IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

S1500, I'm glad you like the Game by Game Information Hub thing (www.gamebygamepodcast.com). I wanted a single, simple page for all the Atari Jaguar Game by Game Podcast information, and came up with the URL for it first, realizing then that it might be helpful for other podcasts of a similar nature. It took some time to hunt down all the data for these shows and build up the database. But now that it's done and set on auto-pilot, I find myself using it quite a bit, actually.

The Diary of an Arcade Employee feed is different from the other podcasts because it is shared with other shows on the Retroist network. I had to write a one-off in order to get it into the Info Hub site correctly. It's a good show, though, well worth the effort.

Great idea Shinto. Because of your page i'm now going to start listening to Sprite Castle. I also help run two podcast's if you're keen to add them. Retro Domination (Everything Retro. http://www.retrodomination.com/category/podcast/ and The Press Play On Tape Podcast which is all about vintage pc's http://pressplayontape.podbean.com/?source=pb Keep up the great work.

Edited by DazRetroDomination

Hello gents, for anyone who listens to the Retro Domination podcast. Is here a specific topic you guys would like us to cover? If so shoot! Cheers

DIck Smith Wizard, only because it's local to Aus, so we know nothing about it. And Hankin pinball machines, same reason. :)

I should probably clarify the reasoning behind the Game by Game Podcast site. It's designed for shows that focus on one platform and cover one or more games per episode for that platform. That way, I could set up a different subdomain name for each system, and end up with somewhat-readable URLs like 2600.gamebygamepodcast.com and snes.gamebygamepodcast.com.

Multi-platform podcasts (Press Play on Tape, Watch Out for Fireballs, The Retro League, Intarivisions, etc.) cover games on a variety of systems and are, sadly, outside the scope of what I wanted to accomplish there. It's too wide a net to cast, and the site's schema wasn't built to support it them, just single-platform shows. If somebody wants to start a greater index of retro gaming podcasts, that would be cool. I'd be happy to help get it set up, but I won't be able to run it.

When I initially built gamebygamepodcast.com, I populated the database with a whole mess of different game systems, with the thought that I could list podcastless platforms as a sort of plea. I didn't follow through with this plan until yesterday. Platforms with no (known) podcast can now be seen at no.gamebygamepodcast.com (get it? no game by game podcast? ah, well). So if you're itching to launch a new show but are in search of a theme, why not the Telstar Arcade or Virtual Boy or 32X or Vectrex? Ooh, Vectrex. They're all there at no.gamebygamepodcast.com. I'm sure it's far from a comprehensive list, but there are still over 30 platforms there looking for a podcast home.

I can cross the Amiga off the list, though, as the Amigos podcast is now on the site at amiga.gamebygamepodcast.com.

• Like 7

I should probably clarify the reasoning behind the Game by Game Podcast site. It's designed for shows that focus on one platform and cover one or more games per episode for that platform. That way, I could set up a differe Platforms with no (known) podcast can now be seen at no.gamebygamepodcast.com (get it? no game by game podcast? ah, well). So if you're itching to launch a new show but are in search of a theme, why not the Telstar Arcade or Virtual Boy or 32X or Vectrex? Ooh, Vectrex. They're all there at no.gamebygamepodcast.com. I'm sure it's far from a comprehensive list, but there are still over 30 platforms there looking for a podcast home.

Willy's gonna cover all those, right? :)

• Like 1

I should probably clarify the reasoning behind the Game by Game Podcast site. It's designed for shows that focus on one platform and cover one or more games per episode for that platform. That way, I could set up a different subdomain name for each system, and end up with somewhat-readable URLs like 2600.gamebygamepodcast.com and snes.gamebygamepodcast.com.

Multi-platform podcasts (Press Play on Tape, Watch Out for Fireballs, The Retro League, Intarivisions, etc.) cover games on a variety of systems and are, sadly, outside the scope of what I wanted to accomplish there. It's too wide a net to cast, and the site's schema wasn't built to support it them, just single-platform shows. If somebody wants to start a greater index of retro gaming podcasts, that would be cool. I'd be happy to help get it set up, but I won't be able to run it.

When I initially built gamebygamepodcast.com, I populated the database with a whole mess of different game systems, with the thought that I could list podcastless platforms as a sort of plea. I didn't follow through with this plan until yesterday. Platforms with no (known) podcast can now be seen at no.gamebygamepodcast.com (get it? no game by game podcast? ah, well). So if you're itching to launch a new show but are in search of a theme, why not the Telstar Arcade or Virtual Boy or 32X or Vectrex? Ooh, Vectrex. They're all there at no.gamebygamepodcast.com. I'm sure it's far from a comprehensive list, but there are still over 30 platforms there looking for a podcast home.

I can cross the Amiga off the list, though, as the Amigos podcast is now on the site at amiga.gamebygamepodcast.com.

Shinto......You're Amazing!

