IGNORED

Not games specifically, but..

retrorussell

I have a pic of the marquee scans I have on my wall. A hell of a lot cheaper than the real thing. 195 in all; I just thought since my wall was bare and it could use a little sprucing up, it might be a neat idea. The games are (obviously, not all are seen):

Rally-X, Bubble Bobble, Tron, Qix, Street Fighter II CE, Pengo, Sinistar, Star Wars, Make Trax, Star Castle, Robotron, Marble Madness, Double Dragon, Final Fight, Tempest, VS. Super Mario Bros., Track & Field, Targ, Crystal Castles, Astro Blaster, Asteroids, Berzerk, Burgertime, Centipede, Donkey Kong, Mr. Do!, Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, Super Pac Man, Defender, Scramble, 1942, Arkanoid, Alpine Ski, Crazy Climber, Pole Position, Venture, Wizard Of Wor, Galaga, Galaxian, Frogger, Space Invaders, Gorf, Joust, Kung Fu Master, Ghosts 'N Goblins, Donkey Kong Jr., Lunar Lander, Karate Champ, Jungle King, Zaxxon, Yie Ar Kung Fu, Q Bert, Mario Bros., Xevious, NBA Jam, Out Run, UN Squadron, Dig Dug, Phoenix, Rastan, Popeye, Bagman, Moon Patrol, Moon Cresta, Pleiades, Missile Command, Marvel vs. Capcom, Ninja Gaiden, Golden Axe, Klax, Strider, Gauntlet, Depthcharge, Carnival, Tetris, Kangaroo, Bosconian, Kick, Commando, Space Fury, Sprint 1, Spy Hunter, Atari Football, Pong, Smash TV, Super Cobra, Punch-Out, Food Fight, Time Pilot, Space Ace, Dragon's Lair, Elevator Action, Arch Rivals, 720, After Burner, Congo Bongo, Armor Attack, Astro Fighter, Altered Beast, Space Duel, Rampage, Space Wars, Space Harrier, Monaco GP, Vanguard, Mr. Do's Castle, Toki, Cliff Hanger, Stunt Cycle, Capcom Bowling, Golden Tee Golf, Toobin', Simpsons, Super Sprint, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tekken 2, X-Men, Captain America & The Avengers, Frontline, Time Killers, Asteroids Deluxe, Mortal Kombat, Bionic Commando, Blasteroids, Combatribes, Bad Dudes, Millipede, Omega Race, Gravitar, Robocop, Bump 'N Jump, R-Type, Hit The Ice, Operation Wolf, Indiana Jones & The Temple Of Doom, Magic Sword, Road Blasters, Contra, Cyberball, Atari Basketball, Circus Charlie, Killer Instinct, Discs Of Tron, Mappy, Major Havoc, Kicker, Crossbow, Gradius, Lock 'N Chase, Gyruss, Paperboy, Cadash, Ninja Warriors, Darius, Battlezone, Night Driver, Sea Wolf, Video Pinball, Gun Fight, Xybots, Vindicators, Renegade, Shinobi, Chase HQ, APB, Ladybug, Cloak & Dagger, Rush 'N Attack, Breakout, Sunset Riders, Karnov, Mouse Trap, Tac/Scan, Rolling Thunder, Snow Bros., Super Bug, Zoo Keeper, Hang On, Ataxx, Columns, Buster Bros., Wonderboy, Hunchback, Gaplus, Amidar, Bottom Of The 9th, Tutankhamn, Ikari Warriors, Warlords, Soul Calibur, NFL Blitz, Wrestlemania, Space Panic, Dance Dance Revolution USA.

post-22655-125801993648_thumb.jpg

Edited by retrorussell

I did something similar but on a much smaller scale with printouts of arcade flyers.

I printed out Pong, Computer Space, Sea Wolf, shark Jaws, Astro Invader, Space Invaders and Galaxian 8.5 x 11 flyers you can find off the net. I bought cheap frames from Salvation Army, spray painted the frames with fluorescent orange and yellow paint and hung them below the black lights in the Retrocade. It looks really sweet.

Edited by rmaerz

That it incredibly cool. Those marquees look great. I have a bunch of them in a box but they're not all in new condition. How did you attach them to your wall?

Uh.. cheapo scotch tape. You can see a couple coming off. :)~

I basically wanted to get the more popular/influential ones over the years. I felt bad about missing out on some good ones (Satan's Hollow, Tank, Domino Man, etc.) but overall I think I had a pretty good selection. Thanks for the props all!

That it incredibly cool. Those marquees look great. I have a bunch of them in a box but they're not all in new condition. How did you attach them to your wall?

Uh.. cheapo scotch tape. You can see a couple coming off. :)~

I basically wanted to get the more popular/influential ones over the years. I felt bad about missing out on some good ones (Satan's Hollow, Tank, Domino Man, etc.) but overall I think I had a pretty good selection. Thanks for the props all!

Wow. I wouldn't think that Scotch tape would be strong enough to hold a marquee. Some of those are pretty heavy!

I did something similar but on a much smaller scale with printouts of arcade flyers.

I printed out Pong, Computer Space, Sea Wolf, shark Jaws, Astro Invader, Space Invaders and Galaxian 8.5 x 11 flyers you can find off the net. I bought cheap frames from Salvation Army, spray painted the frames with fluorescent orange and yellow paint and hung them below the black lights in the Retrocade. It looks really sweet.

Can you show some pics? I'd like to see them.

Can you show some pics? I'd like to see them.

This isn't the greatest pic - on the wall you'll see four of the marquees. What I need to do is turn on the black lights and get closeups.

While I'm doing that, I'll just photograph my entire collection for the Show and Tell forum and post a link to it.

post-22552-125812467761_thumb.jpg

Edited by rmaerz