IGNORED

5200 Emulation Via VSS

jetset

Ok, so I've come to realize the only emulator that comes close to doing a decent job emulating the 5200 is VSS. The only problem is the sound. When the prog loads, the only one of the 7 sound options that does not give me an error message is the Sound Blaster (#1). BUT, that one the actual game sounds are barely there, and there is this horrendous backround noise I cant seem to get rid of! Anyone know how I can fix? (besides actually using my 5200, which my wife won't let me do. :sad: )

Like I keep saying, the best 5200 emu I've seen so far is the one for the Dreamcast. If it plays the game (about 85-90% of them work) it pretty much plays it spot on. Of course you'll need a Dreamcast and be able to burn a cd w/ the images on it which is a process in itself... But yeah, the emulation is pretty solid.

Funny you should mention that! As soon as I can get someone to burn the disc(s) for me (that knows what the hell they are doing, which I don't) I am going to buy a Dreamcast just for that. The used game stores around here have tons of them for 25-30 bucks. Can't go wrong there. I'm just worried it won't work right. (much like my luck with the emulation)

Hey Dan!  Any idea when the next version of VSS is going to be out?  I'm having trouble running Xari Arena (the paddles are invisible and uncontrollable!) and A.E. (Plays in B&W instead of color).

Tempest

I am not currently working on a new version, but after hearing some of the concerns here about the proto-games, I might go back to work on it.

Dan