IGNORED

The Official "Super Expansion Module" Thread

opcode

I kept testing the SGM, and found a small problem with ADAM's computer reset and the SGM PSG. The expansion port has a few different reset pins and it wasn't clear to me the differences between them. So the one I was using worked consistently with the CV, but wasn't working with the ADAM computer reset (though it was ok with the cartridge reset). So I spent a couple of days figuring out the reset pins and fixed my rev C board by hand and everything is now working just fine. I have also run several other tests, 24 hours stress test, etc. Anyways, I am now placing order for a few rev D boards to start beta testing. Even though the small problem I found there shouldn't be any delays with our planned beta in a couple of weeks.

Pixelboy just announced a game today that you can play on both your ADAM or CV+SGM.

I somehow missed that...what game is this?

Yes, you missed something...the SGM is now both ADAM and ColecoVision compatible...

Just to be sure. :)

Will all new upcoming Super Games could be plugged directly in a ADAM Memory console without a SGM.

Or will ADAM users still have to requere an SGM to play the Super Games. ?

Unless he changed something that I missed, read Post 686.

Yes, and I apologize for all the confusion. Indeed the latest version of the SGM is fully ADAM compatible.

Now, answering ten-four's question about if you can use "Super Games" with the ADAM without the SGM, the answer is no.

Super Game isn't a generic name for every game that requires the SGM, but it is designation for SGM games that use my new cartridge PCB with advanced bank switching and save game.

So technically speaking every Super Game requires the SGM no matter what, and the reason will become clearer soon.

Now if you want to know if any game that uses the SGM indeed requires it when running on an ADAM, the answer is it depends.

Pixelboy just announced a game today that you can play on both your ADAM or CV+SGM. Requiring the SGM when running on an ADAM depends on if the game uses the SGM extra sound generator or not. If only extra RAM is required, then the game should be able to run on an regular ADAM just fine.

Some good news about the SGM. I just got the beta boards, so beta is definitively going to start next week.

In addition to that Dale has resumed work on the packaging, so hopefully we will have everything done by the end of August, and ready to start taking orders by early September.

• Like 5

Please put me on the list to purchase the Super Expansion Module and any new games that are releases. Thanks, my emauil is

careerbellman@gmail.com

Please, go to my website and subscribe to the pre-order list from there: www.opcodegames.com

Thanks!

• Like 2

Is Rollerball a port from another system or an original game? I'm trying to figure out what it's about...don't see it in MAME and am unsure about other systems.

From Opcode, The Goonies, Donkey Kong Arcade

From Team Pixelboy, Thexder, King's Valley, Dragon's Lair

From CollectorVision, Rollerball

• Like 1

Hi jblenkle. :)

RollerBall is an '84 HAL game for Sega SG-1000.

The game will maybe change its name to Super Pinball Action for use with CollectorVision's Arcade Controller.

RollerBall might be sold in a normal CIB version later. :)

Hi jblenkle. :)

RollerBall is an '84 HAL game for Sega SG-1000.

The game will maybe change its name to Super Pinball Action for use with CollectorVision's Arcade Controller.

RollerBall might be sold in a normal CIB version later. :)

Actually, RollerBall is an MSX game, Ole... :ponder:

EDIT: Also, the game will definately be sold CIB at one point, because CollectorVision will release a special controller for it, in addition to the already-released Arcade Controller.

Edited by Pixelboy

Ok, it has been a while, so here is a quick update. Beta is going fine, a couple of weeks already, so far no problems. We are done with the SGM manual, Dale is now working on the box. So we are almost all set to start taking orders.

• Like 5