IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 13: Missile Command

Using three atomic missile launching bases you defend your cities against incoming missiles. Enemy missiles may seperate into several missiles so shoot them down early because you only have a limited number of missiles.

post-9712-125496439906_thumb.jpg post-9712-125496441738_thumb.png post-9712-125496440703_thumb.png

Game Information:

Game Name: Missile Command (Set 1)

Released By: Atari, 1980

Game Mode: Factory Default settings

MAME ROMset: Missile

ROM Location: http://www.rom-world.com/file.php?id=22797

Chosen By: SpiceWare, LarcenTyler, aftermac

Post your scores in this thread and I will update the leaderboard throughout the week. The deadline for posting scores will be Tuesday, October 13th, 2009 @ 12:00 Noon (EST)

BEST TIPS

CURRENT HIGH SCORES

1. 35,350 (darthkur) [+11]

2. 19,450 (aftermac) [+10]

3. 8,805 (roadrunner) [+9]

4. 7,920 (Mister VCS) [+8]

CURRENT POINT TOTALS

1. Darthkur (121)

2. roadrunner (90)

3. aftermac (88)

4. LarcenTyler (67)

5. SpiceWare (44)

6. Fallout_002 (38)

7. Kurt_Woloch (36)

8. MaximRecoil (21)

9. Shannon (20)

10. Dr. Galaga (16)

11. Mister VCS (15)

12. Shannon (13)

13. 4Ks (11)

Edited by Deteacher

Hey, 'Teach... did the game submissions from last season get tossed at the beginning of season 2? I was just curious, because I submitted this game last season and noticed my name missing from the "Chosen By" section. I only ask because I submitted a couple other trackball games at the same time and would like to resubmit them if they were purged. Thanks!

Hey, 'Teach... did the game submissions from last season get tossed at the beginning of season 2? I was just curious, because I submitted this game last season and noticed my name missing from the "Chosen By" section. I only ask because I submitted a couple other trackball games at the same time and would like to resubmit them if they were purged. Thanks!

Nope, they didn't get tossed...I just overlooked it. Thanks for the catch. :)

Nope, they didn't get tossed...I just overlooked it. Thanks for the catch. :)

Great, thanks! :)

I just figured out i have to use a mouse instead of a joystick to play trackball games.

I tryed like heck to get the joystick to work with missile command but no dice.

I tryed remapping the joystick inputs x axis and y axis, i was all messed up.

I had a high score of 425 using a joystick.

I hope we don't play any light gun games, i still haven't figured out how to play those yet.

I just figured out i have to use a mouse instead of a joystick to play trackball games.

I tryed like heck to get the joystick to work with missile command but no dice.

I tryed remapping the joystick inputs x axis and y axis, i was all messed up.

I had a high score of 425 using a joystick.

I hope we don't play any light gun games, i still haven't figured out how to play those yet.

Yeah, you have to use the mouse... just unplayable otherwise. An even better option is to get a smooth rolling USB trackball. I have two I use... the X-Arcade trackball in my MAME cabinet, and the other is a 22-year old ADB Curtis MVP mouse for Macintosh, that I adapt to USB. Very nice large smooth rolling trackball.

• Like 1

I figured out how to play light gun games, use a mouse. duh!

I played some Crossbow and Terminator 2 Judgment Day.

I would have no problamo if we play some light gun games in future rounds of the MAME High Score Club. :cool: