IGNORED

Trine

Mendon

With two excellent games already out.... Uncharted 2, Pixel Junk Monsters Deluxe... that are eating up my time and a couple more on the way, I just found there might be yet another great game releasing this Thurs. on PSN: TRINE!!

I hadn't heard of this game until I saw some posts last week and knew nothing of it. I then went to the games official website (You can view it yourself by CLICKING HERE) and was blown away by the gameplay and graphic's of the game.

This might be another "must buy" for me **IF** there is a demo.

Has anyone else heard about this game? Anyone else interested in it?

Mendon

COUGH Demon Soul's COUGH

Anywho, I heard about this and was kinda excited about it. But I heard the physics really makes the game fall flat on it's face. At least according to Joystiq. I'll try it if there's a demo though.

Another game I haven't tried out yet that's gotten critical acclaim is Fat Princess. It doesn't look very fun, but ya never know.

Trine? You need to play more pc games. :P It's been out for the pc for quite some time now! You can play the demo on Steam. ;) It does need a machine with a pretty good graphics card though and I think it needs Nvidia Physx drivers.

I didn't really like it, but I'm not really a platformer player. So my opinion is probably biased. Zero Punctuation had a pretty funny (and accurate) take on it.

Another game I haven't tried out yet that's gotten critical acclaim is Fat Princess. It doesn't look very fun, but ya never know.

It really does look fun but I passed on Fat Princess because the game is strictly online, and while I do play some games online occasionally, I'm more of an offline gamer than online gamer.

One thing to consider is that with the number of new online games being released on a weekly basis, gamers move on rapidly and your game can become a ghost town in a very short time. As examples, I bought Age of Booty and its a fun game online (totally worthless offline) and its getting almost impossible to find enough players for a good online game. Calling All Cars really shines online but unfortunately its been dead for months and now the servers are coming down. Crash Commando's wasn't much fun offline but a blast to play online... unfortunately its dead, dead, dead now.

I guess the only way to view buying an online PSN or XboxLiveArcade game is that if it costs $10 and you get 6 months of fun and enjoyment, then you bought a lot of value.

Mendon

Trine? You need to play more pc games. :P It's been out for the pc for quite some time now! You can play the demo on Steam. ;) It does need a machine with a pretty good graphics card though and I think it needs Nvidia Physx drivers.

I didn't really like it, but I'm not really a platformer player. So my opinion is probably biased. Zero Punctuation had a pretty funny (and accurate) take on it.

Heh... my computer hasn't been upgraded in 4 years so there isn't much chance I'd be able to play anything released after 2005. For that reason, I pay almost no attention to PC games.

Mendon

It really does look fun but I passed on Fat Princess because the game is strictly online, and while I do play some games online occasionally, I'm more of an offline gamer than online gamer.

One thing to consider is that with the number of new online games being released on a weekly basis, gamers move on rapidly and your game can become a ghost town in a very short time. As examples, I bought Age of Booty and its a fun game online (totally worthless offline) and its getting almost impossible to find enough players for a good online game. Calling All Cars really shines online but unfortunately its been dead for months and now the servers are coming down. Crash Commando's wasn't much fun offline but a blast to play online... unfortunately its dead, dead, dead now.

I guess the only way to view buying an online PSN or XboxLiveArcade game is that if it costs $10 and you get 6 months of fun and enjoyment, then you bought a lot of value.

Mendon

I agree with you on the online games bit. It's why games like Demon Souls are so popular with me. Sure the online elements are fun and all, but when the servers are cut one day, it's still going to be a very fun game in it's own right.

I just played the demo and its pretty sweet. The graphics are amazing and you can switch between a fighter, thief and wizard to get past obstacles. Its also local co-op or so they say, I havent tried that yet.

The strange thing is that I was a little bored with it after a while, almost like I wanted the current level to end.

The wizard is pretty cool....you can levitate objects and even create boxes to stack. The knight is a tyical fighter and the thief swings around like Pitfall Harry. She also has a bow for long range attacks. Its really a 2D platformer with some combat and puzzles.

Still not sure it worth 20 bucks which is sad they priced it that high cause its a pretty good game.