Not having her questions answered about the game is driving her as crazy as her PMS did!!

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

The wife-unit is a big fan of classic games and loved Mr. Do (along with Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, etc). When I told her that a clone of Mr. Do was on PSN, she logged right on and downloaded it. I watched her play some last night and it looked like a really fun game, especially with very good controls.

BUT.... she is angry because she looked on every screen within the game and there are **NO** game instructions to be found. The main screen has GAME START, SCOREBOARD, & OPTIONS..... no HELP page anywhere. She wants to know things like

How are the online scores tallied (best score per level or overall or what) and why does it list DAILY SCORE.. is it important?

What recharges your gun: over-time or doing a certain action (Mr. Do was to re-catch your bouncing ball)

Is it better to end a level by killing all the monsters or eating all the gems or a combo of both (when you clear a screen it shows how many gems you collected and how many monsters you killed

And other questions.

If anyone else downloads the game, please post if you find an instruction page anywhere within the game. Not having her questions answered about the game is driving her as crazy as her PMS did!!

Mendon

Here is the manual:

http://www.digger.org/instruct.html

This is definitely a Mr. Do clone but I'm not sure I like the fact that you cant push the MoneyBags into the monsters and then pushing them off the "ledge" like pushing an apple in Mr. Do.

Its fun. There are no instructions like Mendon said so hopefully that link above will help.

Looks like killing the monsters nabs you lots of points.

Wow, that IS a serious makeover! I remember this game... it's pretty good. I seem to recall that the theme music ("Popcorn," often used in state lotteries during the 1980s) was surprisingly good considering how crummy the PC's internal speaker was. I also think it's pretty amusing that there's an enemy in Super Mario Sunshine that looks pretty much just like the vehicle from Digger.

Here is the manual:

http://www.digger.org/instruct.html

This is definitely a Mr. Do clone but I'm not sure I like the fact that you cant push the MoneyBags into the monsters and then pushing them off the "ledge" like pushing an apple in Mr. Do.

Its fun. There are no instructions like Mendon said so hopefully that link above will help.

Looks like killing the monsters nabs you lots of points.

Thanks for posting the link to the instructions; much appreciated!!

And I did find instructions.... not very helpful but instructions nonetheless.... within the game: start an Arcade game, hit START, then SQUARE. Guess I hadn't looked there since I'm too used to having HELP files on the main page instead of buried within the game. Oh well.

Mendon

And I did find instructions.... not very helpful but instructions nonetheless.... within the game: start an Arcade game, hit START, then SQUARE. Guess I hadn't looked there since I'm too used to having HELP files on the main page instead of buried within the game. Oh well.

Mendon

I coudn't find the instructions in the game either so its not just you, :P

but next time I fire it up I'll try what you said.

Wow, that IS a serious makeover! I remember this game... it's pretty good. I seem to recall that the theme music ("Popcorn," often used in state lotteries during the 1980s) was surprisingly good considering how crummy the PC's internal speaker was. I also think it's pretty amusing that there's an enemy in Super Mario Sunshine that looks pretty much just like the vehicle from Digger.

I could have sworn I saw that digger somewhere before, was it Mario Sunshine? Hmmm...