IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Thank you guys. I don't sound like Barry White anymore but I'm coughing more than I was on Tuesday. I have an extra day off on Monday so I'm hoping that will do the trick. I have to be physically unable to do something in order to not do that thing, mostly work and now my podcast. If that makes sense. I just don't like disappointing anyone. :woozy:

the version with the 2 player version is for the ps1. tatton has that ps2 game you mentioned. the mini cab is a pretty cool idea. you slip your playstation controller inside.

The SNES version also has the two player mode, as does the Saturn and NUON versions as well. It seems like for a while they were basically kicking around the same home version of Space Invaders with the two player mode. I'm surprised only the SNES and NUON ones made it to the USA though. I'm not sure about the PS1 or Saturn versions, but in the NUON one they backed the versus gameplay with music from varying Taito arcade games over the years, games like Darius, Gun Frontier, etc. Cool stuff. :)

• Like 1

I like the acknowledgements/shoutouts in most of the shows I sub to. The podcast brotherhood grows ever stronger via this "intertwinedness".

Intellivisionaries @14:25 in: Rick(?) states I began this thread; S1500 is the real instigator ;) I consider myself more of a co-pilot.

Not many people know, IIRC this thread actually originated from 2 seperate podcast threads- one by me, the other by S1500. I followed/found him over here (hence my "here you are" comment early on) & rather than create a thread for every single podcast, this thread became a catch-all that has proven its worth to listeners, fans, & show hosts.

if you care to research, you could maybe find the 2 original threads, buried under 4+ yrs of time & text, that gave birth to this one. I'm too lazy for that.

re: RetroRewind podcast #27: wow, those kids have never sounded more stoned!

Baked Quitos- in ranch, jalapeño, & BBQ, new from NA-BIS-CO (ding!)

Edited by RJ
  • Like 2

I used to listen to them, the best part was the Retro Showdown, but I came to the conclusion it wasnt worth it.

The best ep. Is where one regular host gets pretty miffed from a discussion with the guest, you could tell by his tone at the end that guy likely wasnt welcomed back.

I like the acknowledgements/shoutouts in most of the shows I sub to. The podcast brotherhood grows ever stronger via this "

I agree with you RJ. I listen to a lot of other gaming podcasts too, and acknowledging them and their contributions is something I feel compelled to do when I have a microphone in front of me.

It's great to be part of this 'brotherhood'. The more the merrier if you ask me. That's a big reason why we joined the Throwback Network. A community like that makes it easier for others to find more quality podcasts.

And when the community dynamic is carried over to forums like this, it strengthens it even more.

• Like 1

As a big fan of ImplantGames I am really hoping you and Chris have sorted out the audio tracks, Austin.

Several episodes recently have both of you talking over each other like you can't hear the other person speaking and it's kinda jarring. Episode 57 being a recent example.

I know you've had some tech issues recently, and I hope it all gets fixed up soon. I love your shows. ;-)

• Like 1