IGNORED

vectrex controll

Panzertax

Today my neighbour gave me his old vectrex game consol. I have been facinated by this since I was a boy. Now there are one controll and it works ok. its a bit problems with the stearing and firebutton. But since it has 2 player i want one or 2 new controls. Now I dont know how to build/convert a control. But can I buy from somewhere? And if so how much does it cost?

I would VERY much appreciate if someone could help me with this.

Yeah unfortunately John Dondzila, wonderful Vectrex preserver with games and all, has been trying to find a replacement for his Genesis to Vectrex converted pads for months now but hasn't yet.

Someone on here also posted a while back of a new Vectrex controller (that looked big and expensive but you never know) but I can't find it now. I assume that hasn't been released or else it would have been posted on the Vectrex news sites and all by now. Anyone have any updates on it?

Here's the "google cached" link to do it.

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:dWgjVqlFa5cJ:vectrex.classicgaming.gamespy.com/controller.txt+genesis+vectrex+controller&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

There are 2 versions described on the page. A PIC controlled better version (remappable buttons, rapid fire, etc), and just wiring it in without the PIC controller.

desiv

The Vectrex controller isn't electronically complex. It has no active electronics (chips, transistors, etc.) If somebody wanted to build their own, the thumbstick out of a PS2 controller has the same resistance properties as the original. As far as the electronic aspect, one could build a controller directly from the schematics provided in the Vectrex service manual (available online).

I haven't taken one apart to check the value of the pots in a Hyperscan controller, but on the surface they look like a prime target for modding into a Vectrex controller.

(If I wasn't really busy at work and in the middle of remodeling a house and buying another one that will need some remodeling...then moving to the new house, I'd probably build some Vectrex controllers for sale.)

Edited by BigO