IGNORED

The Official "Super Expansion Module" Thread

opcode

Now the new prototype board for the Super Arcade Whatever Plus Module is on its way, here is a picture I got from the manufacturer... I was trying to save, so no silkscreen... The board is actually pretty small, 9.5x9.25cm or about 3.75"x3.75".

post-1432-126892298158_thumb.jpg

Now the new prototype board for the Super Arcade Whatever Plus Module is on its way, here is a picture I got from the manufacturer... I was trying to save, so no silkscreen... The board is actually pretty small, 9.5x9.25cm or about 3.75"x3.75".

Nice! be about like an oversize cartridge once you get it in a housing. Amazing work.

Few names :

Super Satellite module

MSX Bridge Module

Next Gen Module

X-Module (X for eXtension , and you could pre or postfix your game name by X ... )

XTrem-Module (here too, you could pre or post fix your game names by XTrem , like XTrem Donkey Kong )

Hyper Extension Module

Hyper Game Module

Ulta Game Module

Enhancer Module

Super Power module

Xtra Power module

Power Module

Add'on Power

EPO Module (EPO, i'm not sure of the name in U.S , it is something that some sport guy take mainly in cyclism to cheat and have more power). That's exactly the feeling that give me that module in fact. Programmers cheat by putting more power in their console. ;)

Steroid Module

Hyper power

And speaking of the board, check what I just got in the mail... :)

[EDIT]: I still need to assemble it though.

[EDIT2]: Last picture to the right shows the first prototype of the module next the new one. That version had an extra flash memory for the BIOS which isn't present in the newer version. On the other hand it lacked the proper DB25 connector.

post-1432-126893361872_thumb.jpg

post-1432-12689336348_thumb.jpg

post-1432-126893365342_thumb.jpg

Edited by opcode

Hi Eduardo icon_smile.gif

The module has been really nice, it's amazing to see how it all becomes.

I am also pleased to see how the little box will appear.

I have a few suggestions for a possible name:

CMM - ColecoVision Memory Module.

ColecoVision Memory Expander.

Guys, the module is working. I spent most of the night trying to figure out why the module wasn't working with any of my module games when I finally realized that the problem was that I had changed all games to work with the old module, the one with the new BIOS (remember that?). Well, that new BIOS had a special opening for all the new games that required a different cartridge header, incompatible with the old BIOS. So I was getting that "TURN GAME OFF BEFORE..." message and couldn't figure out why.

Anyway, headers corrected the module works like a charm.

Check the picture and wait for the videos soon. And the module will be available for play testing during next week MGC.

post-1432-126914372951_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The deal with Coleco Holdings has been signed. The module is going to Midwest Gaming Classic as an officially licensed ColecoVision product, the first in 25+ years. Coleco Holdings LLC won't be manufacturing or distributing the product directly but has granted Opcode Games the rights to use the Coleco trademark and sell the module under the ColecoVision brand.

The product has also got a final name, ColecoVision Super Game Module. The name was jointly selected between Coleco and Opcode mainly due to the similarities between the never released Coleco device from the 80s and the new module, and also as a way to pay homage to the Coleco legacy.

During the show Coleco fans are invited to visit the Opcode booth and leave a message on video to the new Coleco. Participants will enter the chance to win a free Opcode game.

• Like 1

The deal with Coleco Holdings has been signed. The module is going to Midwest Gaming Classic as an officially licensed ColecoVision product, the first in 25+ years. Coleco Holdings LLC won't be manufacturing or distributing the product directly but has granted Opcode Games the rights to use the Coleco trademark and sell the module under the ColecoVision brand.

The product has also got a final name, ColecoVision Super Game Module. The name was jointly selected between Coleco and Opcode mainly due to the similarities between the never released Coleco device from the 80s and the new module, and also as a way to pay homage to the Coleco legacy.

During the show Coleco fans are invited to visit the Opcode booth and leave a message on video to the new Coleco. Participants will enter the chance to win a free Opcode game.

Great news - congratulations. Although I am disappointed with the omission of 'X' in the system name :D Actually, Super Game Module sounds great and does indeed pay homage to the module that never was.

Congratulations are definately in order! :D :thumbsup: