IGNORED

New iPhone / iPod Touch / Android Forum Skin

Albert

• 2 weeks later...

Any way to get a "View New Content" on there?

I just submitted a request for "View New Content" to be added.

While I strongly prefer the color scheme and added options of non-mobile "standard" AA skin, I have to admit that this skin loads up probably 3-4 times faster on my phone so that's what I use. Thanks for creating a special skin for us mobile users!

I did not develop this skin, I just purchased it from a third-party. This is is why the color scheme doesn't match the standard AtariAge skin. I could spend some time customizing it so it better matches the default skin, but that would have slowed me down adding it to the site. I also don't want to have to spend a lot of time updating the skin every time a new version is released.

..Al

This looks great! Any chance the "View New Content" link will be added? I know I can use the Desktop View at the bottom of the screen and see it there but for my iPod Touch surfing it would be awesome if the new content link was also on this new screen.

Looks like "View New Content" is already available in the skin. You need to be logged in and it's located at the bottom of the main forum page. If you're not logged in, it shows as "Today's Active Content".

..Al

• 2 weeks later...

Support for Android-based phones (1.6+) has now been added. If anyone using an Android-based phone can test it for me, that would be great. I'd like to see a screenshot or two. :)

..Al

I just picked up an Eris a couple days ago and AA looks great! Currently, the Eris is on Android 1.5.

I'm too lazy right now to figure out how to do a proper screenshot, so here's a couple pics I took with the iSight camera on my MacBook Pro. :D

post-17553-126049927303_thumb.jpg

post-17553-126049928973_thumb.jpg

I just picked up an Eris a couple days ago and AA looks great! Currently, the Eris is on Android 1.5.

I'm too lazy right now to figure out how to do a proper screenshot, so here's a couple pics I took with the iSight camera on my MacBook Pro. :D

Looks great, thanks for taking the pictures! :D Glad that it's working well for Android users as well as iPhone/iPod Touch users.

..Al

I am viewing the forums now with an iPod Touch (great) but how the heck do you view "My Threads"?

I will have to add that to the skin. "My Posts" is a mod I added to the forum and right now the only link is in the normal forum skin. Will fix that today (I also need to add it to other skins).

..Al

I've added a "My Posts" link to each of the new skins (iPhone/iPod Touch/Android, CleanCut and Clasic Blue). For the mobile skin, the link is down near the bottom of the page, right above "View New Content". However, the results page for "My Posts" for the mobile skin is a bit out of whack, but it is usable. Need to clean that up.

..Al