IGNORED

The hijacked Odyssey Market

Rev. Rob

You could have totally flipped that for $300 today. You moral ethical fool.

Yeah, but I wouldn't. It's a very early system that I remember my family playing waaaay back in the dark ages. Fool? Yes. Who knew?

The dark ages...you mean...the 70s?

Sorry. What I got out of that whole post was the entire hobby was affected by the price of the Odyssey.

Resume the 2 minutes of hate.

Oh, please not just 2 minutes. Can we please let this turn into a 10 page epic about it?

Sorry. What I got out of that whole post was the entire hobby was affected by the price of the Odyssey.

Resume the 2 minutes of hate.

Oh, please not just 2 minutes. Can we please let this turn into a 10 page epic about it?

Your wish will be granted.

I%20DREAM%20OF%20JEANNIE%20%20P-HOTO.jpg

Here's what appears to be a a complete Run 1 Odyssey with a BIN of $175.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1806085986731?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180608598673&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

If anyone is looking for an Odyssey, now's your chance.

And for reference here's a much older one with parts missing that Dick is selling for $630:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3704356844801?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=370435684480&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I would consider calling a person's integrity into question on a public forum worse than anything this guy has allegedly done. I assume what the OP has quoted here is either neutral or paints the guy in the worst possible light - either way there is no smoking gun. He's an elderly guy who buys up systems, repackages and sells them. Re-read the original post. The guy's tone and apparent bewilderment toward the OPer is entirely appropriate.

If the OP wants to encourage people to participate in trying to offset this guy's influence on pricing it can be done without demonizing him.

Just an opinion of a guy with no skin in the game.

I would consider calling a person's integrity into question on a public forum worse than anything this guy has allegedly done. I assume what the OP has quoted here is either neutral or paints the guy in the worst possible light - either way there is no smoking gun. He's an elderly guy who buys up systems, repackages and sells them. Re-read the original post. The guy's tone and apparent bewilderment toward the OPer is entirely appropriate.

If the OP wants to encourage people to participate in trying to offset this guy's influence on pricing it can be done without demonizing him.

Just an opinion of a guy with no skin in the game.

"what is your problem? So what is eating you?" TALKING LIKE THIS IS TOTALLY APPROPRIATE! What, are you some kind of a digger? How can you call yourself a Bonk?!?

lol

Edited by Rev. Rob

I%20DREAM%20OF%20JEANNIE%20%20P-HOTO.jpg

Dude, I forgot how smoking hot she was.

What were we talking about????

Does it really matter?

It was between her and samantha from bewitched. I think I made a good choice.

Genie, Samantha, Ginger, Mary-Ann, and the girls from Petticoat Junction. Growing up in the 60's - 70's was good! :D

Not only has the odyssey market been hijacked, but so has this thread about it.

I'll bet you can't even tell me what this thread was originally about, can ya can ya can ya huh huh huh huh huh can ya can ya can ya can ya can ya? Please stop posting in it. Can ya?

Wow, really? That's a shame. I thought about buying it, too.. Had I known he probably would have snagged it, I definitely would have bought it.

Hey I have a funny idea. Somebody should buy an Odyssey from Dick for whatever his price is then list it on ebay after you get it, with an even higher price than his. See if he buys it back not realizing it was the one he just sent you...

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Wow how things change. Ive bought a few systems from Dick and traded with him. Always had a good experience whether you agree with his practices or not.. But all of us know how things go with Rev. Rob. To new members pm me or look up how Rev Rob screwed people on a homebrew.