IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Looking for Chad Concelmo's latest Best Podcast Ever, I happened upon LAPD (which he doesnt seem to be affiliated w/). Gaming themed, but it's like 3 friends yakking over a phone party line. Dont bother.

& was there a law passed that everyone under 30 yrs old has to swear like a sailor now?

I'm still trying to find time to that one 500-minute podcast by critical failure. It's a wee bit long for one session.

I worked on listening to most of it this weekend (stopped with about half an hour left).  It is pretty good, he got a wide variety of people to come on and just talk about things (I am in the second segment if anyone is interested, a certain bird was almost named many times).  All around, it is pretty cool.  

The best way to approach it is to take it in chunks, maybe one segment at a time or 1 hour chunks (though the first segment with Jerry Terrifiying, host of the Mondo Cool Cast is about 3 hours).  It is a good show though.

How do I get TigerClaw radio shows from iTunes again? You explained the procedure once before, IIRC it was easy to do but it doesnt want to seem to update new ones anymore.

Meantime, I'll just get it from his site & convert it to work on my DSi.

How do I get TigerClaw radio shows from iTunes again? You explained the procedure once before, IIRC it was easy to do but it doesnt want to seem to update new ones anymore.

Meantime, I'll just get it from his site & convert it to work on my DSi.

I always got my TigerClaw episodes from Itunes......both of them.

But I go to his website, and apparently he's on episode 52 or something? I honestly don't know how many episodes he has.

We should make a grid of who has co-hosted on each other's podcasts(Jerry Terrifying, Critical Failure, Retro League, etc). I think everyone has now co-hosted on each other's podcast.

I thought about doing something like that grid thing on my PR site (where I work with most of the podcasts mentioned) but due to time, haven't been able to do it (I was planning on covering game reviews on which episodes, guests and such-similar to how I kept track of The Price is Wrong on the Retro League forums, have to catch that thing up).

Well I guess it was what you'd expect from a 14 yr old running a podcast. Could have potential, but I dont expect greatness, & it wont be at the top of my list. CF sure was a trooper sticking around that long.

Kinda reminds me of me 25 yrs ago, using cassette tapes, a mic & a hulking stereo receiver to make fake radio DJ/talk shows. Now it's updated for the 21st century w/ computers & podcasting equipment.

Kinda reminds me of me 25 yrs ago, using cassette tapes, a mic & a hulking stereo receiver to make fake radio DJ/talk shows. Now it's updated for the 21st century w/ computers & podcasting equipment.

That's what I am reminded of too. Give some kids a cassette recorder + tapes, and you end up with what is the earliest form of podcasting.

• 3 weeks later...

Updates

The RetroComputing(?) Podcast - 2 episodes, both boring as hell. Will be unsubscribing. Retrobits recommended this, but the interviews cannot hold my interest one bit. D-

Will be unsubscribing from:

AllGen Gamers - Too many whale sounds, too much "morning zoo" banter, and practically zero content. Seriously, turn the damn soundboard off.

Yeah AllGen had great potential once they improved their audio/intro, now it's morning radio. & that Johnny guy is waaaay too enthusiastic/manic. latest ep. has another guy that acts just like him.

I agree w/ you S1500 but I'll stay subscribed, as I inhale podcasts to dull the work boredom.

• 1 month later...

Just a note on the latest Drunken Gamers- Hilden & Moe this time w/ a non-gaming departure: 20+ min. on some card game, & I skipped the beer segment but the same ol' Palin & Journey bashing w/ the usual excess profanity.

It's getting old, guys. I'm considering unsubscribing (which they'd wholeheartedly recommend.)

Huh, no sooner do I post above when on the latest (1/23) ep. they explain they're changing format- less gaming, more on other topics (I wondered how they had time to play all those games w/ families) Said something like "if you're still listening for gaming info, why havent you left yet?" Whatever.

Change was imminent for months they say. Oh well, one less podcast to listen to.

Edited by RJ

So, for an unofficial awards show for "podcast of the year", what do you say? I say Retrogaming Roundup, as they haven't radically changed formats, or have said "Final Fantasy" more than 200 times, nor changed hosts(I know, unavoidable at times) & actually cover pre-crash topics. Sure, fast forward when you hear UkMike's voice-changer segments, but everything else is good.

• 3 weeks later...

Want a fun challenge? Try to find the email address for allgengamers. It's not listed anywhere on the website I could find. Try leaving a comment on an episode? It's shut off!

I wanted to send them a nice email on the gradual decline of their show. It's 75% YouTube fame & annoying morning zoo whale sounds.

No, I don't want to connect on Facebook.

No, I don't want to sign up for an account to your forums.

No, I don't want to follow you on twitter.

No, I don't want to subscribe on Itunes(I refuse to get an itunes account due to credit card).

No, I don't want to click another circular link back to the home page.

Great joerb guys!

*sighs* classic video game podcasts have died down a bit recently.

Heh- maybe you can reach one of them via their all-important Youtube accounts. Im proud to say I havent wasted a single minute watching any youtube junk from/by them.

Anyhoo- Retronauts returns w/ an under 1 hr, call-in fueled episode on Zelda's big 2-5.

DGRadio's new "clever" thing is to start the show saying "You're tuned into D______ G______ Radio!!!" The D & G spaces filled in by a new different word each week. Hilarious!

The latest ep's opening minutes are spent discussing "felching". What a great new direction to take the podcast! "Hey everyone, instead of an interesting topic, we'll discuss vulgar sexual terms!"

Really? Is that what married husbands/fathers are talking about today? I dont believe the majority of subscribers are still on board. I'm officially unsubscribed.

DGRadio's new "clever" thing is to start the show saying "You're tuned into D______ G______ Radio!!!" The D & G spaces filled in by a new different word each week. Hilarious!

The latest ep's opening minutes are spent discussing "felching". What a great new direction to take the podcast! "Hey everyone, instead of an interesting topic, we'll discuss vulgar sexual terms!"

Really? Is that what married husbands/fathers are talking about today? I dont believe the majority of subscribers are still on board. I'm officially unsubscribed.

The "adult" humor and such is something that I try to avoid with the shows that I work with through my PR firm, personally I see no reason to be bringing a lot of that stuff up in a podcast that could more than likely be listened to by children (and how does it even have any place in a gaming podcast anyhow, regardless of intended listeners?).

Just let one client go over their lack of interest in "cleaning up" their content, some of the stuff they talked about literally made me turn off the show and put down my MP3 player and rethink my strategy with Scenic.

Heh. I stopped listening to Drunken Gamers(is that the one you are talking about?) when their show just got generally bland. Wow, you guys drink & kinda, somewhat talk about video games. Practically zero retro content.

Yet I'm tolerant & accepting of vulgarity & swearing and such. Jerry Terrifying's podcast has no such limits & sometimes delves into it, but I love listening to it. It's seedy. It's raw. It's a welcome change from family-friendly podcasts where "hell" is considered a bad word. He does it right without boring the audience.

The last Retronauts episode was not bad(Legend of Zelda). They did something previously never done before on the podcast: interact with listeners live. I don't even remember them reading listener mail.

Hey all podcasters: leave a dang email address so people can leave feedback. Don't make them sign up for an account or any other hoops to jump through. Leave it right on the page.