IGNORED

How 'bout us southerners?

MacGurl

Dallas would be a good location, but is there anyone in that area to organize it? There's quite a few of us here in Austin that could organize something here...I know at one point Albert was looking into doing something, but I don't know what ever came of it.

Anybody else that would come?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm still trying to get shit together for a richmond based con..

I like the idea becouse.. A its my home town, B, I might be able to piggy back the classic stuff on top of anexisting gameing con Albiet whitewolf related, and C, Richmond is pretty much centrally located on the east coast. making for what I feel is a good location to hold something like this.

Problems presented right now is that the piggy backing thing might be in jeopardy on account of planning might be changing hands and theres some personal politics envolved with all that.

So, I'm holding off making a more official announcment on this event.

the other big problem is that I have never pulled anything like this together before, so I would be looking for advice from far wiser souls than I. Hell.. I'm still stumped ona name.

But, if it does go down as expected, it would be in march of next year.. and hopefully I wont be in direct compition with philly5.

oh well.. I'll keep y'all abreast of information as I figure stuff out.

I've been buggin Albert and Billy Eno about this for a while. I recently attented my first smaller get-together (NWCGE) and it made me want something in Texas even more cause it was a blast!

Seems like Austin would make the most sense since it's in the middle of Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. There are already a lot of people in Austin, and I go to Austin all the time anyway.

-Paul

I vote for Atlanta...WHO's with me!!!!???

There's enough people in Atlanta to have a "deep south" meeting. If only my wife did not disdain video games. :sad:

The meeting that took place in Raleigh this past fall was a CGE / Cinciclassic clone. Most people learned about it only 2 weeks prior .. and Cinciclassic took place the very next weekend.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA