IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Thanks, that's not a podcast.

Austin, good news- I downloaded ep. #58 from your site, using my ipad this time, & heard the whole thing w/ no trouble.

I'll try #57 the same way later today when I have time.

Edited by RJ

I'll give ImplantGamers a d/l tonight. Some podcasts just don't download right initially, and it's not limited to ImplantGamers. Lots of factors. A retry and I'm good to go.

Enjoy the chiptunes on the Intvaires #4. It makes me want to buy a Cinco MIDI Organizer. :)

• Like 1

Austin, good news- I downloaded ep. #58 from your site, using my ipad this time, & heard the whole thing w/ no trouble.

I'll try #57 the same way later today when I have time.

Great! I'm glad to hear it worked out for you. Let me know how Episode 57 works. If needed, as a last resort I can send you the MP3 of #57 directly via DropBox. Free and easy to sign up if you don't have it.

I'll give ImplantGamers a d/l tonight. Some podcasts just don't download right initially, and it's not limited to ImplantGamers. Lots of factors. A retry and I'm good to go.

Ah, okay. I'm glad to know it's not just our show then. The issue was brought to our attention around the same time Kris moved over to Squarespace, so naturally I was worried that was going to be the culprit.

Thought I would pass along the following e-mail I got from Apple earlier today.

---

Dear podcast provider,

"Submit a Podcast" will be temporarily unavailable from Saturday, December 21, to Friday, December 27, 2013.
During that time, Submit a Podcast will not be accessible and you will not be able to submit new podcasts. Processing of metadata changes to existing podcasts will be delayed.
If you have any additional questions, contact us.
Sincerely,
The iTunes Podcast team
---
Hopefully the actual feeds keep flowing as I know lots of people plan on recording and releasing shows over the holiday break.

Thought I would pass along the following e-mail I got from Apple earlier today.

---

Dear podcast provider,

"Submit a Podcast" will be temporarily unavailable from Saturday, December 21, to Friday, December 27, 2013.
During that time, Submit a Podcast will not be accessible and you will not be able to submit new podcasts. Processing of metadata changes to existing podcasts will be delayed.
If you have any additional questions, contact us.
Sincerely,
The iTunes Podcast team
---
Hopefully the actual feeds keep flowing as I know lots of people plan on recording and releasing shows over the holiday break.

That worried me at first, but I think what you're thinking is right, that it's just for brand new podcasts. I am finding that it is true that people download podcasts less frequently during the holidays, but we'll still put them out. As long as we can talk, that is. :)

• Like 2

Yeah, this year being w/ my side of the family (Xmas Eve) was a wash; but Xmas Day w/ my wife's side was way more poignant & enjoyable than usual.

Did I ever tell you about our first Xmas together when I spent TWELVE HOURS STRAIGHT at the in-laws? Never again.

Dunno. Don't remember what they did in Decembers prior.

Another podcast has arrived! Vintage Volts. Doesn't fit in with video games/pinball/retro computing, so we'll put it in the category we put The Retroist is in:

http://vintagevolts.com/?cat=13

Talks about radios & such. 2 episodes. Haven't listened yet.

Bizarro world continues: The latest RGR is only 1 hour long.

So was that the last episode of Sega Addicts?

And a new podcast has arrived!

http://retroobscura.podomatic.com

Not listened to yet, will try it later today.

Something wrong with your link, brings me right back here....................

When I get to Retro Obscura it says "this episode will not play on mobile devices" which is primarily how I listen :(

@S1500- your wish is granted- just got a FB note from Rob2586 that William Culver (ArcadeUSA?) is starting up a "Colecovisions podcast"!

Edited by RJ

Been toying around with doing a podcast for quite some time. Was orignally going to do a Arcade one, but there are so many qaulity ones out there I felt I had nothing new to bring to the table. I have to say Ferg and the Intellivisionaries steered my motivation to do a pre NES console and the one that came to mind was my beloved Colecovison! My friends at the RGRU podcast (who got me started with Arcade USA) have once again pulled out the stops to assist me with this new project!

The podcast basically will focus on Classic Coleco toys with emphasis on the ColecoVision itself. The podcast length I am trying for is 1 to 2 hours per episode, probably once a month to start.

My Co-Host and Admin for The ColecoVisions Podcast forums and facebook is Socal Mike from RGRU. He shares my passion for Coleco and the Colecovision and is a great guy to talk with. We are trying to get ahold of ex-coleco employees to join the site as well and for future interviews :)

I am still trying to get the webpage finished, music done (I have a viewer of Arcade USA writing one for me :) ), and get a outline put together for the first 6 episodes. I decided to add a Co-host as I think discussing the topic may be more interesting to listeners and not hear me droning (which I am working on not to do :) ) I am working on getting a trailer recorded going over the show and announce what Episode 1 will be (so we can get listener stories to read or listen to on the podcast like Ferg does :) Ferg and the Intellivisionaries were my inspiration to do this project not to mention listening to Flacks podcast episode 145 on podcasting!

The basic structure I am trying to do is (It may change):

- Main feature - colecovision related material - history, technology, etc

- Game play review (colecovision game covered in the show)

- Second feature - classic coleco toy

- Game play review (classic coleco toy covered in the show)

- Interview

- News

- Listener Feedback

Mixed in would be some classic coleco commercials and trivia

Now, I am brand new, a major NOOB for creating and publishing a podcast . It has been a learning experience so far, so if anyone has any tips or suggestions please throw them my way!

• Like 6

Now, I am brand new, a major NOOB for creating and publishing a podcast . It has been a learning experience so far, so if anyone has any tips or suggestions please throw them my way!

First suggestion: make-a-tha podcast. While this may seem like the simplest, most "duh" suggestion, it is by far the most difficult. But yes, I'm glad my wish for a Coleco podcast(in that other thread) has been heard.

• Like 1

I miss Retrogaming Radio. Sure, we poked fun at some of the segments, and he would go on for 45-50 minutes about a trivial feature in a game and how that destroyed the game industry, but we missed him. It beat out some of the recent podcasts that I honestly fast forwarded through the last 45 minutes of.

I miss Retrogaming Radio. Sure, we poked fun at some of the segments, and he would go on for 45-50 minutes about a trivial feature in a game and how that destroyed the game industry, but we missed him. It beat out some of the recent podcasts that I honestly fast forwarded through the last 45 minutes of.

Did the host ever provide an explanation or officially announce that he was canceling it?

I think I mentioned this before, but my only gripe with that show was that the host never seemed to branch out from his own personal nostalgic nooks and crannies to talk about the larger world of retro gaming; it felt like upwards of 90% of the time was spent talking about the Amiga, Commodore 64, Dragon's Lair, and a small handful of arcade titles. I always enjoyed listening, though.