IGNORED

Brand New Music Machine! Let the battle begin!

ninermaniac

Yeah, the vast majority of the money is invested. I am allowing myself the luxury of one "toy" which is a new car I am getting and to purchase any and all Atari games I am missing. I have a decent job and combined with the interest generated by the settlement I am able to live comfortably but not extravagantly. I still need to have surgery on my left eye (Lasik) to get some of the clarity back (happens when you hit the steering wheel with your face and airbag doesn't deploy). I also have to have another surgery on my right ankle to shave off some bone growth so that I can walk more normal. We each find joy in our own ways...I enjoy my retro aracade stuff. I also collect video game watches and those handheld arcade games made by Coleco.

Horseboy, don't be a hater. Can't a guy be excited to be working to complete his collection? I won't tell you how much I make a year, don't worry...it is not that impressive. Sometimes I forget how people on this forum can react to things.

Not hating man. I just thought you were showing a little bit much braggadocio. I am sorry to hear about your accident, but I am glad everything seems to have turned around. Good luck on the auction.

Thank you so much cvga. I sold a lot of my games which really hurt. Luckily the vast majority of the ones I sold were duplicates and I was able to retain all the real rarities. If things would have stayed bad for another few months those would have had to go. Now I am excited to be able to walk again and enjoy life. I love my atari collection and it will give me great joy to be able to buy the games that my collection is missing.

Screamin' really helped me out with some boxed games :D They are being well looked after. I hope you get this one too!

Thanks for the words of support. It is nice being financially stable, but I would give all the money back to have my original health. I used to go jogging nearly every day. I can no longer run. I went through 8 surgeries including plastic surgery on my face to fix my blown out orbitals and dented forehead. Frostbite...glad you have my duplicates. I will hook you up again if I end up with too many games.

Thanks for the words of support. It is nice being financially stable, but I would give all the money back to have my original health. I used to go jogging nearly every day. I can no longer run. I went through 8 surgeries including plastic surgery on my face to fix my blown out orbitals and dented forehead. Frostbite...glad you have my duplicates. I will hook you up again if I end up with too many games.

Was the plastic surgery a full success? As in do you feel comfortable with your looks post surgery? I hope so.

Here's to hoping you end up with too many ;) and here's to your health :thumbsup:

The plastic surgery was a success. Even people that know me very well can hardly tell that I had extensive surgery on my face. The surgeon was excellent. He went in through my eyebrows and split my eyelid open and went under that. he also went in where I already had a scar from the accident. My one good scar has lightened considerably and I have to point it out for anyone to see it. My doctor said that my eyeball was resting on my sinus cavity. My forehead was busted and he had to repair it like putting a cracked egg back together.

For many months I didn't have much feeling in my forehead. It also felt like my eyebrows were pulling a string when I lifted them. It is better now, but I rub my forehead pretty often because it doesn't have full feeling in it. Strange feeling.

The facial stuff was the least of my worries. The damage to my legs and feet was much more extensive. I broke almost all bones and I had my left big toe amputated. It is kinda ugly down there. Oh well. Life is good...you have a much better outlook on life after something like that. Never take any day for granted. You never know when a brand new truck driver from El Salvador who had never seen snow in his life will jackknife his semi and take you out head on.

The plastic surgery was a success. Even people that know me very well can hardly tell that I had extensive surgery on my face. The surgeon was excellent. He went in through my eyebrows and split my eyelid open and went under that. he also went in where I already had a scar from the accident. My one good scar has lightened considerably and I have to point it out for anyone to see it. My doctor said that my eyeball was resting on my sinus cavity. My forehead was busted and he had to repair it like putting a cracked egg back together.

For many months I didn't have much feeling in my forehead. It also felt like my eyebrows were pulling a string when I lifted them. It is better now, but I rub my forehead pretty often because it doesn't have full feeling in it. Strange feeling.

The facial stuff was the least of my worries. The damage to my legs and feet was much more extensive. I broke almost all bones and I had my left big toe amputated. It is kinda ugly down there. Oh well. Life is good...you have a much better outlook on life after something like that. Never take any day for granted. You never know when a brand new truck driver from El Salvador who had never seen snow in his life will jackknife his semi and take you out head on.

Definitely have to say that your story is WAY more interesting than the auction. Really hope you fully recover, and enjoy the settlement money as much as possible. You more than deserve it.

Edited by homerwannabee
  • Like 2

Missing the toe has not really affected my balance. I had to re-learn to walk anyway, so I learned to walk without it. And this is going to sound a little gross, but my other toes have kind of shifted over a little to help support some of the weight. I can walk with a fairly normal gait, but I still need a surgery on my right ankle to free up some range of motion and then I will walk more normal. I can't run unfortunately. I have been able to work out on an elliptical machine though. I can walk a few blocks and then the pain really becomes too much. It sucks, but it is my new reality. Life is still good.

Missing the toe has not really affected my balance. I had to re-learn to walk anyway, so I learned to walk without it. And this is going to sound a little gross, but my other toes have kind of shifted over a little to help support some of the weight. I can walk with a fairly normal gait, but I still need a surgery on my right ankle to free up some range of motion and then I will walk more normal. I can't run unfortunately. I have been able to work out on an elliptical machine though. I can walk a few blocks and then the pain really becomes too much. It sucks, but it is my new reality. Life is still good.

It's amazing you're alive, so yeah, getting along as well as you are, life is indeed good.

Well the price is already above what I want to bid $3579. Thats what I bid on the last one and I was the 3rd highest bidder. I know this one is sealed but where were all the high bidders on the last one? It not like this is going to be for sale each month. It could be a few years again. Most of the above comments are very weird to me. Congrats to the future winner since it wont be me.

Quick everyone just bid it up for kicks. You won't win it anyway :D

LOL! I've had that thought but I'm not that mean. :D

Besides, there's always the thought of 'oh man, I'm the high bidder -- what if no one outbids me? No way in heck can I afford this!' :)

screamin, sorry to hear about all of your problems and I hope your recovery remains good. Car accident?

• Like 1