IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

New one: Completely Unnecessary podcast

www..thepunkeffect.com/?p=11715

Shownotes indicate some retro talk. One of the hosts is Pat The NES Punk, world-renowned YouTube personality, so you know it's good. Haven't listened yet. 3 eps. available.

Yeah I just started considering my nominees.

& you are right. Dont they release movies sometimes within a certain timeframe before the Oscars just so they can be considered?

EDIT: oh wow, now i see the POTYs arent til December?

Edited by RJ

RMAP produces a good 1st attempt. Meets all (my) usual podcasting standards/criteria. A-

& ArcadeOutsiders is, oddly enough, starting to grow on me. If I FFWD in all the right places, that is. Usually when I hear John strum his guitar, that's my cue to skip about 10-15 minutes. Also there's some really unfunny Rick Flair in-joke going on.

RetroMAME Podcast: Another arcade coin-op podcast has arrived, and it is good. Nice banter between the hosts. Good technical background to those old & new to the emulation scene. They have the 'arcade ambience' tracks playing in the background, and use Williams soundbytes for bumpers between segments. That's what I wnated to use! A- as well.

Yeah I just started considering my nominees.

& you are right. Dont they release movies sometimes within a certain timeframe before the Oscars just so they can be considered?

EDIT: oh wow, now i see the POTYs arent til December?

Yeah, end of year for POTY so the whole of 2013 can be looked at. And there will be a physical award this time.

• Like 1

Yeah it looks like their focus will be producing a Gauntlet-stye 4-player MAME cab for one of the hosts. he wants it modular for easy dis/assembly as he's moving soon.

I knew I knew the background sound effects! I have all 4(?) versions on my Zen. IIRC each lasts around an hour, perfect for a podcast with no looping,

& if the physical award doesnt work out, you could just take a pic of it & email it to them.

Anyone else having trouble d/l ing No Quarter #52?

I'll give it a try later today.

Interesting interview with Python Angelo on Spooky Pinball podcast. He's a character! The only interview I listened to on SP that I enjoyed. Python did 99% of the talking, which is how an interview should be. :)

It worked fine once I got home this morning but not last night when I needed it just before work.

Good Throwback Reviews show w/ the awesomeness of both Flack AND Ferg.

@15:10- I am A Randy G...but not THAT Randy G. I've never put my name on a game. I once put Scotch tape over my Berzerk end label, so as not to confuse it with a friend's, but that only resulted in a torn/damaged end label upon removal.

• Like 1

What would be funnier is if that HAD been me, & my games somehow found a way from MN to Oklahoma (or wherever Flack got them).

Anyhoo, Retronauts returns to familiar territory as they discuss- all together now- SNES RPGs, specifically developer Quintet & Illusion of Gaia. I once almost bought that, had it in my hand at a GameCrazy store, debating whether to dive into the realm of RPGs, but I (wisely, I think) put it back.

Rob O'Hara has a new video podcast called Sprite Castle, where he plays and talks about 1 C64 game in each episode. 2 episodes in 2 days, and they're really short. Rob is always hilarious and I like this format because I don't have any history with the C64 and I can learn more about it. And I'm not just saying that because he is now my podcast overlord. :D

http://www.spritecastle.com/

Wanna like your post but my iPad wont let me today. Your podcast, coupled w/ a brand-new 2-hr YDKFlackcast all about Star Wars toys, increases my listening pleasure.

& hey, thats my sole vote for DS Dr. Mario! Great on the go & surprising someone wasnt aware of it.

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1

I'm liking this Throwback Network, which Ferg's podcast is a part of. It seems like there are now 2 media network dreams realized that Jerry T never materialized.

That, and someone should make an obscure early 80s new wave/postpunk podcast where you play 2 songs from an artist & say something(if there's any info about 'em). Kind of like the 'single game podcasts' but with music.

is there an RSS feed for Sprite Castle? That's the only way I'm going to remember new episodes. That and iGoogle is shutting down in less than a month.

• Like 1

Wanna like your post but my iPad wont let me today. Your podcast, coupled w/ a brand-new 2-hr YDKFlackcast all about Star Wars toys, increases my listening pleasure.

& hey, thats my sole vote for DS Dr. Mario! Great on the go & surprising someone wasnt aware of it.

I like the fact there was a Final Fantasy audible alarm thru the ep. It's like the grunt alarm that one gym has in the weight area.

• Like 2

I like the fact there was a Final Fantasy audible alarm thru the ep. It's like the grunt alarm that one gym has in the weight area.

I'm guessing that's chrisbid, who knows "WE ARE LISTENING!" here, & also keeps things moving by keeping the group from dwelling on any one game too long.

Edited by RJ
  • Like 2