IGNORED

HELP!!! DC Stella controllers not working right

joeybastard

I downloaded Nero and DC Stella 2d and made my cdr of them. It booted up perfectly but I can't figure out how to access game reset or game select for most of the games. Games that start with the joystick button are fine although still no game select options. I have tried every button on my standard DC controller and even tried switching controller ports. According to dcemulation.com, the start button on the dc contoller is the reset button but I get the options (rom list, turn power off, etc.) menu. I have burned more copies and still get the exact same result. Has anybody else encountered this?

Thanks in advance!

ok follow-up, I'm almost as confused as you with the online docs. This page:

http://www.dcemulation.com/dcemu-stelladc.htm

has this info:

During game:

dpad or joystick - move

A - fire

Y - toggle difficulty A/B

B - toggle b/w / color

X - game select

start - game reset

R + L - exit to menu

B,X,start,R+L only works on the first controller

(Don't go to that page if you don't want +popups), I don't think that's right from the last time I played DCStella. But I'll get back to you in a couple of hours when I get home if someone hasn't already let you know (I have no idea why they didn't buy us Dreamcasts here at work ;) ). I think it's the trigger thing.

Thanks, this is the info I was following and it definetely does not work according to these buttton mappings listed. Unfortunately I'm at work also so I can't try that trigger combo you mentioned until later. If you can find the correct info that would be kick ass. As usual the AtariAge forums are a wealth of info and help.

well, the atariage forums are much smarter than me but I'm at home now and yep it's definetely right trigger held down + Y to reset/start games. At least in the latest version .2d Those other instructions must be old.

Also, I had to d/l .2d from someone's ftp because the main DcStella page including the readme/doc section has been down for me for about a week. I get the top frame but nothing on the bottom frame. DCemulation.net has some sloppy documentation :)

The emulation is pretty good. The sound is only weird on certain games, particularly on the opening music of Pressure Cooker. I noticed a little bit of slow down on some games also but not too drastic. All in all it's pretty good. I just wanted to try burning a cdr for my DC, for most games I'll stick with a real Stella.