CincYnoTi

Hi all,

I have:

Gauntlet (boxed)

Magicard (complete)

Video Life (boxed)

Cheers,

Marco

Marco, besides the fact you're either a collector with incredibly gifted foresight who bought all of this stuff originally and saved it, or a man with LOTS of disposable income (or both) one thing comes to mind seeing as you're in Holland - are all of your copies NTSC, or are your responses to these rated 10 threads PAL versions?

Marco, besides the fact you're either a collector with incredibly gifted foresight who bought all of this stuff originally and saved it, or a man with LOTS of disposable income (or both)

Well, it's neither :)

I started collecting in the early eighties, but I didn't get anything really rare before 1994, when I got on line and discovered this mesmerizing 2600 galaxy that is out there. I do spend quite some money on my collection, but I certainly don't have a money tree in my garden. A big network of collector friends is my main source for obtaining unusual and rare games.

one thing comes to mind seeing as you're in Holland - are all of your copies NTSC, or are your responses to these rated 10 threads PAL versions?

Most of the 10 games never made it outside of the US, so all the games I listed in these threads are NTSC. I didn't list the ones that I own in PAL format (Mangia, Obelix and Motorodeo).

Cheers,

Marco

My 10's are:

MagiCard

Motorodeo

Quadrun silver

Video Life

I acquired all of these from Atari and CommaVid respectively back in the day, so all are NTSC.

No, MagiCard did not come with a box, but I made one for it so it would have representation on The Wall.

post-118-1035655139_thumb.jpg

I have Video Life and Magicard, both with instructions.

I was given a private demo of Gauntlet by Answer Software president Edward Tang back in 1983. He also showed me the PGP-1, Confrontation, and Malagai. Unfortunately, the only game I scored from that was Malagai.

To MegaManFan:

My insanity is honored by your awe. Thanks.

To AtariBuff and anyone else who would like to try this:

Each box is shrink-wrapped for protection and wedged between horizontal strips of clear acrylic molding, the kind used to protect wallpapered corners. Any box can be removed and replaced with ease. I fastened the molding to the wall using small white finishing nails. Leaves lots of little holes that are easily spackled if you need to undo everything. It was a lot of fun to set up. Take a whack at it, and good luck!

To MegaManFan:

My insanity is honored by your awe. Thanks.

To AtariBuff and anyone else who would like to try this:

Each box is shrink-wrapped for protection and wedged between horizontal strips of clear acrylic molding, the kind used to protect wallpapered corners. Any box can be removed and replaced with ease. I fastened the molding to the wall using small white finishing nails. Leaves lots of little holes that are easily spackled if you need to undo everything. It was a lot of fun to set up. Take a whack at it, and good luck!

The only thing I'd whack is my hand with the hammer. Construction really isn't my strong suit; back in high school I got a D in shop. :(

I have a Video Life cart, bought for $5 at the CGE99 (of all places).

Somebody saw me buy it and a while later a buddy came up and asked me: "Hey, have you heard that crazy rumor that somebody bought a Video Life for 5 bucks? I don't think it's true"

At that point I pulled out my new treasure and smiled :)

I have a Video Life cart, bought for $5 at the CGE99 (of all places).  

Somebody saw me buy it and a while later a buddy came up and asked me: "Hey, have you heard that crazy rumor that somebody bought a Video Life for 5 bucks? I don't think it's true"

At that point I pulled out my new treasure and smiled :)

Man, hearing that just makes me want to cry. :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...