IGNORED

The hijacked Odyssey Market

Rev. Rob

i agree but because he is a selfish ass noone can get odyssey stuff at a reasonable price. He is sitting on litterly 30 or so systems and now people who want to add it to their colelction for a reasonable price . I agree its capitalism but we are also free to complain about it.

Luckily he misses one every now and again. Still its bull

Edited by njb12287

Oh yeah, that's a good, but often subtle point.

None of these things are shields. Free speech means enough freedom to look like an ass, and get called on it, and suffer the consequences of it.

In the case of this guy, he can do what he's doing. It's no crime, but it really does kind of suck. Over time, these kinds of things are self correcting. He may find it harder to sell, for those "right to bitch" types, bitching!!

Thats what im saying. I used to be friends with him and he sent me a picture of his stock. He has a REDICULOUS amount of pongs and odysseys. Its messed up. But still look at all the ones selling now and he is bidding on them all. I wish people would stop buying from him. Mayber he'd learn

My only worry is. If this man dies. Whats to become of his huge stock of these vintage systems? I mean he said he's 69 years old!

How do we know that his family won't chunk them all to the curb or dump them at the dump? He may be very well creating a monopoly that may in the long run ruin it all for everyone.

And this guy seems to be forcefully moving his way into the Atari 2600 market too. Which spell trouble for people like me who is on the hunt for a Atari 2600. And doesn't have that much money to spend.

Thankfully the NES seems to be a passing interest for him a the moment. But it seems he working his way into the special edition N64 market.

Edited by nightwheel

My only worry is. If this man dies. Whats to become of his huge stock of these vintage systems? I mean he said he's 69 years old!

How do we know that his family won't chunk them all to the curb or dump them at the dump? He may be very well creating a monopoly that may in the long run ruin it all for everyone.

And this guy seems to be forcefully moving his way into the Atari 2600 market too. Which spell trouble for people like me who is on the hunt for a Atari 2600. And doesn't have that much money to spend.

Thankfully the NES seems to be a passing interest for him a the moment. But it seems he working his way into the special edition N64 market.

Collectors pass this stuff on through estate sales and such. I believe my earlier assertion that Odyessy systems are falling into the "antique" store realm, means this pile of stuff will get moved through the grapevine. Every one of those kinds of people knows others, and that's how it will happen.

Edited by potatohead

He has also moved on ROBs and yes the 2600, mainly he heavys. I mean he even wants 900 for the odysssey 100-500. Something loose i think. Vectrexs are even worse. They show up even less often than the odysseys and he is always on top of those. Its a little rediculous. Whats even more upsetting is he isnt even a collector. He doesnt care about the systems only money. Its sad really

I'm wondering which buyers have a gun to their head forcing them to buy his products?

It's not a monopoly but it is market manipulation.

I say let the douche sit with all the investment he's made and not sell a damn thing. Eventually he'll have to drop his prices in order to try to recoup a bit.

Sellers like that are one of the reasons I'm giving up on Ebay. I have plenty of other ways of finding good deals from good people. Sometimes Ebay is not the best place for that.

• Like 1

seems like he struck again

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3101967418941?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=310196741894&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I checked to see who was the winning bidder. The feedback score of the winning bidder. Matches the feedback score of robotkingnes.

Is it possible to get ebay to block this guys accounts (and ip) from bidding on Odyssey consoles?

Is it possible to get ebay to block this guys accounts (and ip) from bidding on Odyssey consoles?

Huh? Why? He hasn't done anything against ebay's rules that I know of. He's ideal for them... he buys lots of stuff, giving them fees... then he sells it again on ebay, for higher prices, giving them even more fees. He's their ideal ebayer! This is gonna be hard to believe, but ebay doesn't care whether you get an Odyssey or not. "Meg" completed her Pez collection long ago and is now collecting $ bills.

• Like 2

Huh? Why? He hasn't done anything against ebay's rules that I know of. He's ideal for them... he buys lots of stuff, giving them fees... then he sells it again on ebay, for higher prices, giving them even more fees. He's their ideal ebayer! This is gonna be hard to believe, but ebay doesn't care whether you get an Odyssey or not.

Holy crow - can we leave this guy alone already?

Huh? Why? He hasn't done anything against ebay's rules that I know of. He's ideal for them... he buys lots of stuff, giving them fees... then he sells it again on ebay, for higher prices, giving them even more fees. He's their ideal ebayer! This is gonna be hard to believe, but ebay doesn't care whether you get an Odyssey or not.

Huh? What are you talking about? I was just answering a question... leave who alone? :? :? :?

Huh? What are you talking about? I was just answering a question... leave who alone? :? :? :?

I wasn't directing at you...

I was talking about people wanting to stone this "Odyssey hoarder guy"...

I wasn't directing at you...

I was talking about people wanting to stone this "Odyssey hoarder guy"...

Ahhhhh... yeah, I agree. It's sort of a sucky situation, but one of the tradeoffs of us all having free will is that you can't really control other people's actions. I'd like an Odyssey also, but life goes on, eh?

Dont be surprised that he won. He wins them all. He is sitting on way too many. And i agree with the point to leave him alone but because of his greed noone else can get one at a reasonable price. Free will also equals our right to Complain about it

Edited by njb12287

Dont be surprised that he won. He wins them all. He is sitting on way too many. And i agree with the point to leave him alone but because of his greed noone else can get one at a reasonable price. Free will also equals our right to Complain about it

You/we have a right, but it doesn't help anything.

• Like 1

i do agree but hopefully through education the market will be fixed. The prices i have to pay to aqcuire odyssey stuff kinda makes me mad. Oh well. Like i said he has every legal right to do it but i still say its ethically wrong. But to each their own

i do agree but hopefully through education the market will be fixed. The prices i have to pay to aqcuire odyssey stuff kinda makes me mad. Oh well. Like i said he has every legal right to do it but i still say its ethically wrong. But to each their own

Maybe, who knows. Maybe it's ethically wrong. Myself, I don't really feel it's an important enough issue to even ponder any further whether its ethically right or wrong. But, it does suck, no doubt, not trying to minimize your pain or frustration. It's still not against ebay's rules though... they'd love for everyone to buy stuff on ebay, then resell it there too! Just seems to me that people should finally move on, because no one's going to be able to change this guy's behavior on this. :(

Shenanigans, sir! Just like how people drove past Exxon stations after Valdez, plenty of people will now not buy from this seller.

Exactly, the guy's only really successful (if you could call it that) because a lot of people, who know better(especially here) are pretending that Ebay is the only game in town :P

He's mostly only successful at winning auctions. He's sold very few of his over priced units on eBay.

Edited by Rev. Rob

Shenanigans, sir! Just like how people drove past Exxon stations after Valdez, plenty of people will now not buy from this seller.

Okay, fair enough point. I think this dead squirrel may have been beaten to death again by now though!