IGNORED

When did THIS happen?

Can we argue about the VIC-20 here instead of the Commodore 64? We don't see many arguments about the VIC-20 at AtariAge, so this looks like a great place to do it. William Shatner says the VIC-20 is the best and he has a life, so it must be true:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUEI7mm8M7Q

Now that I think about it, I had a VIC-20 and I'm still a dummy, so maybe these commercials were misleading:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wKM8o6xINw&rel=0&fmt=18&fs=1&iv_load_policy=3&start=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0_mF4J23R0&rel=0&fmt=18&fs=1&iv_load_policy=3&start=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUKUHjBhb2Q&rel=0&fmt=18&fs=1&iv_load_policy=3&start=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxyFJYUb0gk&rel=0&fmt=18&fs=1&iv_load_policy=3&start=2

I got my VIC-20, extra RAM, and some games for free, so I guess I can't complain. But I can shake my fists at the gods for giving me such a crappy brain. I shake at thee! I shake at thee! Damn! I shook too hard. Sloshed my brain against my skull then instantly crapped my pants. Bastards!

I didn't even realize this was here until just now! Was this in response to that other classic video game forum, or did they adopt the idea after AA did?

(Neat-o keen-o idea, in any event)

Given there are threads in here going back to the start of may, and that I didn't notice it was here until I clicked on this thread (I thought I went into Classic Gaming :D) I'm going to hope I'm not THAT unobservant and that this forum was tucked away in one of the others until yesterday or today. :ponder:

OS9?? I'm going to be talking about my OS 7.5 machine with a TV tuner in it. I guess it's about classic, and not vintage, so any kind of 10-year rule wouldn't apply (we have that rule over at vintage-computer, and it gets questioned every single time something turns 10). So yak away, works for me. I might learn something.

OS9?? I'm going to be talking about my OS 7.5 machine with a TV tuner in it. I guess it's about classic, and not vintage, so any kind of 10-year rule wouldn't apply (we have that rule over at vintage-computer, and it gets questioned every single time something turns 10). So yak away, works for me. I might learn something.

I'll definitely be going earlier than OS 9, I just wanted to make sure 9 was the latest that can be considered "classic". The funny thing is, I didn't get into OS 9 until a year or two ago. My first Mac ran System 7.5 (which I later upgraded to 8.6) and my oldest Mac runs System 6.0.8 so I'll probably cover the whole range. :)

I still have a

Vic-20

Commadore 64

Macintosh LC II

Atari 800

Amiga (Not sure where that is right now)

and

Timex Sinclair 100 (Not sure where that is either)

This new forum will hopefully inspire me to plug em up and give them a go again.

So in this section we'll be able to discuss about any classic computer... except the Coleco ADAM. :P

LOL...I know there is never any love for the Adam. I never had one but in a way I hope I can get one just to say I have one. :)

What I meant was that there is now a dedicated section for ColecoVision and ADAM on the AtariAge forums. ;)

Sweet! Now I can yak about Mac!

Is Mac OS 9 classic enough? :ponder:

Sorry this forum requires System 7.1 (with Enabler 065) or earlier. ;)

:lol: A Type 11 error has occurred. Please restart this forum.

Neat!

I still have

Atari 400 (some kb and ram expansion)

Atari 800 (with Axlon128mb expansion)

Atari 1200xl

Atari 1400xl MB somewhere in the closet..

Atari 600xl with 64k

Atari800xl

AtariXEGS

Atari 65Xe

Atari 130XE waiting for VBXE

Atari Mega 4 ST 3 of them

CD32-(POS thing!)

Edited by atarian63

i just have an old non-functioning mac plus that i'll turn into an aquarium someday :)

ooh and i've got two apple // disks i got from Ax ... as a reminder of how i started using the apple //e in 1982 or 83 ... good old school memories ... spent half an hour typing in code for a game and had only 20 minutes to play the game before i had to leave the library and the game would be lost again ... floppy disks were still too expensive for me back then ... :P

IMSAI 8080 anybody?

I don't have one of those, but off the top of my head I have these machines (and more I'm sure I am forgetting about). Some I have multiple copies of:

- Atari 400

- Atari 800

- Atari 600XL

- Atari 800XL

- Atari 1200XL

- Atari 130XE

- Atari XEGS

- Atari 520ST

- Atari 1040ST

- Atari Mega ST

- TI 99/4a

- Vic-20

- Commodore 64

- Commodore 128

- Commodore Plus/4

- Apple IIe

- Amiga 500

Oddly I do not have an Adam, not any more. Also don't have any Tandy computers. May have Timex Sinclair somewhere. :) And I think I have a Portfolio.

..Al

IMSAI 8080 anybody?

I don't have one of those, but off the top of my head I have these machines (and more I'm sure I am forgetting about). Some I have multiple copies of:

- Atari 400

- Atari 800

- Atari 600XL

- Atari 800XL

- Atari 1200XL

- Atari 130XE

- Atari XEGS

- Atari 520ST

- Atari 1040ST

- Atari Mega ST

- TI 99/4a

- Vic-20

- Commodore 64

- Commodore 128

- Commodore Plus/4

- Apple IIe

- Amiga 500

Oddly I do not have an Adam, not any more. Also don't have any Tandy computers. May have Timex Sinclair somewhere. :) And I think I have a Portfolio.

..Al

sounds like Albert bought the computer shop then

Mine

Own at moment

several atari xe's

one o/s and ram upp'ed 800xl

a dodgy a800 with no rom/mem casing

have owned

Atari 520 stfm (s/d and d/d versions)

Atari 520ste (o/s switchable and 4 meg mem)

commie amiga 600 and 1200 (1200 came with an fpu plus 040 and more memory)

commie 64 (3 times), used very briefly

sinclair spectrum 48,plus, 128 and plus 2

amstrad cpc464 with monitor

Some 3rd party version of an apple II (think it had a golden bear label) blew it up within 20 minutes of getting it home

BBC computer (can't remember what version)...loaned from computer repairers that were fixing my speccy

msx computer (can't remember manuf'r or version)

Sweet! Now I can yak about Mac!

Is Mac OS 9 classic enough? :ponder:

Sorry this forum requires System 7.1 (with Enabler 065) or earlier. ;)

:lol: A Type 11 error has occurred. Please restart this forum.

LOL... how about this one? (Make sure your audio is on!)

Ha! Suck on that, Josh Long!

Umm... did you mean Justin Long?

Before Mac OS X, Mac's were pretty well known for crashing, because of cooperative multi-tasking and the lack of protected memory.

It's been said before...

M ost

A pplications

C rash

I f

N ot

T he

O perating

S ystem

H angs

And despite this, I still preferred it to dealing with Windows... :ponder:

for those of you apple fans, I occasionally see some apples both old mac and 8 bit come in through the asset management here.

I'll set them aside and you all can have them as they come in.

Let me know if you come across anything interesting... I'll probably have to be a bit discriminating with what I take because I have so many computers, but there are a few gaps in my collection I would love to fill! :)