IGNORED

Bubsy - JAGUAR HSC - November '09 - Atardi__2,195,810

kevincal

On 11/18/2009 at 12:04 AM, Hyper_Eye said:

Well... I was working on my score and I triggered a glitch. Check it out:

605574588_ScreenShot2023-05-03at4_51_46PM.png.6760c0c7951ad80f65896fffeb541df8.png

I've had that happen a few times. I thought Bubsy found himself in jail (the drain there looks like a Jail) but there are other places where you can phase in and out of the scenery. Makes for an interesting game glitch.

Now that I think about it, there seemed to be a map/background file and then a file for desinating where things are (markers for where things start and end, where things are placed etc). I believe that is how it works. Anyway I bet if we peeked at that we would find a gap somehow in the symbols that are used for the markings.

But sucks that you had to start over. : /

There is another interesting glitch on like level 14 where there is a cookie right next to a marker. If you grab the marker without killing the cookie, and then you die, you will respan RIGHT ON the cookie and die every time. That too was interesting.

Edited by doctorclu

I have gotten a lot further. I have been going back again and again and I am getting a bit better. Today I got to the Mad Hatter. Bubsy is really fast and it is hard not to want to take advantage of his speed but you really can't if you don't know exactly where all the enemies are. I am getting a lot further by taking it very slow.

Anyway, my score for tonight is 180,490.

post-2962-12586845793_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So... are there going to be any crazy last minute Bubsy scores today?

I've been playing some of the other chapters in this game. I got up to 16,060 in chapter 4, there's alot of damn bees in this chapter. And i got up to 19,677 in chapter 6, that guy in the armor is very quick with that sword.

edit - i just played chapter 7 for the first time and i finished it.

my score 23,872 and 104 balls collected.

i need more practice on chapter 8, make note to self - i can't land on that green bug thing.

Edited by roadrunner

I know the month is already over but I got a quick question. In chapter 6, the one with the giant, when you get to the top of the first castle there is a platform cloud to the left. Once you jump on it you jump back to the right and then you keep jumping left to more platforms. I can make the first 10 jumps but I can't go any farther. Has anyone made it all the way to the end or even any farther than me? I'm curious as to where it goes, I'm thinking maybe it's a way to bypass the whole level and get to the giant.

• 2 months later...

I know the month is already over but I got a quick question. In chapter 6, the one with the giant, when you get to the top of the first castle there is a platform cloud to the left. Once you jump on it you jump back to the right and then you keep jumping left to more platforms. I can make the first 10 jumps but I can't go any farther. Has anyone made it all the way to the end or even any farther than me? I'm curious as to where it goes, I'm thinking maybe it's a way to bypass the whole level and get to the giant.

10 jumps? Not bad? I think I made it two. That is something worth looking into though. Might have to see what I can try on that.

• 1 year later...

Now that there is a Jaguar emulator for the Mac, I have been able to play straight through from start to finish, and been able to get over 1.2 million without resorting to major pie pouncing on levels 13 through 15:

http://youtu.be/mDQbvPwwc3U

I suppose if I had the time and patience to expend lives pouncing on pies for the full 10 minutes of each life, I could have added about 80,000 points per life so expended (400 points per pie, times 20 pies per minute, times 10 minutes per life).

I haven't been able to get far into the cloud platforms above the rightmost castle in level 6, or find any hidden cloud platforms there. I get the feeling there may be something to find somewhere to get to some additional goodies in parts of the level I have not been able to access, though have been able to see parts of.

I'm also curious if in level 4 there are any hidden platforms to find, leading to additional balls or goodies. It seems that level 4 offers no shirts, whether power-ups or extra lives, nor enough balls to get to 500 for an extra life on that level. The most I've found is about 440 balls, too few to get to 500, even if I were able to hit the end marker at full speed to get it spraying out a bunch of balls, and the crate of bananas close by tends to spoil such attempts.

• 1 month later...