IGNORED

HSC Season 2, Week 17: Kick

Deteacher

Player controls a man on a unicycle who must catch or pop balloons with his pointy hat. Balloons that get by the player can be kicked back up in the air. Ghosts and Pac-Men can also be caught, but not bombs.

post-9712-12573889198_thumb.jpg post-9712-125738892737_thumb.png post-9712-125738893511_thumb.png

Game Information:

Game Name: Kick

Released By: Midway, 1981

Game Mode: Default settings

MAME ROMset: kick

Chosen By: Me! :)

ROM Location: http://www.rom-world.com/file.php?id=30781

Post your scores in this thread and I will update the leaderboard throughout the week. PLEASE NOTE: The deadline for posting scores will be Wednesday, November 11th, 2009 @ 12:00 Noon (EST)

BEST TIPS

None Yet!

CURRENT HIGH SCORES

CURRENT POINT TOTALS

Edited by Deteacher

People with an actual cab and spinner are going to have a drastic advantage on this game. Using a joystick your movement is limited to one speed. Some balloons fall too rapidly to be caught this way when on the opposite side of the screen from where you are.

post-10357-125739713093_thumb.png

this is a fun game, I do remember playing it

Was this game played with spinner or trackball in the original cab? EDIT: I guess that I found the answer !!!!

I don't have a spinner but I do have a trackball and I will try to use the trackball to see.

good luck everyone

Edited by maximebeauvais

The trick for this game is to play with the analog control setting. Once the game is up and running, press tab to open up the game menu. Select analog controls. From there, I've been playing with the dial sensitivity and dial speed settings. I've just about got it tweaked to where I can play pretty well with a mouse.

The trick for this game is to play with the analog control setting. Once the game is up and running, press tab to open up the game menu. Select analog controls. From there, I've been playing with the dial sensitivity and dial speed settings. I've just about got it tweaked to where I can play pretty well with a mouse.

Could you please list the specific info on how to go about that? When I pressed the analog setting and moved the mouse around it didn't register. I'm using mame32v103b.