IGNORED

The Official "Space Invaders Collection" Thread

opcode

Space Invaders Collection was my first CV game that I started some 10 years ago. Man, it seems like a lifetime ago now. Anyway, the project started and stopped many times while I was finishing college and finally got released in 2003, after I had met my wife and she kind of inspired me to finish the game. It became a "collection" because I thought Space Invaders wasn't the kind of game that would have generated a lot of interest back in 1982 so I thought that including both Space Invaders and Space Invaders Deluxe in the same cartridge would have been a good marketing decision back then.

Anyway, the game is now sold out, but I plan to re-release it soon, probably with some modifications to take advantage of the super module, especially in the sound area. In case you weren't able to get a copy of the original game, you can now play the attached ROM image using any good CV emulator, like BlueMSX.

SI.zip

• Like 3

I guess I'll need instruction cuz I couldn't get it to work in that Blue MSX either

You first select "ColecoVision" from "options->emulation", then drag and drop the zip file inside BlueMSX.

ColecoVision is not an option on the Emulation page. Under MSX machine drop down it has MSX2 and Sega options only.

I guess I'll need instruction cuz I couldn't get it to work in that Blue MSX either

You first select "ColecoVision" from "options->emulation", then drag and drop the zip file inside BlueMSX.

ColecoVision is not an option on the Emulation page. Under MSX machine drop down it has MSX2 and Sega options only.

Have you tried to scroll up?

Have you tried to scroll up?

Here's what I have

post-22552-125555094082_thumb.jpg

Open the list. Scroll to the top...

What version are you running? I only have like 4 options from the drop down.

Probably you downloaded the "minimum" version. You should download the full version that comes with all the BIOSes.

• 3 weeks later...

Two fun tricks to do with Space Invaders Collection:

1) Each copy of SIC has a unique number. To find out what is your copy's number press "0" on the 2nd keypad while in the main title screen.

2) In the original SI there is a hidden message from Taito. During demo gameplay, press UP+SHOT+2 followed by LEFT+SHOT+1. That works in the arcade version too.

More to come...

Two fun tricks to do with Space Invaders Collection:

1) Each copy of SIC has a unique number. To find out what is your copy's number press "0" on the 2nd keypad while in the main title screen.

2) In the original SI there is a hidden message from Taito. During demo gameplay, press UP+SHOT+2 followed by LEFT+SHOT+1. That works in the arcade version too.

More to come...

Cool stuff. :) Didn't realize Easter Eggs went back so far!

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know where I could buy a copy of this complete in box?

I'd love to have a copy but I didn't get into the hobby until after they were sold. Any info at all would be great.

Space Invaders Collection and Sky Jaguar are the two Opcode Games' releases that are completely sold out. I got the last Sky Jaguar directly from Opcode a couple months ago and at that time inquired about Space Invaders Collection.

Eduardo stated that he may make up another batch of them down the road... but no promises. Looks like we'll all be keeping our eyes on eBay auctions!

Edited by NIAD

Does anyone know where I could buy a copy of this complete in box?

I'd love to have a copy but I didn't get into the hobby until after they were sold. Any info at all would be great.

Space Invaders Collection and Sky Jaguar are the two Opcode Games' releases that are completely sold out. I got the last Sky Jaguar directly from Opcode a couple months ago and at that time inquired about Space Invaders Collection.

Eduardo stated that he may make up another batch of them down the road... but no promises. Looks like we'll all be keeping our eyes on eBay auctions!

yeah I knew they were sold out but was wondering if anyone was selling, ebay it is I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

I also would love a copy of Sky Jaguar and SI

Actually I found a few extra Sky Jaguar kits last year when I went to Brazil. So I can now offer a few copies for those interested. I still need to check how many SJ kits I have though, but it shouldn't be more than 10, so if someone is interested send me a PVT message. First come first served basis.

I also would love a copy of Sky Jaguar and SI

Actually I found a few extra Sky Jaguar kits last year when I went to Brazil. So I can now offer a few copies for those interested. I still need to check how many SJ kits I have though, but it shouldn't be more than 10, so if someone is interested send me a PVT message. First come first served basis.

Dang! Thought that the "SJ Kits" was "SI Kits", then the damn bug moved on my screen... still waiting and hoping.

• 1 year later...