IGNORED

Kameo fans

cimerians

Can you guys post the email addy to send an email to? Maybe more people will consider shooting off an email!!

Address: editor@rare.co.uk

My open letter to Rare that I just sent:

Hello. I would like to begin by simply stating what a big fan I am of Rare's body of work over the years. From owning/playing Conker, Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie (on both the N64 and Xbox), to purchasing Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo on launch day alongside my new Xbox 360, to today playing Kinect Sports, Banjo: Nuts and Bolts and countless hours of Viva Piniata with my 7 year-old daughter. This is not even to mention Blast Corps, Goldeneye, etc. I need a shelf dedicated just to my Rare games at home. Rare has brought untold hours of joy and fun to my house over the years. For that, I'd like to say 'thank you'.

Of course, as the subject line reveals, I am also writing this to humbly ask that Rare please consider making a sequel to the original Kameo: Elements of Power. I am, perhaps unfortunately, not so naive as to think that something so simple as a quick e-mail will get the gears turning on so large an endeavor. However, if it so much as creates a quick dialogue within your studio, a 10 second discussion between two people to say 'hey, people are still telling us that they love Kameo', a spark, then I will be extremely pleased and grateful.

Please note that this is not just a quick 'fanboy' message being sent. Upon some introspection, I believe that especially in this day and age, finding a game with the charm and charisma that Kameo had is hard to do. And your game had these qualities in spades. From the lush visuals, Mr. Burke's enchanting score (for which I purchased the soundtrack back in 2006) and engrossing story, to the fun and varied gamepley, Kameo is simply the complete package of what a game should be. Though perhaps a bit more mature, I have zero hesitation in likening it to a Pixar film, with our cast of characters fighting against all odds for what is right in a whimisical world.

Finally, but not the least of which in importance, to find a strong and likeable heroine in a game is something that Rare should be proud of. I have been waiting until my 7 year old is just a bit older before I play through Kameo for my third time, this time with her at my side (don't tell anyone, but I'm sure this will happen much sooner than the T rating here in the U.S. would have me do!). I'm not sure that everyone realizes just how important it is to have these sorts of strong female characters in young girls lives, whether they be in games, literature, movies, or other art forms. Yet to have one in games seems to be all too rare (no pun intended), especially a game that myself, a 35 year old guy can have absolute fun playing and yet knowing that I have no qualms letting my daughter watch along or play also. Well, that's absolutely brilliant.

In conclusion, please pass this along to people within your studio as well as to Microsoft. As a businessman myself in the Finance field, I fully understand the economics involved in video games. As an aficianado of the games industry from a business side, I also understand the push for the wonderful Kinect related work that Rare has been doing as of late. All of that having been said, I hope beyond hope that the age of fanciful, original, imaginative and capricious games such as Kameo is not gone, and that somehow a Kameo sequel is a project that can be explored sometime in the future.

Thank you so much for your time, and take care.

• Like 1