IGNORED

Galaga For Atari 2600

seanhq

On 11/14/2019 at 11:41 PM, Albert said:

I've looked into it before, it's not really too expensive but the quality of the labels would certainly be significantly lower than a normal, glossy label. Might be interesting for a project where the goal was to have a lenticular label from the onset.  Or maybe make a "Special Edition" of a game that uses lenticular labels.  :)

..Al

Lenticular labels would be really fun.

When I was in Coney Island, I worked with Bob Munn at Depthography:

http://www.depthography.com/

he does some good (and interesting) work.

just a thought!

• Like 1

OK cool. I mean its the crazy holiday season and everyone is trying to keep theirs wits with all their busy schedules. I was thinking it might fall through. Its good to hear its coming this year. Thanks.

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol

On 11/14/2019 at 9:06 PM, Albert said:

We've created two different labels for Galagon, both featuring Dave Dries' beautiful artwork!

Which is your favorite?  You'll get to choose in the AtariAge Store next week!

..Al

Very hard to say, because both looks superb. If i MUST choose, i would take the left one. But also the right one looks really good.

Albert, when you say it will not be "next year", then the game-module and digital-image-download will be ready in next three weeks inevitably. Sounds good. Looking forward to the image-download, that i can use the ROM on my Harmony and also in STELLA emulator on PC and also on my DINGOO handheld with the Atari-2600 emulators there.

Edited by AW127

Just now, adamchevy said:

That would be a nice option.

I plan to make digital purchases of homebrews available, but can't do that until I get the store moved to new software.  I'll be doing that next year.  I've wanted to move the store to a new platform for a while, and as with the forum upgrade this year, upgrading the store is going to be a huge project for me.  But should be very worthwhile in the end.  :)

..Al

• Like 14

I'm looking forward to the upgrade. In my financial situation carts are out of my price range. I even got rid of most of my original carts, just to save space. I use my Harmony encore for every game. So being able to purchase ROMs should make it easier on my limited income and still allow me to own the quality Homebrews that keep coming out.

I bought Galagon(Type A) and BabyPacMan?

Too many gifts to buy for others during the holidays so will buy WOW and Dragon's Descent in January.

Thanks Albert for getting the games out into the store for Christmas. Very thankful for all you and the folks who dedicate themselves to the games,box art,and manuals,play testers too??

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 8:20 AM, PFL said:

Just wondering when or if the ROM will be available for sale or otherwise.  I just can't afford the Customs fees that I get hammered with!

Johnny has always been kind when it comes to releasing the roms of his games. Perhaps he'll release the final version at some point.

There's also the demo, of course, but not sure the differences between demo & final roms. The last demo of Mappy was pretty much the final rom, I believe.

Why does Galagon need to come in two excellent art styles?? Which one do I choose? We need a pole for this, it’s just to hard for one mere mortal to decide.

I watched the gameplay video for Aardvark, it looks like a really fun game. I need to pick this one up as well when I get some more cash-ola.

For anyone who has played the demo and the full cart, are there any differences between the two?    There are a few things that I noticed in the demo.   First of all, getting Galaga on to the 2600 is a monumental release.   But, there are some things that are different from the arcade version.  I am a bit of a Galaga "purist", if you will.   :-)

1) The enemy ship wave introductions in stages 5 and 6 are reversed.  

2) The enemies go to a rapid descent in stage 4 and later all of the time, when it normally would begin in stage 8, when there are few enemies left.

3) Some of the descent patterns, particularly for the Galaga "boss" ships, are off.  They alternate side to side, instead of just keeping the same side, and the descent pattern is a bit different.  

4) If you are captured and free your ship right before a Challenging Stage, you are not lined up to get a perfect score without moving, as you normally would be in the first two challenging stages.  

• Thanks 1

For anyone who has played the demo and the full cart, are there any differences between the two?    There are a few things that I noticed in the demo.   First of all, getting Galaga on to the 2600 is a monumental release.   But, there are some things that are different from the arcade version.  I am a bit of a Galaga "purist", if you will.   :-)

2) The enemies go to a rapid descent in stage 4 and later all of the time, when it normally would begin in stage 8, when there are few enemies left.

3) Some of the descent patterns, particularly for the Galaga "boss" ships, are off.  They alternate side to side, instead of just keeping the same side, and the descent pattern is a bit different.  

4) If you are captured and free your ship right before a Challenging Stage, you are not lined up to get a perfect score without moving, as you normally would be in the first two challenging stages.  

I would also like to know this!

On 12/12/2019 at 3:28 PM, Wayne2072 said:

For anyone who has played the demo and the full cart, are there any differences between the two?    There are a few things that I noticed in the demo.   First of all, getting Galaga on to the 2600 is a monumental release.   But, there are some things that are different from the arcade version.  I am a bit of a Galaga "purist", if you will.   ?

On 12/13/2019 at 6:13 PM, adamchevy said:

I would also like to know this!

...and then there's that whole thing about Galaga being a portrait-orientation game...  ...can you reprogram your game with the screen turned sideways?

Edited by almightytodd