• Like 1

Willy's gonna cover all those, right? :)

Oh blankity blankity @*!#$ no! I am trying to get rid of some of my crap :P

I really want to hear a Atari Lynx podcast so much! I love the system, I have my original one still and just picked up a Lynx II for 20 bucks at the flea market. Vectrex and Lynx are my big two on the Willie! Wish List! Shinto made my day by doing the Jaguar, another system I love and had considered doing a podcast on it before I was shanghaied into the 5200 super podcast :P but hey, Arkay and Capn bob are great guys, I enjoy talking to them :)

• Like 3

Oh blankity blankity @*!#$ no! I am trying to get rid of some of my crap :P

I really want to hear a Atari Lynx podcast so much! I love the system, I have my original one still and just picked up a Lynx II for 20 bucks at the flea market. Vectrex and Lynx are my big two on the Willie! Wish List! Shinto made my day by doing the Jaguar, another system I love and had considered doing a podcast on it before I was shanghaied into the 5200 super podcast :P but hey, Arkay and Capn bob are great guys, I enjoy talking to them :)

This is the one I was going to start before Intarivisions (a joke that become a podcast, but hey its fun!) , Channel F files and 5200 super podcast came about :P

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Bally-AstroCast/793653064007619

The Bally Astrocade was the first machine I programmed games on and sold on cassette tape :P love that machine as well. I grew up with it and the Channel F, so lots of memories!

• Like 2

I really want to hear a Atari Lynx podcast so much! I love the system, I have my original one still and just picked up a Lynx II for 20 bucks at the flea market. Vectrex and Lynx are my big two on the Willie! Wish List!

Yes! If you or atariLBC or someone had beaten me to the Jaguar punch, I would have tackled the Lynx for sure. I still have my original model 1, and recently acquired my brother's model 2 as well. My daughter is totally addicted to ComLynx Gauntlet. See, my Jaguar collection is more complete than my Lynx one, which is a main reason why I went with the Jaguar instead. But I would send in all sorts of audio submissions to a Lynx podcast, no doubt, maybe even co-host if the timing works out (big "if").

• Like 1

The Bally Astrocade was the first machine I programmed games on and sold on cassette tape :P love that machine as well. I grew up with it and the Channel F, so lots of memories!

I'm reasonably sure that I've finally convinced my best buddy -- this guy:

http://www.ballyalley.com

...to start the Astrocade podcast that he's been threatening to commence with for months. He possesses internal documentation, Arcadian correspondence and third-party games that have only seen the light of day at the rate he's been able to archive them. He's a brilliant, funny guy, and I'm really hoping that he gets going with his show very soon. Rest assured that I'll be posting a notification here when he finally uploads his first episode.

• Like 3

I'm reasonably sure that I've finally convinced my best buddy -- this guy:

http://www.ballyalley.com

...to start the Astrocade podcast that he's been threatening to commence with for months. He possesses internal documentation, Arcadian correspondence and third-party games that have only seen the light of day at the rate he's been able to archive them. He's a brilliant, funny guy, and I'm really hoping that he gets going with his show very soon. Rest assured that I'll be posting a notification here when he finally uploads his first episode.

Yep, very familiar with him. I sent him some stuff years ago to scan in. I also have a article over there somewhere on repairing a Astrocade as well :) Keeping my fingers crossed! He would be awesome to do a podcast on the Astrocade with his level on knowledge!

Edited by thevnaguy
  • Like 2

Yes! If you or atariLBC or someone had beaten me to the Jaguar punch, I would have tackled the Lynx for sure. I still have my original model 1, and recently acquired my brother's model 2 as well. My daughter is totally addicted to ComLynx Gauntlet. See, my Jaguar collection is more complete than my Lynx one, which is a main reason why I went with the Jaguar instead. But I would send in all sorts of audio submissions to a Lynx podcast, no doubt, maybe even co-host if the timing works out (big "if").

I have challenged my wife to ComLynx Warbirds! Video coming soon :P We need a Defender audio segment Shinto for the 5200 cast :P hint hint, nudge nudge, maybe plug your new podcast as well :)

We need a Defender audio segment Shinto for the 5200 cast :P hint hint, nudge nudge, maybe plug your new podcast as well :)

According to my logs, I e-mailed it out 24 minutes before your above-quoted post. :)

Shinto, will you be accepting show submissions via AtariAge PM (for those of us luddites who'd rather write than record) as well as the usual methods?

Sure. The e-mail address would be more direct, but whatever you're comfortable with, I'm not picky.

Listening to the first Pie Factory episode (Donkey Kong) and my first impressions are it's ok, but I wish people would not suck on candy when they are podcasting because the noise of smacking lips is annoying to the listener! This should be rule number one for podcasting: don't do it while you are eating, sucking on candy, or chewing gum. Hopefully this doesn't happen on every episode or it will get taken off my playlist quckly...

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 1

I was going to e-mail you, Shinto, because I noticed there wasn't an entry for the Commodore CDTV, which was basically an Amiga 2000 with a fancy CD player...but I don't know if there were enough games to warrant a "game by game" podcast for it...

I was going to e-mail you, Shinto, because I noticed there wasn't an entry for the Commodore CDTV, which was basically an Amiga 2000 with a fancy CD player...but I don't know if there were enough games to warrant a "game by game" podcast for it...

That and/or the Amiga CD32, which has at least 150 titles (with new ones being ported from the Amiga to the CD32 on a regular basis).