IGNORED

The Official "Super Expansion Module" Thread

opcode

Hehe-- I didn't 'suggest' Apex, I just said it had a ring to it. :)

And ya know, EVE should be right up there at the top of the list so far! Keep in mind there was an Eve Electronics who made Adam peripherals back in the late 80's. I don't think that's an issue here, though. And you could market it to the female sect too-- something along the lines of "EVE: Picking up after Adam" or "EVE: Doing what Adam was supposed to". lol :)

I'm not sure a logo for an accessory is critical, but EVE should be easy... :)

post-10625-126884994308_thumb.jpg

I would like to avoid names that just sound good as acronyms, because that isn't the form as they would appear in the final product.

I was thinking of "System" because that gives the idea of a set. "Modular" gives the idea of module and it can be expanded. "Plug-in" because it must plugged, it isn't standalone.

Ok, lets start discarding some names. NG is very nice, but seems more appropriated for the standalone unit, like ColecoVision NG (avoiding the obvious “2”).

EVE is another nice name, but for me it is just too tied to the computer side of the CV, and I would prefer to use that with some computer related stuff (for example a computer module for either this new module or the standalone, and I would throw a few ideas about that here but I don't want to derail this very productive discussion). :)

I'll probably get flamed for this suggestion but....how about ColecoVision XP Module (an obvious copy of Microsoft's Windows moniker for eXPerience). So my list of suggestions:

ColecoVision XP Module

ColecoVision EX Module (another EXperience moniker - kind of goes along with the ColecoVision Experience magazine)

ColecoVision XM Module (XM for eXtra Memory)

ColecoVision AEX Module (Arcade EXperience)

Hmmmm - seems I like the idea of 'X' being in the name :D

I believe we have started to gravitate around the word "arcade", which is fine. In fact I really like the Arcade Experience one very much.

That would lead to "Modular Arcade Experience System" or just "Arcade Experience System", with the ColecoVision AEX Module, Arcade Experience Games, and Arcade Experience controllers and accessories. In fact that just fit well with my Donkey Kong Arcade game.

I also like "Arcade Experience......". This is very much in line with Coleco's original marketing philosophy. Certainly better than "Super.....".

I'll probably get flamed for this suggestion but....how about ColecoVision XP Module (an obvious copy of Microsoft's Windows moniker for eXPerience). So my list of suggestions:

ColecoVision XP Module

ColecoVision EX Module (another EXperience moniker - kind of goes along with the ColecoVision Experience magazine)

I believe we have started to gravitate around the word "arcade", which is fine. In fact I really like the Arcade Experience one very much.

That would lead to "Modular Arcade Experience System" or just "Arcade Experience System", with the ColecoVision AEX Module, Arcade Experience Games, and Arcade Experience controllers and accessories. In fact that just fit well with my Donkey Kong Arcade game.

I also like "Arcade Experience......". This is very much in line with Coleco's original marketing philosophy. Certainly better than "Super.....".

Good, now that I have eliminated the other popular names, we are starting to reach a forced consensus... :) No, wait, you suggested that name, it isn't fair! :P

Anyway, "Arcade Experience" sounds good to me, but again, I am not a native English speaker so I have no idea if it sounds right or silly for the rest of you guys.

I also thought of "Real Arcade" (though it seems to be already in use). Like "ColecoVision Real Arcade Module" (RAM), with "Real Arcade series" games, “Real Arcade” controllers, accessories, etc, all becoming the "ColecoVision Modular Real Arcade System" or "ColecoVision Real Arcade Modular System"...

Edited by opcode

ColecoVision XP Module

Good, now that I have eliminated the other popular names, we are starting to reach a forced consensus... :) No, wait, you suggested that name, it isn't fair! :P

Anyway, "Arcade Experience" sounds good to me, but again, I am not a native English speaker so I have no idea if it sounds right or silly for the rest of you guys.

I also thought of "Real Arcade" (though it seems to be already in use). Like "ColecoVision Real Arcade Module" (RAM), with "Real Arcade series" games, “Real Arcade” controllers, accessories, etc, all becoming the "ColecoVision Modular Real Arcade System" or "ColecoVision Real Arcade Modular System"...

Another vote for "Arcade Experience" as it sounds right, and also match the arcade quality games.

Experience the arcade at home with the Coleco Arcade Experience, from Opcode Games!

:)

I like Coleco Arcade Experience Module or Arcade Experience Module Could be referred to as A.E.M. I think the .'s make it look cool. Then the standalone your working on could be called the Arcade Experience Console. A.E.C. or with you want to use Coleco in the name have it precede either/both

I like Coleco Arcade Experience Module or Arcade Experience Module Could be referred to as A.E.M. I think the .'s make it look cool. Then the standalone your working on could be called the Arcade Experience Console. A.E.C. or with you want to use Coleco in the name have it precede either/both

Arcade Experience is too long... I would shorten it to Arcade X Module or Module Arcade X

Arcade Experience is too long... I would shorten it to Arcade X Module or Module Arcade X

I think that this is too similar to X-Arcade (http://www.xgaming.com/)

I like "Arcade Experience", but I would keep it for the CV2 (ColecoVision AE). The reason I say this is because the CV2 will have new graphic capabilities (via the V9958 + V9990) that the memory module does not offer. So in my opinion, the CV2 is the one that will offer an "arcade experience".

Just my two cents.

I like "Arcade Experience", but I would keep it for the CV2 (ColecoVision AE). The reason I say this is because the CV2 will have new graphic capabilities (via the V9958 + V9990) that the memory module does not offer. So in my opinion, the CV2 is the one that will offer an "arcade experience".

Just my two cents.

If DKA is going to be for use with the memory module, how is that not an "Arcade Experience" ?

Granted the standalone might make for even more complex games, but Donkey Kong is one of the all time greats.

One tiny side note: please consider Berzerk and Galaga for the CV2 :lust:

Pro-Arcade Module (PAM)

RealArcade Module (RAM)

Personal Arcade Module (PAM)

Pesonal Arcade Module would be my choice of these 3, although I do also like the Arcade Experience Module. Whatever name you choose to go with, I just can't wait to see it.icon_mrgreen.gif ....and buy it.

EVE is another nice name

EVE reminds me of douche

This made me laugh out loud at work so much that a woman who works near me came over to see what I was laughing about...wasn't sure what to say to her, so I just kind of mumbled something and pretended that I had to make a phone call.icon_mrgreen.gif

Personal Arcade Module would be my choice of these 3, although I do also like the Arcade Experience Module. Whatever name you choose to go with, I just can't wait to see it.icon_mrgreen.gif ....and buy it.

Um... What about Telegames Personal Arcade...? :ponder:;)

EDIT: Never mind. Posted too late to be relevant. :P

Edited by Pixelboy