IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

I even got a mention(I won't say sh__t__t) on the latest Intellyvizonariez. Yeah, I probably should do a TI-99/4A podcast. Tried to get that Omega guy to do one.

Podcasts we are waiting for a debut episode for:

Wizards of Odyssey 2

Atari Lynx Game By Game

Atari XEGS Game By Game

Podcasts we are waiting for to exist:

Bally Astrocade Game By Game

• Like 1

I only got to try an Astrocade for the first time at Midwest Gaming Classic. The d-pad knob/dial threw me off. I wasn't expecting the fulcrum of it to be in the base of the gun grip thing. Kind of like when you tilt a straw around in a soft drink to navigate it between ice cubes.

Boy I'm nervous about pointing this one out: https://www.facebook.com/The-Bally-AstroCast-793653064007619/timeline/

Nothing recorded yet, but I believe this one will be me and Willie when we both have the time to start it.

Through forces in the universe unexplained to us, somehow Willy will end up as a guest on one of his own podcasts he's hosting. Yes kids, there would be TWO Willies on the same 'cast. Maybe through Skype technology it's the same Willy, but they will be one day from each other, but somehow still able to talk to each other.

Willy 1: For today's epsiode, we have a special guest, Willy from The Atari 5200 Super Cast. Hey Willy.

Willy 2: Hey there! Glad to be on the show.

Willy 1: So what are you up to? I was going to fix this Astrocade here yesterday, but now I can't find it anywhere.

Willy 2: Today I got to sit down and fix this Astrocade.

Willy 1: Wait a minute, does it have a tiny scratch at the bottom?

Willy 2: Why yes it does.

Willy 1: When you're done fixing it, can you send it back to me?

Willy 2: Sure

/sketchidea

• Like 2

Podcasts we are waiting for a debut episode for:

Wizards of Odyssey 2

Atari Lynx Game By Game

Atari XEGS Game By Game

But wait, there's more! I just got word of The Nintendo 64 Podcast, coming soon. Both this and the Bally AstroCast have just been added to gamebygamepodcast.com. Of the 61 gaming platforms I track on the site, there are now podcasts for 26 of them!

But wait, there's more! I just got word of The Nintendo 64 Podcast, coming soon. Both this and the Bally AstroCast have just been added to gamebygamepodcast.com. Of the 61 gaming platforms I track on the site, there are now podcasts for 26 of them!

I see you didn't pull the Intellivisionaries off the list... :) We were starting to wonder if we're stretching the definition of a game-by-game-cast...

I see you didn't pull the Intellivisionaries off the list... :) We were starting to wonder if we're stretching the definition of a game-by-game-cast...

I don't think you are. Each episode title is a different game, and it's covered quite well, just like the other GBG podcasts. You have footage about other Intelly topics before & after the game on the episode. It's the best of both worlds.

However, Ferg's song at the end, ehh..

• Like 2

Hey S1500...

I really enjoyed CCGN Ep. 19 (Adventures In Asia). Having done a European (Germany/Croatia) vacation in July, I completely related to the long haul air travel talk. Very well presented, and entertaining.

I've never been to Asia, but it's on my wish list.

Looking forward to part 2 with Indieseoul!

• Like 1

MediaMonkey for the win.

If you have thousands and thousands of disorganized MP3s, there's no real way around it: there is going to be work involved in getting stuff organized. But MediaMonkey makes it about as painless as one could ask for, IMO. You can batch edit as many files as you want, meaning, for example, you could select 120 songs by the Rolling Stones, right-click, properties, change the artist name to "Rolling Stones" or "The Rolling Stones", and they all get updated accordingly. Then, you can do the same for album names, etc. Once the tag info is correct (and--just as importantly--consistent), select the files and do a right-click "auto organize files". This feature renames and moves the files around on your harddrive using the tag info, so that you can have them organized and tidy, using a structure you specify. Really, it's not much work at all to maintain once you get your "legacy" stuff organized, because then it's just a matter of doing all new stuff as you get it.

My entire music collection of tens of thousands of songs is organized into a library\artist\album directory structure using a filename covention of ARTIST - TRACK_NAME.mp3. I can copy those files and take them anywhere, and they're already fully organized without the need for a software front end.

As a side note, even with organized data, I think iTunes is bloody torture; I hate it.

I use the iPhone podcasts app for podcast consumption. Thankfully, it can be done completely without having to hook up to the PC and use iTunes, because I'd be finding an alternative solution in a big old hurry if that were necessary.

I didn't say "how" they should do it. Mine was mostly curated by hand over the past 3 to 4 years. Yep, long ass time, a lot of work. As I found something I would correct it. A year ago I got serious and started from A to Z fixing things. Should have looked for an automated tool. Wouldn't do it again, nor for anyone else. When I tell people to work on it, I'll make sure to mention MediaMonkey. Good call.

