IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Great 200th episode over at Retro League. Their celebratory 30-yr lookback includes Atari company history, the Atari landfill, & Swordquest series discussion. Interestingly enough, they pulled off a nearly 2.5 hr show without swearing, bleepy-bloopy filler music, OT tangents, or giggling at inside jokes. Just straight video game talk, believe it or not. See, you subpar podcasts out there? It CAN be done.

I agree--the 200th episode was fantastic. I didn't know a whole lot about the Swordquest games, but now I'll have to keep my eye out for them at the local flea markets.

...And I see the word giggle, RJ. ...We're cool, right? :)

Edited by Rob2586
  • Like 1

Hey guys.

Well, we had to give Genesis Gems the axe--at least for now. It was hard trying to align everyone's schedule--including my own--in order to record. I have been considering doing a solo retro cast on my own schedule. Aside from banning Final Fantasy and YouTube talk, do you guys have any suggestions?

I really respect Ferg, S1500, and Flack's solo casts, and I was thinking about doing something in the same vein.

By the way, S1500, thank you for the plug on the latest Classic Console Gamer News. We'll be sure to return the favor! Love the music as always!

• Like 1

...And I see the word giggle, RJ. ...We're cool, right? :)

Yeah, when I wrote that I was thinking of a different podcast...they giggle at their inside jokes.

Hoo boy. I'm going to be a guest on Throwback Reviews, and Flack makes me laugh just when I listen to him do a podcast. Youse ain't heard gigglin' yet. :lol:

• Like 1

Let me just clear this up, I'm absolutely NOT against giggling, chuckling, guffawing, tittering, laughing, etc. of any kind. I probably laugh more than anyone I personally know & I'm all for having fun & a good time. I do not believe a podcast should be completely straight-laced & straight-faced. I appreciate humor & jokes, however bad they may be initially.

THAT SAID...when podcast hosts begin laughing at something dumb, & continue to do so throughout the rest of & subsequent shows, & it becomes an old & tired running joke, & it no longer helps the show & detracts from it & ruins it for the listener...THAT'S when I consider it a negative.

At first I noted Rob2586's repeated giggling because I hadnt heard that on any podcasts before, I wasnt used to it & initially considered it a distraction. Now that I know that's how he is & understand it's his nature, I can deal, & even appreciate it.

Edited by RJ
  • Like 3

"You're gay!"

"No, you're fucking gay!"

I"m not politically correct, but even I know not to say that. Yes, it's the Outsiders.

Yeah, I realize they're all buddies on KLOV & whatnot, & they consider that friendly joking...but, wow. Despite their usual antics, their latest show is pretty good. That Chris guy they briefly mention capped my faulty Xevious cab, & sold me an empty Kangaroo for my multigame project. He had a kickass basement arcade w/ about a dozen games. Sadly, I gather he's out of the hobby now. He was at my niece's wedding this past summer, but I didnt see him to chat.

OKI propose sometime next month we get together for a gigantic voltron AA thread podcast.Any takers?

If you dont mind a newbie who doesnt know what he's doing, I wouldnt mind trying this, if just to see how dumb I sound. I did go to radio broadcasting school 20 yrs back, dunno if that'll help or hinder.

• Like 1

OK

I propose sometime next month we get together for a gigantic voltron AA thread podcast.

Any takers?

I would like to do this if I can fit it into my work schedule. Do I have to know what Voltron is though? :(

If you dont mind a newbie who doesnt know what he's doing, I wouldnt mind trying this, if just to see how dumb I sound. I did go to radio broadcasting school 20 yrs back, dunno if that'll help or hinder.

I would have to guess that 95% of podcasters did NOT go to broadcasting school, so I don't think you're a newbie at all! :)

• Like 1

I know what Voltron is, but I've never used Skype, much less podcasted. So ferg & I cancel each other out, AFA that goes. Are only 5 of us allowed in on this? & can I be the right arm?

I'll get my wife to help me w/ Skype, she's the computer guru here; she tried Skyping her cousin in Europe last summer but it didnt work..

Edited by RJ

No, but...

if you do not know voltron, while having intimate knowledge of the power rangers, then we may have a problem

I dodged a bullet there. :) All I know is that it was very hard to keep the Green Ranger in stock in the early 90s at Kay Bee.

I think I'm a little bit older than many of the people on this thread and my fellow podcasters. I'm still a nerd of course, but once I got to high school and joined the band, I made friends with a lot of seniors who had cars, so I wasn't home to watch cartoons or play Atari anymore. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

• Like 2