IGNORED

Intellivision II Side Controller Bottons

Sam9938

I got my 7800 in today and used the rf from that, set my universal adapter to 12v and positive and safe to say the system runs flawlessly. Which is awesome seeing as I didnt even expect it to work.

Controllers on the II suck bad, have high hopes for my Intelly I coming in

Glad you could solve the problem.

I love my Intv II collection, but the Inty I is the better system to play on. The Coleco branded games arent locked out like on the II & III, and the controllers are far better. Aldo, INTV corp made nice little joystick adapters for them, which are relatively common. They DONT fit properly on the Invt II controller, however they fit just snug on the I & III.

Be sure to look through the threads for the best Intv games.

Off the whim I recommend:

Bump & Jump

Thunder Castle

Dreadnaught Factor

AD&D Treasure of Tarmin (or Cloudy Mountain)

Shark Shark

Astrosmash

Tron Deadly Disks

Snafu

Utopia

And just about any game you can find from Imagic!

Is cloudy mountain the same as AD&D? cause thats the only one I have seen besides Treasure of Tarmin. Snafu is awesome, thats one that came with it. I was considering buying the CC3 but knowing myself I would still want to collect most of the good games anyway, so I figured I would spend that $160 on games instead.

If it's the controllers you have high hopes for, I wouldn't get too excited.

The Coleco branded games arent locked out like on the II & III, and the controllers are far better. Aldo, INTV corp made nice little joystick adapters for them, which are relatively common. They DONT fit properly on the Invt II controller, however they fit just snug on the I & III.

Only some of the Coleco games are incompatible with the II, not all. And none of them are incompatible with the III. The III is exactly the same as the I, but with a black/silver case and a power LED. Also, you can't use the ECS or System Changer on a I or III, which may or may not be a big deal.

INTV did make joystick add-ons (IIRC they were re-badges of an existing product), but those aren't the ones in the auction. The INTV ones only fit the I/III/Tandyvision/Super Video Arcade/Super Pro System because they consist of brackets that fit over the width and depth of the controller, which is thinner than the II's controller.

And it looks like I was wrong about the sticks in the auction (they're called Injoy-A-Sticks, btw); they apparently do not stick onto the disc, but instead replace the disc entirely. So you have to take the controller apart to install them, which isn't a big deal. However, since the Intellivision II controllers can't really be opened up, you probably won't be able to use them with a II.

I got my 7800 in today and used the rf from that, set my universal adapter to 12v and positive and safe to say the system runs flawlessly. Which is awesome seeing as I didnt even expect it to work.

Glad you could solve the problem.

I love my Intv II collection, but the Inty I is the better system to play on. The Coleco branded games arent locked out like on the II & III, and the controllers are far better. Aldo, INTV corp made nice little joystick adapters for them, which are relatively common. They DONT fit properly on the Invt II controller, however they fit just snug on the I & III.

Be sure to look through the threads for the best Intv games.

Off the whim I recommend:

Bump & Jump

Thunder Castle

Dreadnaught Factor

AD&D Treasure of Tarmin (or Cloudy Mountain)

Shark Shark

Astrosmash

Tron Deadly Disks

Snafu

Utopia

And just about any game you can find from Imagic!

Is cloudy mountain the same as AD&D? cause thats the only one I have seen besides Treasure of Tarmin. Snafu is awesome, thats one that came with it. I was considering buying the CC3 but knowing myself I would still want to collect most of the good games anyway, so I figured I would spend that $160 on games instead.

Some of the Cloudy Mountain and Tarmin carts where released with a generic white label that reads "Dungeons and Dragons".

I would definitely get a CC3, that way you dont have to crack into any sealed games that you come across ;)

I have one of those stik adapters for the INTV.Its a greyish stik that has a ball on top,with a square black base that clips over the intv controller,,and a simple sponge on the bottom for resistance.Anyone know who made them or what they're are called.Sorry i wish i could post pics,no camera. :)

I have one of those stik adapters for the INTV.Its a greyish stik that has a ball on top,with a square black base that clips over the intv controller,,and a simple sponge on the bottom for resistance.Anyone know who made them or what they're are called.Sorry i wish i could post pics,no camera. :)

I know INTV sold those under their name, but I think that was a rebadge of the Point Master. So...Point Master?