IGNORED

2600 10s: who owns gauntlet, magicard, video life, atlantis2

CincYnoTi

if 20 copies of video life exist i'd think at least half of those are owned my AA members. anyone agree?

Hasn't there been a "results so far" post for the rarity 10's? If so the # of AtariAgers who have a copy should be a known quantity, + one more for the one just posted above. *looking* Yep, here it is:

VIDEO LIFE  

. marco (B)  

. rick weis  

. bfstats (B)  

. rolenta  

. ianoid  

. wberdan  

. cyro  

. cpuwiz (B)  

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I own a copy of this cart. Their were 10 finalists in a contest held by IMAGIC and only 10 people received this to compete in the Defend Atlantis shoot ff that was supposed to be held in Bemuda the first round of pictures were taken and sent in by people then a letter was sent to the people who qualified this was the tie breaking round you needed to score 900,000 then take a picture for the tie breaking round to qualify for the tie breaking round. But on the original round you needed to score several million to qualify for this round.

Once you did this you now won a copy of atlantis II a snorkeling set and a T-shirt, May I point out I never received this T-shirt and am still mad to this day about it (21 years later).

After receiving your Atlantis II cart you had 2 days to play this, only 2 and it was incredibly hard I scored around 6700 pts I think. I played the other day and scored 300 boy am I outta practice.

Only 10 people received this cart some people never sent in for the qualifying round to continue the contest.

I did speak with Kathleen Booth ad asked how many people am I up against in this contest she replied 10 you are competing against 10 other people.

There you have it (there are only 10 of these carts in existance!) the people who qualified for the tie breaking round. If anyone is looking for a copy of this cart good luck I know of 2 people who have it and both of them are unwilling t let them go. I won't let mine go not even for 10,000.

Dustin :)

I own a copy of this cart. Their were 10 finalists in a contest held by IMAGIC and only 10 people received this to compete in the Defend Atlantis shoot ff that was supposed to be held in Bemuda the first round of pictures were taken and sent in by people then a letter was sent to the people who qualified this was the tie breaking round you needed to score 900,000 then take a picture for the tie breaking round to qualify for the tie breaking round. But on the original round you needed to score several million to qualify for this round.

Once you did this you now won a copy of atlantis II a snorkeling set and a T-shirt, May I point out I never received this T-shirt and am still mad to this day about it (21 years later).

After receiving your Atlantis II cart you had 2 days to play this, only 2 and it was incredibly hard I scored around 6700 pts I think. I played the other day and scored 300 boy am I outta practice.

Only 10 people received this cart some people never sent in for the qualifying round to continue the contest.

I did speak with Kathleen Booth ad asked how many people am I up against in this contest she replied 10 you are competing against 10 other people.

There you have it (there are only 10 of these carts in existance!) the people who qualified for the tie breaking round. If anyone is looking for a copy of this cart good luck I know of 2 people who have it and both of them are unwilling t let them go. I won't let mine go not even for 10,000.

Dustin :)

There you have it (there are only 10 of these carts in existance!) the people who qualified for the tie breaking round

just because there were only 11 people who made it, does not mean there are ONLY 11 atlantis 2 carts made! did you ask her how many carts they made??

Take care,

rick

The tie breaking round is clear as the letters I received from IMAGIC are clear 10 finalists. I know of 2 people unless IMAGIC made 400,000 carts to sell off in the year 2003.

I won't argue the ? of how many carts were made but I do know this I was one of the 10 finalists in this contest and I know of only one other person with this cart so draw your own conclusion 10 finalist = 10 carts. and 1 or 2 for the Imagic team but I don't think there giving them up.

How many Atlantis II carts have you held in your hand? or How many have you seen? Its common sense man they never sold an atlantis II cart! the only ones who received it were the ones who won the first round of the contest! when you get 11 people to post and verify their atlantis II cart I will be proven wrong.

I know of 2 people wit this cart and never heard of anyone else with it. I have the original letters and cart.

Dustin :P

The tie breaking round is clear as the letters I received from IMAGIC are clear 10 finalists. I know of 2 people unless IMAGIC made 400,000 carts to sell off in the year 2003.  

I won't argue the ? of how many carts were made but I do know this I was one of the 10 finalists in this contest and I know of only one other person with this cart so draw your own conclusion 10 finalist = 10 carts. and 1 or 2 for the Imagic team but I don't think there giving them up.  

How many Atlantis II carts have you held in your hand? or How many have you seen? Its common sense man they never sold an atlantis II cart! the only ones who received it were the ones who won the first round of the contest! when you get 11 people to post and verify their atlantis II cart I will be proven wrong.  

I know of 2 people wit this cart and never heard of anyone else with it. I have the original letters and cart.

Dustin     :P

Rick owns one. ;)

Are these people the original contestants or just people who acuired the carts? 4+3=8-1-1=6 Doug, is the other person I know so we now have 7 people you guys are almost there were not including the vapor ware of people who say they own it but don't. I have the proof and will submit it to the editor if he asks, will they?

:P Dustin :P

Are these people the original contestants or just people who acuired the carts? 4+3=8-1-1=6 Doug, is the other person I know so we now have 7 people you guys are almost there were not including the vapor ware of people who say they own it but don't. I have the proof and will submit it to the editor if he asks, will they?

:P    Dustin     :P

i think all of them are people who acuired the carts (like me) i don't know any person in the 2600 community that claims to have something they DON'T have! if you want to post pictures what you have it's up to you... it's not that i don't belive your story... 8)

Take Care,

Rick

you don't need to beleive me I really don't care if you do. I would just like to know who the other 10 contestants were since this contest never went through.

Heres a link for atlantis II it verifies what I have said and reinforces it. I'm glad someone knows what there talking about heres the link!

http://www.digitpress.com/eastereggs/26atlantis.htm

there were 10 finalists and only 10 sorry guys.

10 finalists=10 carts (Common Sense!).

If there are more than 10 they are cheap copies be wary, you need the paperwork to back up your cart guys, with the original signatures on them this is what makes this cart so valuable.

:) Dustin :)

I never said that I didn't believe you, the numbers of finalists have never been 100% confirmed, some people say 10 others say 4 or 5. I would love to see scans/pictures of your version of the game to see the signatures, dates etc. ! :)

Dustin       :)

I'd rather own gauntlet. :twisted:

you don't need to beleive me I really don't care if you do. I would just like to know who the other 10 contestants were since this contest never went through.

Heres a link for atlantis II it verifies what I have said and reinforces it. I'm glad someone knows what there talking about heres the link!

http://www.digitpress.com/eastereggs/26atlantis.htm

there were 10 finalists and only 10 sorry guys.

10 finalists=10 carts (Common Sense!).

If there are more than 10 they are cheap copies be wary, you need the paperwork to back up your cart guys, with the original signatures on them this is what makes this cart so valuable.

:)  Dustin  :)

you said quote" I won't argue the ? of how many carts were made" unquote....sounds like it to me you ARE!!! :P :P

i don' think many kept the letters! like all boxes and catalogs that got tossed out when we were kids.. (not me on the boxes) but most did....

10 challengers plus you =11 not 10 :P

but i will agree if you have the letter it would make it "worth" more!!!

and since you are NOT arguing the ? of how many carts were made. it would also depend on when they made the carts, before or after the first contest!

would like to see pictures of what you have. :)

as to answer your question on finding the others who were in the contest, i can't, but i think you will have a hard time finding them. GOOD LUCK

Take care,

Rick

PS: it is good to see someone that does know something on what they are talking about!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Dustin       :)

I'd rather own gauntlet. :twisted:

356479[/snapback]

Imagine that, now I do own gauntlet (A Pleasant Valley one). Boy that game sucks!