IGNORED

Anyone have a FB2 power supply pic?

I can't find my power supply for my FB2, but one I found might be the one. However, I want to make absolutely sure as not to risk frying my FB2. So, anyone have a picture of the proper power supply?

I've too many power supplies! Thankfully, I found a few power supplies that work great for USB hubs.

I don't have a picture handy, but the FB2 power supplies I've seen have the Atari logo on them. From memory, they're fairly small: about 1.25" wide 1.25" deep and 2" high (viewed as plugged into a wall).

Can get a pic later this afternoon if you still need it by then.

Edited by BigO

• 1 month later...

Thanks. Good thing I asked, since I was about to plug in the wrong one.

How do you mean, the wrong one? To make sure, you need the correct fitting tip, 9vdc (and I think it can regulate it down from about 12vdc) and at least 200mA, tip POSITIVE.

Was the one you were about to use tip negative? That would have messed things up, or going over 12vdc. Does it work?

Thanks. Good thing I asked, since I was about to plug in the wrong one.

How do you mean, the wrong one? To make sure, you need the correct fitting tip, 9vdc (and I think it can regulate it down from about 12vdc) and at least 200mA, tip POSITIVE.

Was the one you were about to use tip negative? That would have messed things up, or going over 12vdc. Does it work?

I meant I had a power supply that looked quite a bit like the FB2 supply, but it wasn't. It had a different output voltage, etc.

The power supply I bought from Unique Thrift was for some telephony device. It works perfectly with the Flashback 2.

• 1 month later...

I've too many power supplies!

Here's what I have done with my power supplies since I collect about every console out there: I use a gold fine point paint marker to write which system(s) each power adapter goes to on each adapter (usually a side location due to labels and plugs). This way I don't end up making any costly mistakes.

Some, like Jaguar and Genesis model 1 fit multiple systems, so I mark them accordingly.

• 2 years later...

I need a PS for a FB 2 as well. Apologies for the dumb question, but how can you tell if a PS is tip positive or tip negative?

UPDATE: Never mind. Just discovered that the icon on the lower right of the label of the image above shows tip positive.

Edited by boxpressed