IGNORED

What kind of hard drives you have?

cimerians

So what hard drive do you have?

I did the stupid thing and bought low....a 160G drive thinking it would be enough (last year). I have the original 60G PS3.

So from 160G I'm already down to about 70 or 60G.

Now I'm thinking about upgrading again....but this time I'm buying HIGH.

Do I go for the terabye?

:P

I've seen some 500+ Gig drives that are around 100 bucks.

Edited by cimerians

I have the WD Scorpio Blue 500 GB, got it from Newegg they have it listed for $90 right now. I have about 80 gig left. I will probably go for a big external when I fill this internal one up, unless there is a reasonably priced 1TB drive. Then I would have to figure out an easy how to move all of my stuff from one to the other.

Some developers dump GIGS of data on your drive (Metal Gear, Devil May Cry, Tekken).

PS1 games can also eat up space and the PS3 has some pretty good games now on PSN.

I dont use my 360 too much for storage because I'm limited and:

A: I have the older non HDMI 360.

B: I dont want to max out on the harddrive Micro$oft sold me. Its a ripoff buying their drive.

C: You can't stick in just anything into the 360 and expect it to work. (Compatability)

I may go with a 640G (I saw a Scorpio Blue one on Amazon) and then use an external drive for movies and music.

Edited by cimerians

I also bought low at first.

I picked up a cheap 7200rpm 250gig a bit ago. (7200rpm because reviews were mixed as to if the ps3 could use the speed so I didn't take the chance)

I figure 250gig is probably fine until close to the end of the generation when drives will certainly be much less expensive and I'll put the biggest drive that will fit. I got a year out of the 80, so I should get much more time out of this one.

I do a lot of movies/music on my ps3. (I'm watching a movie on an external drive attached to it now) hopefully this netflix disc will really help out with my space issues too. I signed up for netflix specifically because of the new ps3 compatibility.

Edited by Reaperman