IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Ya, Wizards of Odyssey 2 will be on the backburner for quite some time. I dont really have the time for it until some of the other projects being done wrap up. May try to get it off the ground when the Channel F Files finish up, but it will depend on my co-hosts schedule as well. I have considered making it a clip show where the "Wizards" are the listeners of the podcast submitting their thoughts and such on the topic for that months show. And/Or organizing a time for a roundtable that anyone can join in to discuss that episodes topic for the podcast (similar to Intarivisions Podcast roundtable format). Nurmix from the Intellivisionaries has been working on awesome show theme song as well!

Also, I need to invest more time in Arcade USA to grow that project. Colecovisions and Arcade USA keep me very busy with their numbers continue to grow. Also prepping for a panel for Colecovisions Podcast at Game On Expo in Mesa AZ is also taking some of my time, will be my first panel so I am a little nervous but my co-hosts SocalMike and Gamester81 are giving me words of encouragement and will be on the panel with me :) The CGE2K14 launch panel was easy for me (I did not have to talk, just sit there :P)

I am SUPER stoked to hear what Shinto does though! I really dig it when he submits segments to A2600GBG and other podcasts.

Yes please! There are so many good podcasts out there right now that its getting to the point of picking and choosing when I would love to listen to them all !!

Edited by BadHornet

I like this Game By Game Podcast information hub site. Links to contact, RSS, latest episode, everything! Looks like iTunes is behind on "Diary of An ARcade Employee" or I'm not subscribed right.

Edited by S1500
  • Like 1

S1500, I'm glad you like the Game by Game Information Hub thing (www.gamebygamepodcast.com). I wanted a single, simple page for all the Atari Jaguar Game by Game Podcast information, and came up with the URL for it first, realizing then that it might be helpful for other podcasts of a similar nature. It took some time to hunt down all the data for these shows and build up the database. But now that it's done and set on auto-pilot, I find myself using it quite a bit, actually.

The Diary of an Arcade Employee feed is different from the other podcasts because it is shared with other shows on the Retroist network. I had to write a one-off in order to get it into the Info Hub site correctly. It's a good show, though, well worth the effort.

• Like 7

S1500, I'm glad you like the Game by Game Information Hub thing (www.gamebygamepodcast.com). I wanted a single, simple page for all the Atari Jaguar Game by Game Podcast information, and came up with the URL for it first, realizing then that it might be helpful for other podcasts of a similar nature. It took some time to hunt down all the data for these shows and build up the database. But now that it's done and set on auto-pilot, I find myself using it quite a bit, actually.

The Diary of an Arcade Employee feed is different from the other podcasts because it is shared with other shows on the Retroist network. I had to write a one-off in order to get it into the Info Hub site correctly. It's a good show, though, well worth the effort.

Holy crap, I never knew about that site! Is that all your work, Shinto? That's a great hub site! :)

I've sent a e-mail to the one listed there to add in missing information on my podcast (The SNES Podcast)

Holy crap, I never knew about that site! Is that all your work, Shinto? That's a great hub site! :)

I've sent a e-mail to the one listed there to add in missing information on my podcast (The SNES Podcast)

It only went live last week, so don't feel bad. :) It's my work, yes, collateral damage from launching the Jaguar podcast.

Your show's information has been updated, thanks for the info! Accurate data is happy data.

Even though I can't stand my Jaguar, I'm looking forward to the podcast. Maybe it will help me find some love for this console.

Oh, and too bad I'm not games! Nice hub site!

Edited by Ripdubski

You should probably add this one also:

http://intarivisions.blogspot.ca/

He may be limiting it to 'family friendly' shows. If he's willing to accept links for podcasts that cover retro games that do a little swearing now and then I would highly suggest Watch Out For Fireballs as well, as they also do a 'game by game' approach.

Thanks for adding us too, Shinto. Even though we don't have the words "Game By Game" in our title, that's essentially what we are. This is a great resource. Kudos for putting it together.

And I enjoyed episode 0 of your show. As a short time / former Jag owner (bought right when it came out, but sold shortly thereafter), I'm looking forward to learning more about the system. Nice theme tune as well!

Edited by nurmix

Right now gamebygamepodcast.com is the only website out there(that I know of) with info on classic computing/video game podcasts.

With that being said, there's still plenty of hardware open for its own game-by-game 'cast.

1. Playstation 1

2. TurboGrafx 16

3. individual pinball machine

• Like 1

Right now gamebygamepodcast.com is the only website out there(that I know of) with info on classic computing/video game podcasts.

With that being said, there's still plenty of hardware open for its own game-by-game 'cast.

1. Playstation 1

2. TurboGrafx 16

Don't forget the Game Boy! I'd love one for that handheld, since at the peak I had like 100 games for it. :)

WOW! what a awesome site!

• Like 1

1. Playstation 1

2. TurboGrafx 16

Atari Lynx PLEASE!!!! :P love that little guy!

• Like 1

What an awesome Maze-a-Tron episode. I really enjoy podcasts that dig into the games and unearth some unknown details behind them. Between the programmer interviews (pretty damn fascinating on their own) and behind-the-scenes materials such as, in this case, Russ Haft's original design documents (!!), every Intellivisionaries episode automatically becomes the go-to reference source for that game.

Amazing job, as always. I just thought all of the work and research (and painstaking mapping!) should be commended. The Intellivisionaries shall not be taken for granted, or they'll have to put you on the Game Grid...

• Like 2

What an awesome Maze-a-Tron episode. I really enjoy podcasts that dig into the games and unearth some unknown details behind them. Between the programmer interviews (pretty damn fascinating on their own) and behind-the-scenes materials such as, in this case, Russ Haft's original design documents (!!), every Intellivisionaries episode automatically becomes the go-to reference source for that game.

Amazing job, as always. I just thought all of the work and research (and painstaking mapping!) should be commended. The Intellivisionaries shall not be taken for granted, or they'll have to put you on the Game Grid...

Wow, thanks so much! This is exactly why I wanted to do the podcast - deep digging into these games and finding their secrets! :)

• Like 4

The Retroist has a new episode out, couldn't find "Diary of an Arcade Employee". I like his video game-centric episodes.

They played the Fonz pinball commercial. Fonz Pinball is the coincidental game of the week, being previously mentioned on ColecoVisions.

• Like 1

Awesome site! THanks for listing Pie Factory!

• Like 1