IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Not sure if this is what you're referring to, but if you uncheck all of the playthrough boxes in Audacity's preferences, you won't hear yourself at all. Or you shouldn't, at least.

Well, that's the thing: I WANT to hear myself. When I'm wearing headphones it's essential that I'm able to monitor my volume.

Well, that's the thing: I WANT to hear myself. When I'm wearing headphones it's essential that I'm able to monitor my volume.

Being a single host podcaster, I tend to forget these things. :) Audacity definitely has some lags when you put yourself through the speakers, at least on the Mac. Sorry I can't help!

I completely missed the DOS gaming boat. I was strictly Atari during those years (800XL, 130XE, STE, Falcon). I didn't succumb to the Microsoft juggernaut until some time in the late '90s with Windows 98SE. And I played a fair share of games on that platform - in between Blue Screens Of Death, of course, which occurred about every 20 minutes or so with 98...

...& that's where I STOPPED playing FF7, when the chocobos were introduced. Also because I saw the size & cost of the strategy guide.

Which one? There were two guides that came out for the game -- the 'official' guide from BradyGames, which was the normal price for a guide (about $12) and was decent, and a much rarer and sought after one from Versus Games, that was MUCH better and a little cheaper. I sold mine several years ago for $75. :-D

And no, Chocobo's first were introduced in Final Fantasy 2 (Japan only) and saw their first US release in Final Fantasy 4. :)

Don't try to win a fact debate on Final Fantasy with one of the franchise's biggest fans. :twisted:

• Like 1

Which one? There were two guides that came out for the game -- the 'official' guide from BradyGames, which was the normal price for a guide (about $12) and was decent, and a much rarer and sought after one from Versus Games, that was MUCH better and a little cheaper. I sold mine several years ago for $75. :-D

And no, Chocobo's first were introduced in Final Fantasy 2 (Japan only) and saw their first US release in Final Fantasy 4. :)

Don't try to win a fact debate on Final Fantasy with one of the franchise's biggest fans. :twisted:

My Final Fantasy days began and ended on the NES in the late '80s / early '90s (along with my Ultima and Dragon Warrior days too) That's not to say I don't care for the games. It's one of my favorite genres, actually. But once you get married (to a non-gamer wife), have a kid or two, and run your own business, those kind of games are simply off the table... unless you want to begin divorce proceedings and watch your business fail.

Same reasons I can no longer play GTA...

:woozy:

Edited by nurmix
  • Like 1

Wow SoulBlazer, you got riled up quick...

I was going to PM you so as not to clutter up the thread w/ FF gab, but seeing as it's already underway...hang on, here we go!

Im not even trying to start a "fact debate", much less WIN one... I didnt mean introduced "in the series", I meant "in the game FF7" (& introduced TO ME, since it was the first FF game I ever played.) I bought it sometime between 2003-2005 at Sams Club (like a CostCo) they sold discounted PS1 & PS2 games (I also got Reel Fishing 2 & never opened it, & i thought PS2 Paris-Dakar Rally was decent.) the cashier noted FF7, & I recall telling him I heard FF7 was a good place to get into the series, & he said "well, #8 is the best." Sure, whatever- I didnt know, I was totally new to it.

& as nurmix mentioned above, I had TIME to play it back then, 10+ yrs ago...I'd just got married & moved into our first home, no real responsibilities (yet), & I'd heard good things about it, so why not? Well, I got up to the chocobo breeding part, I never liked micro-managing or fine-tuning minor details in games, & it seemed raising a chocobo was just that. I started looking for a guide, & I recall paging thru one at a mall bookstore & saw there was a "certain/proper/correct" way to play the entire GAME, & you had to feed the chocobo certain foods, & do THIS exactly THIS way & do THAT exactly THAT way & I decided it wasnt for me, so I stopped, never got past the 1st disc. To this day I still avoid lengthy, story-driven games & RPGs w/ turn-based combat. The last one I tried was PS1 Koudelka, yrs ago, because I heard it was Resident Evil style with turn-based combat, & I was willing to try ONE MORE TIME to get into it- but couldnt do it. I quit when I had to fight a f---king CHAIR & a MIRROR...WTF???

Ahhh...whew. Thats my FF story. Let's talk about podcasts now.

Someone pass me a Phoenix Down.

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1

Retroanuts notes:

1. Their "micro" episodes have way more interesting topics, but they only go on for 5 minutes about it.

2. Their regular episodes always fall back to talking about Final Fantasy.

3. The audio sounds a bit hollow. Need moar Patreon $?