IGNORED

Galaga For Atari 2600

seanhq

I am especially excited about the announced two-player-simultan mode and how people have reacted to this. Must be alot of fun, to play this game as a team, i could imagine?

And by the way - do i see some Commodore 1702 monitors there on this photo, surrounding the one on which Galagon runs?

Edited by AW127

11 hours ago, D Train said:

GET OUT OF TOWN.

I gotta talk to john.

Talking to him about his games was amazing, although he looked like he wanted to slap me when I whined that I didn’t like the 2600 as a platform...but I added that his games (and a LOT of other homebrews, like Mappy) BLEW MY MIND. Okay, I was a little hyper yesterday. :)

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, D Train said:

how's the crowd respons, Al?

Are people losing their minds?

Did you end up doing two galagon set-ups or just one?

And Zookeeper was set up right beside it. Zookeeper! 

I’m sure I trampled a few people getting to the (one) Galagon station, but there were endless lineups for Aardvark and Arkanoid, so fair is fair. :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

And Zookeeper was set up right beside it. Zookeeper! 

I’m sure I trampled a few people getting to the (one) Galagon station, but there were endless lineups for Aardvark and Arkanoid, so fair is fair. :)

You mean a 2600 version of the old arcade game Zookeeper? That would rock!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kosmic Stardust said:

A cool million? That must be one nice tshirt! ??

5 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

It is a cool shirt?

1 hour ago, adamchevy said:

Are these going to be available in the Atariage store? If not I’ll give you one million dollars for one.

Adam Chevy you could buy like four of these with that kind of dough...

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21994873

????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Linndrum said:

You mean a 2600 version of the old arcade game Zookeeper? That would rock!

I can’t impress upon you how amazing the PRGE arcade ports are. I kept saying to people “this is Zookeeper...on the 2600! Zookeeper!”, and would have monopolized the station, but it was next to Galagon, and well...you know how that turned out. Also: maybe it’s my eyes, but no flicker. How?? I could also not believe the quality of Aardvark. It plays like a dream...as did Venture Reloaded. And who did that amazing port of Avalanche? People were very impressed, let me tell you.

On another note, I was told that only a few Galagon shirts were made and that “stock was low”.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

I can’t impress upon you how amazing the PRGE arcade ports are. I kept saying to people “this is Zookeeper...on the 2600! Zookeeper!”, and would have monopolized the station, but it was next to Galagon, and well...you know how that turned out. Also: maybe it’s my eyes, but no flicker. How??

It's your eyes. ;) Zoo Keeper has a lot of flicker. :)  Especially as you get further into the game. The number of objects on a horizontal row gets pretty insane. John has some ideas of how to reduce it, so I'm sure it'll be even better by the time it's finished.

• Like 3

Ok gang... picked up my copy at Portland... played all the games at Als booth. BtW, The AA booth was by far my favorite booth. (Note, the intellivision booth was a close second.) Love playing the new games on classic systems. They both had multiple systems setup with the new game to play.  

Now at home and playing my new games.  Galagon, Wizard of Wor... what can i say.... better than sex !!

These new 2600/7800 games are beyond anything dreamed possible when I was growing up. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

I snuck in some Galagon playtime tonight and it’s just as amazing as my first PRGE taste! I switched over to 7800 Galaga for a bit and found it plays like it’s in Granny mode. And I love Galaga on the 7800! I quickly switched back to Galagon. :)

Awesome. I wonder if Albert has etas for the store.

Definitely picking up Ms Galactapus and Galagon. ?