(EDIT) My time frames may be off, seems like all that was longer ago. My musics been well organized for at least 3 years. So add 3 to each of those...

Edited by Ripdubski

Boy I'm nervous about pointing this one out: https://www.facebook.com/The-Bally-AstroCast-793653064007619/timeline/

Nothing recorded yet, but I believe this one will be me and Willie when we both have the time to start it.

Yep! you and me Rick! I have a great history with the Astrocade, first console I programmed and sold games on using the Astrobasic cart, still thought it was cool how they had that special overlay to program with on the keypad! the business my dad worked for was a Bally authorized service center, so I got to spend lots of time watching them be repaired and repairing them myself. Just have to wait until we have more time, I need to get the Channel F files finished up first :) (the other console I spent lots of time with!)

Looking forward to the project Rick!

• Like 2

Through forces in the universe unexplained to us, somehow Willy will end up as a guest on one of his own podcasts he's hosting. Yes kids, there would be TWO Willies on the same 'cast. Maybe through Skype technology it's the same Willy, but they will be one day from each other, but somehow still able to talk to each other.

Willy 1: For today's epsiode, we have a special guest, Willy from The Atari 5200 Super Cast. Hey Willy.

Willy 2: Hey there! Glad to be on the show.

Willy 1: So what are you up to? I was going to fix this Astrocade here yesterday, but now I can't find it anywhere.

Willy 2: Today I got to sit down and fix this Astrocade.

Willy 1: Wait a minute, does it have a tiny scratch at the bottom?

Willy 2: Why yes it does.

Willy 1: When you're done fixing it, can you send it back to me?

Willy 2: Sure

/sketchidea

well, I am a Gemini :P and have been accused of a split personality......kind of like the star trek mirror universe thingy, but am I the good willie! or that goatee @$#*!$!

image1.jpg

We're knee deep in the dead with our in-depth look of PC First Person shooters and how they shaped the future video gaming landscape.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/retro-asylum-uks-number-1/id474414834?mt=2&i=352029189

http://traffic.libsyn.com/retroasylum/Episode125.mp3

A massive thanks to everyone who voted for us in the UK Podcasters Awards! We won the best Podcasters in the video games category!!!

• Like 2

Huh. The Amigos guys are complaining about drop-ins interrupting podcasts. Inky and I are going to have to have a word with Hyde St. Pièrre about that...

They did? Was that the Pinball Fantasies episode? I don't remember hearing that. Oh well, drops make me happy, and if the podcast host ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Being a total dick, does that include drop-ins about leaving an iTunes review? :) I keed, I keed. I have never even used an Amiga but I like their show.

They did? Was that the Pinball Fantasies episode? I don't remember hearing that. Oh well, drops make me happy, and if the podcast host ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Nope, the Pro Wrestling thingy episode. (I was never a wrestling fan so I listened, but I kind of zoned out...)

Being a total dick, does that include drop-ins about leaving an iTunes review? :)

Ouch. :) I don't think that would affect listenership -- Fab 4 Free 4 All does similar drop-ins and they have a quite hefty number of listeners...

I keed, I keed. I have never even used an Amiga but I like their show.

Really, the more I listen to Amigos and reflect back on my Amiga days (1993 - 2006), the more I realize that while it really was an excellent system, it was quite a pain in the ass...

• Like 1

Is everyone jumping ship from podomatic? I'm almost considering maybe kinda actually shelling out $ to host CCG. But I haven't heard anything good about podomatic, only people running from it. So far people like libsyn. Podcast garden seems to be the cheapest, if you can put up with their Geocities-like web design.

Is everyone jumping ship from podomatic? I'm almost considering maybe kinda actually shelling out $ to host CCG. But I haven't heard anything good about podomatic, only people running from it. So far people like libsyn. Podcast garden seems to be the cheapest, if you can put up with their Geocities-like web design.

Speaking for the SNES Podcast, I had no problems with Podomatic. It just came down to the fact that as the podcast grew it was a better use of my money to move over to Libsyn. There's no limit on upload space or a download limit. The restriction is you can only upload X amount of data each month (depending on your plan). Once the month rolls over, that data gets uploaded for good and the quota is reset. We haven't finished uploading all the old episodes due to that quota but they will be added as space allows. For a small podcast, Podomatic is fine.

Reminder to self(and everyone), do a round of iTunes reviews of the 'casts that have came out in the past year. 5 stars or whatnot. Write up a text review, all that fun stuff. Time for a freshen-up.

Yes please! Especily for us, since we had to start a new ITunes feed due to the move over to Libsyn.

The Podomatic site will be taken down tomorrow night, so please see Shinto's website for all the links.