IGNORED

2600-10s: who owns NTSC Motorodeo, Obelix, Quadrun, or BMX

CincYnoTi

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know people have talked about it before but is the rarity guide based on loose or boxed games? If a new guide was made up for how hard a box was to find i bet alot of games would be 8's, 9's and many 10's. I remember in the early 80's for christmas tearing all 6 games I got new right out of the box and throwing everything but the cart away :D. For the record i kicked my own ass the last few years when i bought them again to collect :D

I know people have talked about it before but is the rarity guide based on loose or boxed games? If a new guide was made up for how hard a box was to find i bet alot of games would be 8's, 9's and many 10's. I remember in the early 80's for christmas tearing all 6 games I got new right out of the box and throwing everything but the cart away :D. For the record i kicked my own ass the last few years when i bought them again to collect :D

From my experience I would say that the rarity guide has to be based on loose carts, and I think there are many games that are still not accurately rated on the rarity guide.

It's commonly acknowledged rarity is based on loose carts, but in the end that works just fine. Case in point: a Pac-Man is relatively easy to find, a Bumper Bash is pretty hard to find. By the same token, a boxed Pac-Man is relatively easy to find, but a boxed Bumper Bash is pretty hard to find. The more rare it is, the more rare a box is. They go hand in hand. Boxed games are worth more in +cash+ but I don't think the scale needs to be changed in any way to reflect that - it's mostly self-explanatory.

BTW is the owner of these threads ever going to update the ownership lists on page one?

• 3 weeks later...

You can put me down for a shiny Quadrun cart.... no other NTSC 9s yet I think, just a few 8s.

Of course the eagle-eyed among you will have noticed there's an Obelix on eBay at the moment hidden deep in another lot along with another 2 rare carts, but I won`t say more so the current bidder (who's already got an Obelix, apparently) can get a bargain - he knows who he is - heck, maybe he'll sell/trade it to me. :-) Don`t want to make any enemies! I can`t get the lot as I`m in the UK and the seller only ships to the US! :roll:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...